• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Suggestion] Reduce price of trade district rent (please) :)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo @Xanipher

Based on the size/price of the trade plots on Haven, I would estimate that the rental price for Central's trade district has doubled. Last map, I had a three-story building for 250 souls/week (1000s/month); this map, a plot smaller than the one I had on Haven costs 400 souls/week. I am unsure of the reason for this, but I do know that having a rental price so high will discourage trade, especially when it costs the same price as having a town.

If you would, please reduce rents by about 40%. Thank you!

Also, I am only able to rent one trade store, though I noticed that multiples of the very few huts were owned by the same person. Could you please increase the number of large trade stores per person to at least two, and please list the current limits when it comes to number of small/large plots a person can rent in the trade district?

Thank you,

-yav

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
@Kainzo @Xanipher

Based on the size/price of the trade plots on Haven, I would estimate that the rental price for Central's trade district has doubled. Last map, I had a three-story building for 250 souls/week (1000s/month); this map, a plot smaller than the one I had on Haven costs 400 souls/week. I am unsure of the reason for this, but I do know that having a rental price so high will discourage trade, especially when it costs the same price as having a town.

Also, I am only able to rent one trade store, though I noticed that multiples of the very few huts were owned by the same person. Could you please increase the number of large trade stores per person to at least two, and please list the current limits when it comes to number of small/large plots a person can rent in the trade district?

Thank you,

-yav

Agreed... scared the fuck outa me when I saw the prices.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
The price should be higher the closer to the exchange or road the shop/stall is. This is typical of any property market, better real estate = more expensive. So in this case, closer to the route that every player takes (and therefore more easily accessible therefore better) should cost more cash to rent out.
Granted these shops are smaller but look at a beach house. Expensive as hell but smaller than your country home. Do people still buy them? Yea because it's prime real estate

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo @Xanipher

Thank you,

-yav

The money in the economy this map will be far greater than last map. Likewise, taxes for those shops close to the exchange or in the major thoroughfares should be made to pay top dollar. Everyone wants to corner the market and grab all the shops, but to do that should be extremely costly. No one entity should be able to do what you did last map that easily.

Agreed... scared the fuck outa me when I saw the prices.

You can easily get 400s in one hour of mining, I don't know why thats so scary...

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
The money in the economy this map will be far greater than last map. Likewise, taxes for those shops close to the exchange or in the major thoroughfares should be made to pay top dollar. Everyone wants to corner the market and grab all the shops, but to do that should be extremely costly. No one entity should be able to do what you did last map that easily.

You can easily get 400s in one hour of mining, I don't know why thats so scary...

They nerfed mining, you barely get any souls anymore now.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9

Not sure what you mean by "be able to do what you did last map," given the fact that there were eight huts in that area and the other huts in that area traded hands at least a half dozen times in six months, as did the other shops around the Exchange and near Spawn. There were plenty of shops available for everyone who wanted to endeavor in trading. Most people save a few merchants simply petered out.

My argument revolves around providing a vibrant and robust economy. The lower the overhead cost (rent) the more people will give opening up their own shop a try. Not everyone is focused on PVP; not everyone is focused on architecture; not everyone is on every single day; not everyone is part of a large and highly affluent town. The Trade District should be available to *all* players, be they hardcore HC gamers or the casual gamer. To some, playing the economy can be just as fun as doing a season of PVP.

With regard to the varying costs relative to location, I agree with this...however, what location are we speaking of? Closest to the boats? Closest to the Exchange? Closest to a particular area of the map? Location is subjective in some way.

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
They nerfed mining, you barely get any souls anymore now.
False. Don't spread misinformation, we slightly adjusted dorprate on GreaterOre only.

I think a reduction of 25% is a good idea, please note that shops are suppose to be more expensive near the exchange. We want these places to be used to trade/buy and players to meet up for an immersive experience.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Did you stop mining when you heard that? Because its not true that you "barely get any souls"

I know that I went mining this morning and after 39 iron, 2 stacks of coal, 2.5~ stack of redstone I had no souls.

So thought the nerf was more severe than it apparently is, confirmation bias at play I suppose.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
False. Don't spread misinformation, we slightly adjusted dorprate on GreaterOre only.

May want to recheck those drop rates on lesser and minor ores Kainzo. I leveled 0-20 crafter solely on coal/iron/red stone found on the walls in caves and ravines and only accumulated around 180 souls from this. That's a ton of minerals and very few souls to show for it. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I don't think I'm the only one who has experienced this.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
May want to recheck those drop rateson lesser and minor ores Kainzo. I leveled 0-20 crafter solely on coal/iron/red stone found on the walls in caves and ravines and only accumulated around 180 souls from this. That's a ton of minerals and very few souls to show for it. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I don't think I'm the only one who has experienced this.

you aren't the only one, lesser ores definitely have lowered drops. Or we both are unlucky, maybe.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Yavool, many of the changes to trade were made to prevent people like you from monopolizing the TD. I would expect these regulations to remain in place. Likewise the rents.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
The soul system is completely RNG. I've had runs where I gain a few levels and no souls and sometimes I am mining coal at the surface and I get a few large fragments. Sometimes you get a relic V, large soul fragment and loot crate. Sometimes you get a silverfish and a "thanks for trying" card

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Just gotta try harder when you mine :p

nX9p3aH.png

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
The souls must really be in love with me, because I get souls all the time no problem... I often get large fragments from diamonds, and I've even gotten 2 large fragments (on 1 diamond) 3 times in a row...
Just gotta try harder when you mine :p

nX9p3aH.png
...why are the textures upside down?
EDIT: NVM, random textures, right?

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
The souls must really be in love with me, because I get souls all the time no problem... I often get large fragments from diamonds, and I've even gotten 2 large fragments (on 1 diamond) 3 times in a row...

...why are the textures upside down?
EDIT: NVM, random textures, right?

haha yea