• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions 'R Us

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
A few lovely ideas that I believe may help or add intensity/pose more of a challenge within the game:

• More/less Class Specialties/Privileges: This would make it slightly more difficult to obtain materials, that way you can't just farm them. Maybe do it so that way only farmers can harvest certain trees, and put other classes in high demand that way there's not just 50 alchemists and 2 farmers (just an example). Maybe make each class a little more unique and take away some privileges from other crafter classes to better correspond with their specialty.
  • A job system: This would work with the changes in the class specialties and privileges. Perhaps a town needs more wood from some spruce trees but don't have any farmers available. These towns could then "employ" these farmers for a short period of time to harvest them some wood. This would also boost the worth of certain kinds of wood (again, using this as an example).
  • Special Areas: Create certain areas accessible to only certain classes or mastered classes? They don't have to be lounges, they could be special PVP areas. Maybe even do something like a Mob Arena, but instead of Mobs it's 2 players fighting. There would, of course, be a cool down/restricted timer so that people couldn't spam it and a way to take money out of the economy (so 2 players pay 40c to play and winner gets 75c?)
  • Quests: Quest systems that goes along with the lore? Each completion of a major quest grants anything from diamond to gold to coin to special titles and some could require people to team up in order to complete the quests.
Just a few ideas to add a bit more of a challenge.

Thoughts? :oops:

@Kainzo @Brutalacerate

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're definitely wanting to move this direction, there are issues with the thought process about wood, in my opinion... what about newbies needing to make gear?

Quests is definitely going to be a reality - it's one of the top things we want, that and NPC/Special items!

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think these are great ideas, but I don't think restricting wood would be the best bway to go just because it's such a simple item. Maybe stuff like reeds or even wheat could be restricted instead. Anyways, I really like the special area and quests idea.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, they were only supposed to be examples but not really taken that literally as far as the objects go. I only wanted to effectively portray the idea. Thank you though :)

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
The professions are already restricted enough. The rest that are left are too general to be restricted to a certain class/profession.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, they were only supposed to be examples but not really taken that literally as far as the objects go. I only wanted to effectively portray the idea. Thank you though :)

Yeah I realized that, I just didn't think that was the best example though. :p