• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions Remake

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok so this thread is gonna be a rundown on all the suggestions I've made these past few days, but cleaned up.

Town Appearances/Overall Server Appearance

Rules on Town appearances need to be remade and the structures in the wilderness that are very fugly also need to be changed. We need to have a complete rehaul so that when new players come to the server they get the wow factor instead of the "Holy shit what is that massive dirt building". I and many suggest either taxing towns for not having a complete town within a 2-3 weeks or even month period. Another suggestion was having the "Blight" which I think is a golden idea where we have the town either swarmed with mobs or maybe even have just spiders always spawning and crawling around. If there's another type of way to show the "blight" please go ahead and suggest. Overall, town appearances make a huge impact on the server as I know most pvpers such as I love to have complex towns and buildings all over to fight on as it makes the fight 10x more interesting and seeing well made buildings also puts a smile on multiple peoples faces such as my own.

Admin Events Pve/PvP/Other/World Bosses

Admin events haven't gotten stale, but there isn't much variety other then going to the event room and spawning a bunch of mobs that either die in a second or take an hour to kill due to server lagging. This isn't a bad thing and I thank @Kenneth_Chow for doing all these events, but as I can recall many of the fun admin events included the admin joining in on the action and turning himself into an unstoppable force unless met with a ton of players which was super great. Other events such as Danda's Treasure hunt is amazing because not only does it give the pvpers a chance to go explore, but it also gets everyone that sits in their town moving. Bringing back the Zo, Treasure Hunt, and a new idea Randomly generated Capture Points would be great. Rewards for the Treasure Hunt and the Randomly generated Capture points should just be random epic piece(s) as we don't want the economy going into an even more downward trend then it already has. World Bosses is just a slight addon to this post as I think it does have to do with admins spawning a random boss in the wilderness that shouldn't be possible for one player, but definitely for 5-10 as I know pvp will defintely be happening around these guys.

Rangers Track and Ninjas Deathmark

Pretty simple I think that both Ranger and Ninja should either be able to track combat classes above 20 or make it 30 but the profession also counts so for example. Lvl 15 Runeblade Lv 50 Enchanter (Trackable). Example 2: Lvl 25 Runeblade Lvl 23 Engineer (Non-Trackable). The net for safety right now is honestly a little too high as usually players will not even touch their combat class and just straight level their profession or they will change into a combat class that is low and level their profession. Now while I think new players should be able to do their own thing for awhile I think the older players are abusing this a bit. Another suggestion is to make it so that when you master a combat class you can always be tracked (Honestly if you master a combat class you should have an idea about the server by then and its all fair game).

Weekly or Daily Conquest Points.

Conquest point opens in a predetermined location and players are given a 2 min warning notice before letting them know its open. Players can also plan ahead for this as it will usually be on either a 24 hour timer 2 day timer or even a week. This Conquest points would bring organized group pvp which is what a lot of the players even myself as a solo-pvper are looking for. This conquest points would be a KOTH basically and would reset everytime you stepped off. Reset as in the bar of the capture point would immediately go back to 0 and you would have to start over. This KOTH would probably be on a 5min timer which isn't long at all and even if you step off you have more then enough time to sit for 5 mins. Rewards should also give you frostworn gear as I think this is obviously a PvP event at the highest calibar and a frostworn set seems like pvp gear. Maybe 1 piece for 24hours weekly 3 pieces (random).

Overall I think the post is pretty clean and well thought out as I did put some time into as I went back and took many of your suggestions. Of course this is a suggestion thread so if you have anything else to add go ahead but please Tag what suggestion it is going towards.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy herocraft as much as I do. =]

Last edited:

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with everything here. Didn't we have a capture point system in the past. I vaguely remember something around Bastion or Haven...

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
>Town Appearances/Overall Server Appearance
I agree, but I also agree you shouldn't be allowed to build dirt towers to raid, so this is a touchy subject.
Maybe a reform is in matter, rewrite all of the rules on town buildings.

>Admin Events Pve/PvP/Other/World Bosses
I completely agree, they're getting kind of stale, maybe even bring back the deathmatch events where it costs 10c to join, and people fight each other for the pot.

>Rangers Track and Ninjas Deathmark
Honestly, I agree completely. No downsides to this. Great suggestion.

>Weekly or Daily Conquest Points
I have no say in this, but I am going to disagree, maybe have skilling competitions instead, HC has enough combat contests as it does, and I believe there should be some type of skilling competition somehow.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
>Town Appearances/Overall Server Appearance
I agree, but I also agree you shouldn't be allowed to build dirt towers to raid, so this is a touchy subject.
Maybe a reform is in matter, rewrite all of the rules on town buildings.

>Admin Events Pve/PvP/Other/World Bosses
I completely agree, they're getting kind of stale, maybe even bring back the deathmatch events where it costs 10c to join, and people fight each other for the pot.

>Rangers Track and Ninjas Deathmark
Honestly, I agree completely. No downsides to this. Great suggestion.

>Weekly or Daily Conquest Points
I have no say in this, but I am going to disagree, maybe have skilling competitions instead, HC has enough combat contests as it does, and I believe there should be some type of skilling competition somehow.

I dont know what combat contests we have but thanks for the suggestions. I do like the idea of skilling competitions but idk how I would go about making it

Last edited:

klop552

TNT
I agree with everything other than the KOTH style capture points. The only problem that I have with that is that it would give monks an unfair advantage as they could easily push you off. Aside from that I think that all of the suggestions listed were well thought out and would definitely benefit the server and players greatly.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with everything other than the KOTH style capture points. The only problem that I have with that is that it would give monks an unfair advantage as they could easily push you off. Aside from that I think that all of the suggestions listed were well thought out and would definitely benefit the server and players greatly.

other classes such as dragoon have the ability to push u off also like I said 5 minutes isnt a big amount of time to be standing on a point. So even if u do get pushed off it wont take long.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
other classes such as dragoon have the ability to push u off also like I said 5 minutes isnt a big amount of time to be standing on a point. So even if u do get pushed off it wont take long.
it is a long time under the current system where if you get knocked off the capture point it completely resets your timer and you have to completely uncapture it again in order to start your 5 min timer again.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
it is a long time under the current system where if you get knocked off the capture point it completely resets your timer and you have to completely uncapture it again in order to start your 5 min timer again.

A solo player shouldn't be able to take the point so if you have a team you should easily be able to fend off players for 5 minutes or have more then one person stay on the point. Also If this was to be implemented the new capture system would be reworked and needs reworking. Having to recap what you just capped shouldn't be a thing in the first place.