• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Temp PVP-Off for Building

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
I have an idea (not aware of any plugins for this though):

Mayors and owners of personal plots/regions have the ability to turn off PVP once a day for one hour for building.

Here's the catch - This is only for Hamlets and for the first 2-3 weeks that they have their regions up. Also, in order to do this, the town must first pay a specific amount of coin AND anyone caught using this to border-hop will result in a temporary ban. If this occurs multiple times or the town is caught using this to prevent a current raid, this ability may be lost early.

Why? - This will help towns get their beautiful structures up without it looking like crap for the first several weeks due to the structures being incomplete and/or with cobble walls that are a quick and easy fix to keep enemies out while the players build. I feel this will also help make the server look absolutely amazing much faster, attracting more players who are interested in joining the well-build towns.

Who Gets This - Only mayors or owners of the regions should get this ability to prevent abuse and to direct responsibility directly towards the owner/overlord. As said above, this should only be allowed the first 2-3 weeks to give the builders a "grace" period while building when it comes to Hamlets or Personal regions .

I thought this idea would help immensely since there comes a LOT of frustration when trying to make a town look nice and trolls come along to just camp your base and kill you anytime you try to start building.

@Rumblestikk @KiwiGuy @Dwarfers @TheTXLibra @leftovers5 @Brutalacerate @Kainzo @Danda

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This sounds like a great idea. I get camped often by trolls that have little respect for architecture. I'm forced to delegate building time to off peak hours, or hours where a substantial army is at Verstad to protect me.

KiwiGuy

TNT
I love this idea, building has gone down to a crawl ever since most active pvpers have spec'd.

Getting constantly raided and losing building resources is a huge waste of time and annoyance for myself as my cities architect. The citizens are getting restless with the city not progressing as fast as it should.

And this would help get those builds up and off the ground much faster. It will help attract more players who like pretty places to live and in turn will help with server population which means more donations which in turn equals a better server for all.

The build is new, there is plenty of time to get your pvp on and have fun. Lets get the infrastructure right and functional and then let the good times roll.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Keep the no-PvP time extremely short and costly, thats the only way I see this as needed. Soon enough all towns will have plots organized and people can hide in their own little safe houses.

KiwiGuy

TNT
Thats why it was mentioned that only hamlets that are less than 2-3weeks old. This is a very short grace period to have the ability with a cost to turn off pvp once a day for 1 hour. Thats only 7 hours a week assuming that they can pay thr cost daily.

that would be a total of 14 - 21 hours in a 2 -3 week grace period. On the whole this is not alot of time lost for the hardcore pvpers.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Thats why it was mentioned that only hamlets that are less than 2-3weeks old. This is a very short grace period to have the ability with a cost to turn off pvp once a day for 1 hour. Thats only 7 hours a week assuming that they can pay thr cost daily.

that would be a total of 14 - 21 hours in a 2 -3 week grace period. On the whole this is not alot of time lost for the hardcore pvpers.

What Kiwi said.. o.o

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
No offense, but I really don't like this idea win or lose in a raid it is doing something that teaches you about how to defend your town or land. Building without pvp turned on sounds boring because it takes away the essential feel of HeroCraft and if people can't defend their land/citizen's they really shouldn't own one...

Northac

Obsidian
No offense, but I really don't like this idea win or lose in a raid it is doing something that teaches you about how to defend your town or land. Building without pvp turned on sounds boring because it takes away the essential feel of HeroCraft and if people can't defend their land/citizen's they really shouldn't own one...

Its more geared towards preventing people from constantly attacking and killing those who are building a town (one that just started) not to prevent a raid on the town.
More of a "allow the town marked by the short dirt wall to build up before we wreck them" instead of the Prevent the walled fortress town from being attacked.

On the flip side, not everyone can set their schedual to fit when the proposed hour of no pvp time will match up with the time they are on, so that is one issue that should be looked at before anything is implemented (if it is at all)

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Its more geared towards preventing people from constantly attacking and killing those who are building a town (one that just started) not to prevent a raid on the town.
More of a "allow the town marked by the short dirt wall to build up before we wreck them" instead of the Prevent the walled fortress town from being attacked.

On the flip side, not everyone can set their schedual to fit when the proposed hour of no pvp time will match up with the time they are on, so that is one issue that should be looked at before anything is implemented (if it is at all)
This didn't happen back in zeal or sanctum I have heard, back than we killed them once laughed about it than left, now it is 13 year old masters who continually attack you so it is a community problem. I personally only build when you guys go to sleep which is in aprox 3 hours. Solutions to your problems build when no ones around, set up people to watch, get regions and build underground than up.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd agree with this. I play Herocraft to build, not PVP. It's understandable that building isn't necessarily the first thing you'd expect from a hardcore server, but who'd want to fight in boring generated land without structures?
Thanks for tagging me @MsGigi, you got my backing for this!

Acherous

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I'm loving this idea. I would have made towns in previous maps so much differently had this been in place. The main reason I put obnoxious defenses up is so I can build in peace. I'd love it if this was implemented.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree, immensely.
Towns have always, always been able to build despite raids. My town last map did well, we rebuilt the townhall twice. We were raided constantly, killed often, but we fought to continue. All towns have been able to: Newerth was amazing in Zeal, D101 too.

You're protecting weak, unorganized towns, and when there is a cap on townships, towns need to be pushed to either become better, or fail.
The more a town has to fight to survive, the better the town, the more ingrained into the community they become, and the more of an achievement a town is.

Might seem harsh, but I'm not one to coddle people, nor do I think this server is.