• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions for crafter class; Miner.

Charamas

Dirt
There are a few things I have been thinking about with the miner class, from the Wiki currently it is very not attractive to pick.

Currently, the Wiki states that miner only abilities are to "being more efficient while doing so.", but not how much in % they would do this.

My suggestion are as following:

* State how much more effective miners are while mining, for example, their pickaxe lasts 50% longer, or they mine 50% faster. (To allow people to pick the class based on facts.)

*Excavate would be better as a passive skill, as you become a miner to actually only mine, sacraficing all the fun all other professions gives you.

* Allow the TNT placed by miners to destroy blocks. They are the one crafter class that actually has use for it in their mines, so not being able to use it kinda kills off their level 60 skill. Very un-attractive.

* The 0.01% droprate on the skill "mining" for diamond to low to be tempting. Even if it was 0.1% it would still mean a miner needs to mine 100 blocks to get 1% chance of the drop.

*As the miner has a skill to see in darkness, the sight skill should be complimented with "Blast protection" to be able to mine in dark caves and avoid getting blown to bits and pieces by a the first best creeper that spawns. Else it is a very lousy skill. Even if cool.

*New skill: Lava protection. Temporary allow the miner to become immune to the effect of lava that falls down upon him while mining.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
* State how much more effective miners are while mining, for example, their pickaxe lasts 50% longer, or they mine 50% faster. (To allow people to pick the class based on facts.)

They aren't a % better than anyone else, they just have skills that benefit mining
*Excavate would be better as a passive skill, as you become a miner to actually only mine, sacraficing all the fun all other professions gives you.

Meh, no real argument against it, I just don't see why it really SHOULD be a passive. Efficiency picks and beacons are a thing.

* Allow the TNT placed by miners to destroy blocks. They are the one crafter class that actually has use for it in their mines, so not being able to use it kinda kills off their level 60 skill. Very un-attractive.

The attraction to this is raiding towns, which is legal on both PvP and PvE as far as I know (The PvE part might've changed)

* The 0.01% droprate on the skill "mining" for diamond to low to be tempting. Even if it was 0.1% it would still mean a miner needs to mine 100 blocks to get 1% chance of the drop.

Diamonds flood the market after a while, increasing their chance is pointless, as its only there for them to maybe get a little something extra

*As the miner has a skill to see in darkness, the sight skill should be complimented with "Blast protection" to be able to mine in dark caves and avoid getting blown to bits and pieces by a the first best creeper that spawns. Else it is a very lousy skill. Even if cool.

No because:
A: Explosive damage skills could be blocked by using this, as Kainzo doesn't want Profession skills messing with PvP
B: Creepers are another danger of mining

*New skill: Lava protection. Temporary allow the miner to become immune to the effect of lava that falls down upon him while mining.

Again, no because it could be used to block other fire damage from skills, also: Fire Resist potion, they are really cheap.

MajDeath

Portal
You're missing the first part of that skill where you can get double drops from ores, which when mastered is a 9% chance.

Charamas

Dirt
T
The attraction to this is raiding towns, which is legal on both PvP and PvE as far as I know (The PvE part might've changed)

This should not be enough reason to prevent a Crafterclass from using it's abilities.
Without detonation TNT is useless, thus making a level 60 skill useless for anything else then PvP, where I find it odd to claim the "miner" should be a PvP class when crafter is something you do outside of fighting people.
Meanwhile Engineers can use it. So to make it makes little sense.

Rules against using TNT to raid towns could be implemented, or the level 60 skill should be replaced by something useful instead that benefits the miner. Not some half-ass skill that can't be used for the profession itself. As the profession should be the main focus for the crafterclass.
A person who leveled up a crafter to level 60 would not willingly lose their account on the basis of raiding a town for fun.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This should not be enough reason to prevent a Crafterclass from using it's abilities.
Without detonation TNT is useless, thus making a level 60 skill useless for anything else then PvP, where I find it odd to claim the "miner" should be a PvP class when crafter is something you do outside of fighting people.
Meanwhile Engineers can use it. So to make it makes little sense.

Rules against using TNT to raid towns could be implemented, or the level 60 skill should be replaced by something useful instead that benefits the miner. Not some half-ass skill that can't be used for the profession itself. As the profession should be the main focus for the crafterclass.
A person who leveled up a crafter to level 60 would not willingly lose their account on the basis of raiding a town for fun.
Using it to raid is 100% legal on PvP, and I'm pretty sure it's legal on PvE as looting is allowed there too. Destroying blocks really shouldn't be a thing. We also don't need people blowing up the landscape for shits and giggles.

Give me a good reason why TNT should break blocks?
A player should really not be soloing (I say this as a solo player >_>), if they don't want a group fine, but they should not expect every aspect of their classes to be 100% useful to them at all times. TNT could be useful to a solo player, all they have to do is sneak up to a town, blow a hole in it, raid it, leave. BAM! Useful.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Tbh just get a good pick and get to it, Miner is a great profession. One of the best. Besides, tnt has received a huge buff recently.

Think of it this way, raiding a regioned building could net you far more than mining with tnt ever could.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5

That's not how percentage works. You could break 1000 blocks of cobblestone and still only have a 0.01% chance of getting diamonds, meaning the 1st and 60th blocks will both have the same chance of dropping diamonds.

I've also gotten diamonds quite a few times from this, sometimes around 3 in one trip.

Miner is in a good spot right now as the second most played profession class, so I think can stay as it is.

Charamas

Dirt
Using it to raid is 100% legal on PvP, and I'm pretty sure it's legal on PvE as looting is allowed there too. Destroying blocks really shouldn't be a thing. We also don't need people blowing up the landscape for shits and giggles.

Give me a good reason why TNT should break blocks?
A player should really not be soloing (I say this as a solo player >_>), if they don't want a group fine, but they should not expect every aspect of their classes to be 100% useful to them at all times. TNT could be useful to a solo player, all they have to do is sneak up to a town, blow a hole in it, raid it, leave. BAM! Useful.

You can always make something that is legal, illegal, if necessary.
As it seems to TNT would be used for PVP, but for me, who plays minecraft out of a PvE point of view, and as a soloplayer, the TNT would be really useful for excavate large tunnels. And a fun way. to that.

Shits and giggles gets banned afaik, as it is "needlessly destroying landscape" and is a offense.

I'm fine with the not 100% usefull all the time, but why not replace the level 60 skill of the miner with something REALLY good for the proffession itself instead then? Like a skill, that can be used.

RagingDragon5

Portal
You can always make something that is legal, illegal, if necessary.
As it seems to TNT would be used for PVP, but for me, who plays minecraft out of a PvE point of view, and as a soloplayer, the TNT would be really useful for excavate large tunnels. And a fun way. to that.

Shits and giggles gets banned afaik, as it is "needlessly destroying landscape" and is a offense.

I'm fine with the not 100% usefull all the time, but why not replace the level 60 skill of the miner with something REALLY good for the proffession itself instead then? Like a skill, that can be used.

TNT destroys blocks, but the blocks will regenerate over time. TNT use was barely just added, they aren't going to just remove it like that. Also the TNT skills is useful for raiding towns, and Raiding does not mean PVP. IF there wasn't a use for TNT anyways, it wouldn't really have that much of an affect. There are plenty of professions skills that are useless. Miner is one of the best professions out there. I'm not saying it doesn't need changes, but it shouldn't be a high priority right now.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Miner is a very useful class to begin with. It was the best money maker in Bastion (old map) and makes mining less painful to this day. Professions are not meant to affect PvP in any way, people simply find ways to do so. If miner didn't have TnT another profession would and as a high lvl skill too. People who only want tnt would stop after reaching it level wise.

As far as I know TnT cannot be used in PvE.

@Danda 3x3 mining skill please =)