• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Suggestion] Mayor block check

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
I alone put in 2-3 pe's a day on griefing in town. Would it be possible to give mayors the ability to check blocks but restrict it to their regions? Every time I PE it I don't get any response to them and the PE is closed 2-3 days later while I am offline.

It would cut down on the PE workload a lot.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am not trying to make it sound like you guys aren't doing anything by not getting to it right away. I understand there are hundreds of issues that are for more important then broken blocks and I APPRECIATE the work you do.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
This would be great to find out who steals from who within a town too :D

Would it be possible to check a block for having been broken by a citizen or non-citizen? Because the staff doesn't want anyone to be able to figure out who's been griefing and then harass the griefer...

ForTehZZZ

Coal
How would it cut down a lot of Pe workload? The only griefs which should be going through there anyway are the massive griefs, not the replacement of like two blocks - Thats what Apherdite said to me. So in any case where this does get installed, the number of petitions that would come through would be the same because surely all those petitions that you have made are about large cases of greifing, right?

In addition, the only people that can break blocks in townships rings (Like you said, the only area where you could use this ability) are the citizens of the towns. If any citizen does grief, it would have been your responsibility to make sure they don't right? I mean townships usually ban people whom don't follow town rules.

Im just asking.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible to check a block for having been broken by a citizen or non-citizen? Because the staff doesn't want anyone to be able to figure out who's been griefing and then harass the griefer...

Yeah it would be possible, the Mayor would only be told though. Thefts by citizens wouldn't be rolled back but block breaking would (read this in another thread, quoting Brutal).

How would it cut down a lot of Pe workload? The only griefs which should be going through there anyway are the massive griefs, not the replacement of like two blocks - Thats what Apherdite said to me. So in any case where this does get installed, the number of petitions that would come through would be the same because surely all those petitions that you have made are about large cases of greifing, right?

In addition, the only people that can break blocks in townships rings (Like you said, the only area where you could use this ability) are the citizens of the towns. If any citizen does grief, it would have been your responsibility to make sure they don't right? I mean townships usually ban people whom don't follow town rules

Im just asking.

Yeah so in this case giving Mayors the ability to block check would speed up the process of checking who broke blocks rather than the citizen escaping without a word or even saying nothing etc.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
That is a fair point. However any slight block breaking does not need an investigation. Greifing comes under a mindless destruction, like destroying some guys house untill only a few blocks remain. Any griefing like that can be easily noticed by townships and only those should be reported. If not noticed at the time, then in that case you should petition it and ask for assistance from Mods/Admins to then find out who did it. For minor block moving there is no need to have the ability to find out who did it, like I said, it is a minor case. Not really griefing. Most minor cases do not have a large impact on a town.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Regions and /logblock don't just mesh together. Giving /lb to mayors can't be restricted to their regions. And Kainzo doesn't just hand out that kind of power.

And I know it's frustrating to wait for your petitions to be answered sometimes, but I want you to remember: Mods and Admins don't mind doing mundane petitions. If we didn't like it, we'd quit! Speaking personally, petitions are a big part of the game for me, now. It's like a quest list. I go out and help people every day, and that's Minecraft. Having said that, I do appreciate it when the petitions say things like "griefing at this location, smoothstone missing from wall, replaced with dirt", and not "goddamn it another griefer what the fuck is wrong with these people?!" I like to pretend we're civil sometimes ;)

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I understand where you're coming from Dore, and you're right I didn't think about the fact that Mayors aren't supposed to know who outside of their town roster is responsible for actions and that there would be no way to restrict that.

I appreciate you guys taking a look at this and giving me a better perspective.