• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Temp PVP-Off for Building

KiwiGuy

TNT
Gee your all getting so worked up over an hour a day. Its only 1 hours guys, its not the end of the world.

If this was implemetned like it is suggested, a town would have at MAX less than 24 hours total protection time which they cannot string together within a 3 week period.

Barnubus touched on a key aspect of this server, Community. If a part of the community feels it cannot progress because its constantly getting targetted then that part of the community leave the server. And you may well say good ridance they couldnt handle it on HCO. But for the server to grow and thrive you need members. Towards the end of DG the population size was pitiful. The build before didnt suffer so badly. So whats the difference between Zeal and DG periods. I beleive its the attitude of the current player base.

Its all about me me me, and eventually it is only "me" playing in a largely unpopulated server. Sure the true hardcore fanbase of about 50 players will stick it out but thats barely a community. A little lee way for a minute period of time really wont affect your killing frenzies at all.

M

MrPapodopolus

This would just be another thing that would be added to make herocraft less hardcore...ThornHollow is a pretty decent build and we finished it, despite being attacked a couple of times. Zeal didn't have nearly any of the current rules in place, such as the no pvp till level 10, or the lwc death chests, and the builds were still amazing. If you cant defend your town while your building, then you shouldn't be a town in the first place.

c12095

Holy Shit!
All this does is promote towns that can't stand on their own, or even with allies. Which is what is tring to be prevented this map. It is completely unnecessary, if you can even make your own town while protection yourselves you don't need to own a town.

Gee your all getting so worked up over an hour a day. Its only 1 hours guys, its not the end of the world.

If this was implemetned like it is suggested, a town would have at MAX less than 24 hours total protection time which they cannot string together within a 3 week period.

Barnubus touched on a key aspect of this server, Community. If a part of the community feels it cannot progress because its constantly getting targetted then that part of the community leave the server. And you may well say good ridance they couldnt handle it on HCO. But for the server to grow and thrive you need members. Towards the end of DG the population size was pitiful. The build before didnt suffer so badly. So whats the difference between Zeal and DG periods. I beleive its the attitude of the current player base.

Its all about me me me, and eventually it is only "me" playing in a largely unpopulated server. Sure the true hardcore fanbase of about 50 players will stick it out but thats barely a community. A little lee way for a minute period of time really wont affect your killing frenzies at all.
Hmm what can you do with 24 hours of solid building without attackers… I think it would be stupid same with the level 10 thing and in combat death chests which should never have even been encoreperated into the game. It would also give raiders a chance to get into houses and steal stuff without opposition which is insanely stupid reguardless of how you view it.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
All this does is promote towns that can't stand on their own, or even with allies. Which is what is tring to be prevented this map. It is completely unnecessary, if you can even make your own town while protection yourselves you don't need to own a town.
No, this is to help the towns where 15 specced kiddies are raiding, and not leaving for 2 hours. And then an another raid party arrives 15 minutes later, that is not hard, hardcore, or something that every town should be able to 'stand against'. It is complete and utter bullshit.

c12095

Holy Shit!
No, this is to help the towns where 15 specced kiddies are raiding, and not leaving for 2 hours. And then an another raid party arrives 15 minutes later, that is not hard, hardcore, or something that every town should be able to 'stand against'. It it complete and utter bullshit.

Not everyone has time to grind mobs 4 hours a day simply to defend against raiders, and most towns works on building the damn town, not hunting mobs that aren't even to be found.

If you painted that much of a target on your town to be raided by 15 speced players for two hours only to be replaced by another raiding party you have a much larger issue than not being able to build. If this is such a huge issue why are there towns that are built enough that they can safely go about their business? This is not solely a building server, being apart of a town you have to realize that jobs need to be split. Have some people go chase those "imaginary" mobs you spoke of. If there are enough people to keep your town crippled there must be a really large amount of those "imaginary" mobs wandering in peoples thoughts to level them up so much.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
If you painted that much of a target on your town to be raided by 15 speced players for two hours only to be replaced by another raiding party you have a much larger issue than not being able to build. If this is such a huge issue why are there towns that are built enough that they can safely go about their business? This is not solely a building server, being apart of a town you have to realize that jobs need to be split. Have some people go chase those "imaginary" mobs you spoke of. If there are enough people to keep your town crippled there must be a really large amount of those "imaginary" mobs wandering in peoples thoughts to level them up so much.
C12, you should stop using your own town as an example for these things. Yes, it's doable. But that is not the point of Gigi's suggestion.

KiwiGuy

TNT
Hmm what can you do with 24 hours of solid building without attackers… I think it would be stupid same with the level 10 thing and in combat death chests which should never have even been encoreperated into the game. It would also give raiders a chance to get into houses and steal stuff without opposition which is insanely stupid reguardless of how you view it.

This is a classic case of someone not reading the OP. That 24hours of protection, is spread out over 1 hour per day over 3 weeks as was the maximum time suggested.

As I have stated before its only 1hour per day if the town chooses to spend the cost to do so. This cost might be such that it is uneconomical (big word sorry, dictionary.com if you need too) to do it every day. Its merely a small re-spite for towns to get in some quick building done before breaking back out to smash the hordes(players,mobs or rocks).