• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion, Tree Mod?

lammiboy

Stone
Well I know a mod that makes it so when you take out the bottom log of the tree the whole tree falls. I think this mod would be a great addition to the server as it would stop people from adding to the very small proportion of ugliness to the server. Also it would stop people from gaining too much exp from tree farming and foresting.

dmil23

Obsidian
That would make herocraft too much fun. Plus its fun killing people when they are busy trying to destroy every log.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well I know a mod that makes it so when you take out the bottom log of the tree the whole tree falls. I think this mod would be a great addition to the server as it would stop people from adding to the very small proportion of ugliness to the server. Also it would stop people from gaining too much exp from tree farming and foresting.
We're thinking about adding this in for crafters only - we want to see the laggy repercussions.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
If it was crafter only that would be cool. I'm all for adding things to crafters :D

As a general addition though it would make the value of wood non-existant. It would have to have a mana cost or you could chop down an entire forest in seconds gatehring stacks and stacks of wood. Plant a tree farm, come back later and get it all down and replaced in no time.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
If it was crafter only that would be cool. I'm all for adding things to crafters :D

As a general addition though it would make the value of wood non-existant. It would have to have a mana cost or you could chop down an entire forest in seconds gatehring stacks and stacks of wood. Plant a tree farm, come back later and get it all down and replaced in no time.

I can do this already, the main problem is that people are lazy and dont wanna cut the tops, which gets really annoying and ugly after a while.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I've used this on an another server, and it lags the server horribly much.

Killing giant tree's may crash the server, and anyway.
If you destroy 1 block from a player made tree(A huge one) the whole thing colapses, and possibly crashes the server.

tips48

Gold
Yea, If you do it, its a huge security risk.
* Player stacks up tons of wood
* Player destroys bottom blow
* ???
* ...profit

lammiboy

Stone
Yea, If you do it, its a huge security risk.
* Player stacks up tons of wood
* Player destroys bottom blow
* ???
* ...profit
Profit as in exp or money, The money is out of the question as you still have the same amount of wood.
For the exp, all you would do is make is so that destroying 1 block is say 6exp. Then for all the blocks that fall are not accounted for.

Or you could just make is so the exp for logs is lower.

tips48

Gold
Profit as in exp or money, The money is out of the question as you still have the same amount of wood.
For the exp, all you would do is make is so that destroying 1 block is say 6exp. Then for all the blocks that fall are not accounted for.

Or you could just make is so the exp for logs is lower.
...profit = server crashes