• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tales of a Minecraft Newb & Herocraft Supporter

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Man I like this thread and I think there should be more threads like this one, I mean it is very entertaining getting high and reading these to @Piptendo and @Mikkumi. You should see my impressions of all of you, J2BH is like a 12 yr old with a lot of energy, Maximillion sounds very depressed, so keep it up, the more content the better.

Man I like this thread and I think there should be more threads like this one, I mean it is very entertaining getting high and reading these to @Piptendo and @Mikkumi. You should see my impressions of all of you, J2BH is like a 12 yr old with a lot of energy, Maximillion sounds very depressed, so keep it up, the more content the better.
Dunno, I usually imagine J2BH as Meowth from the Pokemon shows when I was a kid. For Max I would lean less towards depressed, but more of the misguided passion of Ted Cruz. TimForReal is the voice of one of the characters from MWII.

It's a very interesting round table of a talking cat, politician, and video game war hero. Plus, the added commentary from you, Munch (voiced by the immortal Troll Song).

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Dunno, I usually imagine J2BH as Meowth from the Pokemon shows when I was a kid. For Max I would lean less towards depressed, but more of the misguided passion of Ted Cruz. TimForReal is the voice of one of the characters from MWII.

It's a very interesting round table of a talking cat, politician, and video game war hero. Plus, the added commentary from you, Munch (voiced by the immortal Troll Song).
Since I dont have ratings for another 10 days I will have to reply instead, I FULLY AGREE. GG Game set

Why did you make a post on this? Why are you making this statement?

I think the strongest thing that's compelling me, is my desire to not be misunderstood. Most players have tried multiple servers, and are used to abusive Staff, and most Staff on server are used to toxic players who seem to hit their servers in droves. This, not "bad people, everywhere" is what I see as why most people on Minecraft servers have such a tough time interacting. It isn't just their experiences, but the thought of "I am not putting up with this BS again, I'm done with bullshitters, I am putting my foot down."

People forget that others (not just them) are usually, at their core, good people. I make as good a cynic as the next person, but optimism has opened doors for me in my offline life that were previously closed to me, so I can't help but feel like improving my communication style, and making my experiences known, might do the same.

I didn't post it as a Ban Appeal, because I'm not sure this is me appealing a ban. Most Ban Appeals I've read on various MC Servers, were people using Hack Clients, intentionally mass-griefing (dumping lava buckets over people's towns, when/where that wasn't allowed, etc), and they knew what they were doing was wrong, but they play innocent and dumb, and Staff have to contend with that nonsense on a continual basis.

What I've wanted was another shot at representing myself accurately and effectively, and if I was to do that, it had to be somewhere folks wouldn't have the "Going through these damned Ban Appeals again" vibe coursing through them.

Maybe I could be more clever or smart about how I'm going about this, I don't know. Unlike most people, I can't make an educated guess at what's going on in other people's heads. I just know that, if I put myself in someone else's shoes, on the premise that they're being honest about how they feel, it will help me determine how we can help each other, and achieve a win-win solution. That has worked well for me, so I think I can "spread the gospel" (lol) of doing so to others, so they can experience the same. I rely upon Empathy, where I lack in Sociological/Psychological know-how. My folks, growing up, always told me to cover my weaknesses with my strengths, after all.

I do want to return to Herocraft, that much is true. However, my Ban Appeal is over there, and my OOC Herocraft Biography (in all it's long-windedness) is here! :p

[Edited a ton of times for formatting and elaboration]

@TimForReal
So, from the looks of this - you didn't even attempt to report the grief at all. How can anyone even begin to help you, if you don't help yourself?

Could you please take a look at the PMs I sent you as XARXU? I also messaged you personally, in-game, on the subject matter. No, I can't quote that bit, so I know it can't be admitted as evidence, but if you still have copies, maybe you can.

As for why I stopped talking to you, the Proctors and players kept saying you were Kainzo, so when I started feeling like I was getting the cold shoulder from him, my communications with you stopped as well.

As a newbie, all we have to go by is what the Staff tell us. If they assume we're BSing, and they troll us, what can we do (not knowing they're being facetious) but assume they're telling us the truth? I guess I should maybe take what folks say, Staff or not, with a grain of salt. I don't notice "sarcasm" most often, so when I take someone at face value, it seems I kind of end up chasing my tail, and being laughed at... it's not fun. :-/

I think some of the Proctors in /HELP once told me to direct my questions on Herocraft to @MunchlaxHero. As you can imagine, he ended up about as confused as I was, and it never occurred to me to tell him the Proctors sent me to him, since I didn't know he wasn't their go-to guy.

A couple of folks in /HELP also told me @TimForFake was your alt, and that LarryDeCable was the one who kept kicking me, although it was later revealed that he (at the time, dunno about now) didn't even have Ban/Kick verbs.

I really don't get troll humor, nor am I great at picking up sarcasm. I wish folks would put a </sarcasm> or </facetious> at the end of their joke posts/messages, for those of us who aren't on the same wavelength.

Someone with [Proctor] before their name tells you that you can make money by digging up dirt and cobblestone, and it doesn't work, and they say "It SHOULD work", and you keep trying, and it doesn't, and they say "put in a /PE", and you do it and get yelled at...

What are we supposed to take away from that encounter? Yes, in retrospect, I can see what was happening, but in the moment, I never can.

This is why I resolved, if Unbanned, to mostly keep to myself.

Last edited:
Ah, I see I'm unbanned. Well, I intend to stick to my word.

I'm still open to Q&A, if anyone feels like it. I don't think my experiences on Minecraft Multiplayer are all that unique, and - as much as the next guy - I do love talking about myself, and sharing my experiences. :)

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
Ah, I see I'm unbanned. Well, I intend to stick to my word.

I'm still open to Q&A, if anyone feels like it. I don't think my experiences on Minecraft Multiplayer are all that unique, and - as much as the next guy - I do love talking about myself, and sharing my experiences. :)
Instead of using your precious time to argue on a minecraft server forum with people, go write a fucking novel.
Or..
Just take this time to become a politician.

I don't see a "Quote" feature on posts, so that I can quote posts directly. If anyone knows where I can find that, please let me know!

@FaZeAlpine
Instead of using your precious time to argue on a minecraft server forum with people, go write a fucking novel.
Or..
Just take this time to become a politician.

1. I lack the adequate charisma and cunning to be a politician. I am improving my communication skills, but that alone can only get you so far, in the world of government politics.

2. Working on a Visual Novel, actually. Not a bad suggestion.

PS: Did you see what I did with the Post Rating?

Your Avatar
a6a3d5f9c9.jpg

My Post Rating
creeper.png
Creepy x1

#ProbablyNotAsFunnyAsIThinkItWas

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I didn't read much of the comments, but I read through the story. A bit sad, I must admit.

One thing that really triggered this comment, however, was how you titled it. "Tales of a Minecraft Newb & Herocraft Supporter."

To me, this implies you figure people got away with things because they are supporters. This is not the case, and hasn't been at any point in time across my existence in Herocraft. Sometimes I will get mauled and figure "they're higher tiers is why" but then I realize the childish response and scald my pixelated self. Supporters are just as liable to their actions as normal players. This is not Pay2Win.

I also dislike the sense of stereotyping the name gives such an aura of. Not all supporters are ruthless PvP'ers. I'm a supporter, for example, but I don't see myself going out and griefing new players or camping the exits of spawn. I have placed bounties, but only on experienced players who probably wouldn't care about them anyway and enjoy the PvP, unless they truly deserved it.

I believe you've misunderstood everything, and your mind has interpreted things for your personal thought process. This is simply the online experience. You've listed the friends who have helped you, and you've discussed just how bad everyone else is. This is the classic friends and enemies scenario. You have people who like you, and people who want to kill you. Welcome to Herocraft. Welcome to Minecraft. Welcome to Gaming. Welcome to Life, just a tad bit exaggerated into a Minecraft variant.

Excuse the late reply, just read this post!

I hope you continue to enjoy your experience here, perhaps with a new outlook on the things you encounter. I've seen you online recently, so that's good!