• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Test] FullHeal and Layhands

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I realize test is WIP, but I figure I should throw this out there sooner rather than later.

So, FullHeal, after the self-heal nerf and 5 sec warmup, now on test you just can't use it on yourself at all.
(Says the description, if you punch in your name it'll still work for now)
Layhands is still instant as it's always been and can still be used on oneself, albeit still with self-heal nerf.
FullHeal belongs to the healer of healer classes, and Layhands to a divine warrior.
Why does the class that isn't even a healer have the same skill, but better, and now the only variant that can self heal?
Following the example sticky of "X class can do these things, faster and without any cooldown", Paladin can do this, faster, without any warmup, and target themself if they so choose.
For this, my suggestion is simple: Don't make fullheal non-self or also make layhands non-self.
Thank you, have a nice day.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I say that you shouldn't be able to layhands yourself. You can say what you want balance-wise, but the whole concept of "lay-hands" is that you lay your hands on someone and heal/purify them.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I say that you shouldn't be able to layhands yourself. You can say what you want balance-wise, but the whole concept of "lay-hands" is that you lay your hands on someone and heal/purify them.
Ever heard of masturbating

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
If this server was following lore then I think the whole server would be different. Also what monkey said I can easily lay my hands on myself. (PG Version)

and for @0xNaomi's post and with the recent mana changes of Layhands it really makes paladin a harder role because now we have to consider saving mana instead of just outputting damage in some fights I feel like I am just hitting left click until a layhands needs to be popped then do my rotation. You also need to consider fullheals, cooldowns, how much it heals and what SKILLS cleric has to keep themselves up as it is.

Since everyone is imitating reddit on here I want to be cool also

tl:dr Layhands mana is expensive therefore pissing off current paladins. The new fullheal is still a great skill considering what other heals you have to keep yourself alive.