• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Suggestion] Remove Lighter Requirement

Forim

Stone
This is not a complaint, but something I noticed.

I was advised on a previous thread to acquire a flint and steel to fight back the other players that use fire to kill players below level 10. However, a player cannot fight back with the same tactic until they are a level 10 craftsman.

My suggestion is to remove that requirement so that new players are not completely defenseless against the blighters that can use them.

Turbo4000

Legacy Supporter 3
The whole point of adding Lighter was to stop people from abusing their immunity and flint&steeling people of higher level that perhaps don't have one with them.
Be glad you even get the 10 level immunity. Don't complain either - Flint&steel is much easier to avoid than a Dragoon's shovel, for example.

Edit: Also, suggestions forum.

Forim

Stone
Notice the first line of my post. I'm not complaining. Just pointing something out. While low levels cannot burn high levels, high levels (or at least level 10s) can burn low levels. I just don't think it's right that low levels can be burned and are unable to fight back. You don't really win either way.

About suggestion forum: Can a forum admin move this there?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
To be honest, you've already lost to a high level, they have more hp than you so in a straight "burning contest" - you won't win.

Granted it may balance the playing field.. but still, people under level 10 aren't under level 10 for very long and it gives them a little protection against the bullies.

Forim

Stone
You clearly are understanding me backwards. You say it gives them protection against bullies? This is the opposite. They have no protection against fire, only PvP, which is not what my post was about. I don't necessarily want immunity to fire for low levels, but the ability for them to fight back would be just a little more fair.

Sweord

Glowstone
Do you know what happened last map? Low-leveled players would be hunted and killed by the high-level or mastered players. Be glad all you have to deal with is a little fire. What to know how to counter flint and steel? Have a water bucket handy.

Forim

Stone
I do know what happened last map. I played on it. Again, you are not listening to what I'm saying. Even if a low level has water, he cannot fight back, and the attacker can continue pursuit until his target dies or quits out of frustration.

I am -NOT- talking about standard PvP AT ALL. Stop putting words in my mouth by pointing out that high levels would attack low levels. They already can with fire and the lowbies cannot fight back. Too many people on this forum read topics partially, jump to conclusions, and post irrelevant responses. I'm not complaining about the issue concerning fire, just suggesting a more fair approach. I'm not talking about regular PvP at all. I am, now, complaining that people don't think about the words they're reading (or not reading) and post things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Could a forum admin close this thread, please? This thread was not intended to become a discussion about traditional PvP or how to put out fires.

Sweord

Glowstone
Oh, trust me, I read all of what you wrote. But you have to understand that if people that cannot be PvPed can run about willy-nilly with flint and steal and just be a pain in the ass, it is just as bad as higher leveled players killing the under-10s in the same way. I know it may seem a little unfair for the low-leveled players to have to deal with such shit, but they tried having everyone be able to use the item and it just doesn't work.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I do know what happened last map. I played on it. Again, you are not listening to what I'm saying. Even if a low level has water, he cannot fight back, and the attacker can continue pursuit until his target dies or quits out of frustration.

I am -NOT- talking about standard PvP AT ALL. Stop putting words in my mouth by pointing out that high levels would attack low levels. They already can with fire and the lowbies cannot fight back. Too many people on this forum read topics partially, jump to conclusions, and post irrelevant responses. I'm not complaining about the issue concerning fire, just suggesting a more fair approach. I'm not talking about regular PvP at all. I am, now, complaining that people don't think about the words they're reading (or not reading) and post things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Could a forum admin close this thread, please? This thread was not intended to become a discussion about traditional PvP or how to put out fires.
you should not even try to fight back, you would have no chance

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand your frustration, under level ten when you see someone coming at you with flint, you have to run. However, you shouldn't be under level ten for more than an hour MAX. It is very easy punch a tree, mine some iron, and be well on your way to finding good crafting xp on the outer edges of the map.

This point is moot, since it took more time to talk about this than it does to reach level ten.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The lighter requirement is needed. Too easily abused by lower level players. If you're frustrated that a high level player is burning you, use a water bucket or just be glad that they're not viciously murdering you.