• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Targeting Changes: Live Testing Feedback

Soren_Endon

Coder
I am the developer responsible for the changes to targeting currently being live tested. Please provide feedback here.

If you are unfamiliar yet, or curious on the changes here are the change docs.

Healing skills are the most impacted due to the removal of name binding. I have taken care to make sure healing is still viable (see the link above) but I don't play herocraft so I am not the best judge of that.

Be constructive, regards, Soren_Endon.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR HEALERS (Healing/Buffing Skills)

To solve the fact that healing and buffing skills can no longer target non party members, I have in the works to allow healing skills to target every player by default. It is important that you know to apply the targeting flag `-tp` (Target Party) to all of your bound healing skills to keep them functioning as they were in the targeting changes initial release.

Think of it as an addition of functionality with a change in what is considered default. The added functionality is the ability to heal/buff non party members with the new default functionality being the skill healing/buffing everyone.

All one must do to return to the the old default (heal/buff only party members) is add `-tp` (targeting flag for "Target Party") as a skill argument.

Examples
  • /bind fullheal : will heal everyone
  • /bind fullheal -ts : will heal self
  • /bind fullheal -to : will heal everyone else
  • /bind fullheal -tp : will heal party members including your self
  • /bind fullheal -tp -to : will heal party members but not your self
  • /bind fullheal -te : will heal non party members but not your party members or your self.

Changes reflected in change docs. Will go live on tonight's restart (currently 10/18/2015)

Known Issues...
  • Bug: Range checking after charged skills is inconsistent with original hit check. (This will always be inconsistent but it is currently unacceptably inconsistent) Fixed & live
  • Bug: Aggressive skills can not be used in party pvp at the moment as I was unaware of its existence.Fixed & live
  • Bug: It is my understanding that one was able to heal non party members through name binding. This functionality (healing non party members) is currently lost. See above important notice
  • Bug: Skills `AimedShot` and `ThrowAxe` are broken due to targeting changes. Fixed & live

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
No feedback yet, but thank you for all you effort and skills that have been sunk into our skills.

Edit - System looks good on paper, excited to see it in action in the game. So many annoyances corrected with this new system. Tall grass, the bane of the Cleric...

Last edited:

Soren_Endon

Coder
No feedback yet, but thank you for all you effort and skills that have been sunk into our skills.

Edit - System looks good on paper, excited to see it in action in the game. So many annoyances corrected with this new system. Tall grass, the bane of the Cleric...

Test away, it currently is on live.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am the developer responsible for the changes to targeting currently being live tested. Please provide feedback here.

If you are unfamiliar yet, or curious on the changes here are the change docs.

Healing skills are the most impacted due to the removal of name binding. I have taken care to make sure healing is still viable (see the link above) but I don't play herocraft so I am not the best judge of that.

Be constructive, regards, Soren_Endon.

Known Issues...
  • Bug: Range checking after charged skills is inconsistent with original hit check. (This will always be inconsistent but it is currently unacceptably inconsistent) Fixed & live
  • Bug: Aggressive skills can not be used in party pvp at the moment as I was unaware of its existence.Fixed & live
  • Bug: It is my understanding that one was able to heal non party members through name binding. This functionality (healing non party members) is currently lost. Will not fix unless desired
  • Bug: Skills `AimedShot` and `ThrowAxe` are broken due to targeting changes. Fixed & live
Amazing work thus far! Thanks for everyone giving feedback

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
it looks pretty good, im kinda waiting to test it out more until all the leveling changes go in effect but i may hop on and just get started on that before then.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I am not truly sure if I should ask this question on this thread or not but-

Will Shaman/Soothsayers totems target like all the other skill new targeting? Could A shaman look in a room through a half slab and lure people out by fire striking them?

Sorry if is is mentioned elsewhere and I overlooked it, or if his was the incorrect thread to ask,

EDIT: Also will Shaman/Soothsayer's Healing Totem function as an aoe heal that heals allies and enemies? :eek:

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
you can target people that are not in your party, this is really annoying when trying to heal yourself
edit: even when its set onto target yourself
  • /bind fullheal -te : will heal non party members but not your party members or your self.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I am not truly sure if I should ask this question on this thread or not but-

Will Shaman/Soothsayers totems target like all the other skill new targeting? Could A shaman look in a room through a half slab and lure people out by fire striking them?

Sorry if is is mentioned elsewhere and I overlooked it, or if his was the incorrect thread to ask,

EDIT: Also will Shaman/Soothsayer's Healing Totem function as an aoe heal that heals allies and enemies? :eek:
No, this is only TargettedSkills, skills you use on someone, with some exceptions (revive is one).

So no, Totems cannot be placed through slabs at this time (I've gotten it to do that on test, really like it) and AOE anything is unchanged.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
your a god didnt even know this was a thing