• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion for the Wiki regarding Engineer

klop552

TNT
I suggest that it be stated on the page (marked with an asterisk maybe) which ics dont currently work cheers
-klop552

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
if you or someone else would supply me with a list of non-workings ics, I would be happy to include it.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm of the opinion that everything that currently doesn't work needs to be listed. If only I knew those things, heh.

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
I do not know if we have an ingame-engineer on the wiki team. or any other profession that has similar problems.

Again: calling out to the community: please compile this information for me, and it will be fed to the wiki. Thanks!

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
There's a list of ICs that DO work and I think it can be assumed that anything not listed doesn't work. The page is currently under construction though and I'm not sure how complete the list is. We would need an engineer to check ICs.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
So... I like playing around with the ICs. I tested them all, except for the one available at level 60, and here is what i found:

All of the ICs work, with the following exceptions:

Counter MC1420 Broken? Sign can be created, but will not toggle output.

Clock MC0420 Error message -- Unknown IC detected: mc0420

2InputXNOR MC3021 Broken. Supposed to output a high if and only if the two inputs are the same. (You use 2 of the 3 possible input pins.) Currently behaves like an AND circuit, however, and will not produce high output when all inputs are low.

InvRSNOR MC3031 Broken. Inconsistent. Side pins will toggle high. Center pin will switch output to low when input is high, but the output state will revert to high when center pin input is toggled to low. It may be that the pins are not correctly identified on the Craftbook wiki.

RSNAND MC3033 Broken -- seems to just act like a RSNOR latch.

DownCounter MC3101 Broken. Error message -- You don't have permission to use mc3101

Counter2 MC3102 Broken. Error message -- You do not have permission to use mc3202

LightSensor MC1262 Sort of Works. Will detect light differences, but the triggering thresholds seem off, and only seem to be triggerable up to a light level of 7.

PlayerDetector MC1272 Works. Not all configuration options work, though.

EntityDetector MC1271 Broken. Error message -- You don't have permission to use mc1271

LightSensorSelfT MC0262 Sort of Works. Will detect light differences, but the triggering thresholds seem off, and only seem to be triggerable up to a light level of 7.

EntityDetectorSelfT MC0271 Broken. Error message -- Unknown IC detected: mc0271

PlayerDetectorSelfT MC0272 Works. Not all configuration options work, though. Also, it seems that one can create it before reaching level 59 of Engineer.

Perlstone MC5000 Unknown -- I was not able to test this one yet.

Accordingly, at least 13 ICs are broken or not completely configurable. Three (maybe four) of these can be fixed by adding the permissions to the appropriate level of Engineer. Others are messed up at the Craftbook level: If I had to guess, I would say that something in the internal Perlstone-like scripting for those ICs has typos, or those ICs became incompatible after the last update.

It would be nice to get these fixed, but most of them have work-arounds or alternatives able to be made with traditional redstone engineering. The absence of a working entity detector IC, however, makes for much dark, sad, and lack of potato.

I have sort of figured out how to correctly use the variables on most of these ICs, although a few still boggle me. For example, the player detector ICs are supposed to be able to detect groups in addition to individual players, but I have not been able to figure out what group names from HC are hooking into the Craftbook system, if any.

Hope this helps a bit!

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
passing the tag on to @Kainzo - are these ICs going to be fixed anytime soon or should we state them as currently broken in the wiki?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
The permissions errors should be able to be fixed by Kainzo, et al, but to be fair, I would guess that this is a secondary priority to the other changes and updates they are trying to implement. No worries. It'll get done.

The actual IC errors are more problematic. Those would likely rely on the Craftbook team making fixes -- and who knows what is going on there. The Craftbook wiki is outdated in some parts, and flat out wrong in others. Again, no worries. I find it hard to complain about this not working perfectly when someone else is producing this as a volunteer, at no cost to me!

Perhaps, however, we could substitute in replacement ICs for the ones that are really broken?

@Kainzo I have suggestions about this. More later!