• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion for Pigriding

Joka10

Soulsand
So, 1.4 introduces a lot of new changes to riding pigs; primarily the ability to control them, but also the ability to move very quickly with them. It seems like something that a lot could be done with using the Herocraft plugins, so I had some ideas

Overall, I think each class should get some pig-related abilities. I will list my ideas below.

Everyone: The pig will be treated as a member of the rider's party. The rider will not be able to damage it. Anyone else in the party will also not be able to damage it. However, the only buffs the pig will recieve are those given by the rider, and those are limited as well.

Rogue
  • All Rogue classes get the ability to sneak while riding on a pig. They will appear crouching so their nametag is hidden, and the pig will not make sounds.
  • Ninja: The pig will Fade and Smoke with the Ninja, and will also be able to share the Ninja's Tumble ability, so falls that would not hurt the Ninja will not hurt it. Using Backflip will cause the pig to move in a similar way. Extra damage is given to the sword while riding a pig.
  • Ranger: The pig will be able to Camoflauge with the Ranger, and a Ranger riding on a pig will get slightly increased arrow damage and greatly increased arrow speed. Forage will have a greater chance of finding mushrooms when used while riding on a pig. Extra damage is given to the axe while riding on the pig
  • Bard: The pig will be affected by the Bard's buffs. Heals will be given as normally to other members of the party, but will be split for the Bard and the pig (i.e. when the Bard uses Chakra or some healing thing (not sure what they have now), the Bard will only get half the health he or she normally would; the rest will go to the pig). Extra damage is given to the Bard's tools (minus bow) while riding on the pig.
  • Runeblade: When One is used, the pig will move faster than the Runeblade normally would while using One. The speed will also be affected by what level of speed the pig is on when the skill is used. Flameshield will also affect the pig as it would the user. Extra damage is given to the sword while riding on a pig.
Warrior
  • All Warrior classes automatically get slightly increased health on the pig.
  • Dragoon: Tumble will affect the pig like it would the Dragoon. Jump will cause the pig to jump like the Dragoon would. Superjump, however, will cause the Dragoon to dismount the pig. Extra damage is given to the spade while riding on a pig.
  • Paladin: The pig will be affected by the Paladin's armor in the same way the Paladin is. The Paladin's healing skills will be split between the Paladin and the pig. A Paladin's pig also has greatly increased health. Extra damage is given to the sword while riding on a pig.
  • Samurai: One will affect the pig like it would in Runeblade's One. When within two blocks of pigs being ridden by people outside the party, the Samurai can demand the pig to bite the other pig for some damage. Extra damage is given to the sword while riding on a pig.
  • Dreadknight: The pig will have moderately increased health (not as much as Paladin's) and be affected by the Dreadknight's armor in the same way the Dreadknight is. Health gained by SoulLeech will be split between the Dreadknight and the pig. The pig will also be affected by BecomeDeath. Extra damage is granted to the axe while riding on a pig.
Now for the Caster and Healer classes... I have never played either of these before, so I don't actually know what would work. I'm just inferring. Most of the abilities I am giving them divide heals between the user and the pig and let the pig travel with the user. They don't get extra damage or anything. Pretty much all the pig does for caster and healer is let them move faster, and, depending on class, the pig might be affected by buffs.

Caster
  • All Casters in general are not really as pig-savvy as Warrior and Rogue. They don't get anything by default.
  • Wizard: Pigs can Blink with Wizard, and will Port with the Wizard. Any members who are in the Wizard's party and are GroupTeleported to him will keep their pigs.
  • Necromancer: Health gained by Drainsoul will be split between the Necromancer and the pig. BecomeDeath will affect the pig as it would the Necromancer. DarkRitual will take 50 health from the pig and 50 from the rider to convert into mana. The Necromancer and the people in his or her party will keep their pigs when being affected by Hellgate.
  • Pyromancer: The pig is affected by Flameshield, and people who hit the pig have a chance to be affected by FireArmor (if the Pyromancer is wearing any armor).
  • Beguiler: Pigs will QuantumLeap with the Beguiler, and will gain the effects of the Beguiler's buffs. When Piggify or Mass-Piggify are used on targets already riding pigs, they will be forced off of their pigs, and forced to remain off for a few seconds.
Healer
  • Healers again aren't as savvy at riding pigs as Warrior and Rogue. By default, they can heal their pigs with Bandage (will split between Healer and pig) and cure them with Antidote.
  • Cleric: Pray will split between the Cleric and the pig as for the health it gives. Invuln will make the pig invulnerable as it would players. Chant will split between the Cleric and the pig as for the health it gives. Dispel will affect the pig as it would a player. If the Cleric's pig is killed, they can type /skill revive pig# (or some other symbol to denote that it isn't a player) to revive it. GroupHeal will split between the Cleric and the pig, though other party members will be affected normally. GuardianAngel will affect the pig like it would players, and FullHeal will heal the Cleric and the pig.
  • Mystic: Camoflauge will disguise the pig, and all heals will split between the user and the pig as with the trend. Mystic can also have a SummonPig skill, which will summon a pre-saddled pig. When using Forage while riding a pig, there is a high chance of finding mushrooms (pigs are used to find truffles in some cultures, so why not).
  • Bloodmage: All heals that give health will be split between the user and the pig, and all that take health will be split between the user and the pig. Bloodmage will also get a skill that allows him or her to destroy the pig to regain an amount of health equal to the pig's.
  • Disciple: Safefall will affect the pig like it would the Disciple. All heals will split between the Disciple and the pig. Meditate will boost the pig to its maximum default speed without consuming anything from the carrot rod. If the Disciple is riding a pig, and Reborn triggers, it will affect the pig too.
Well, those are my ideas. Let me know what you think, I guess.

Algsa777

TNT
I think only merchants dragoons and ranger should be able to use pigriding. Since they are the only ones that such a skill properly fits.

Joka10

Soulsand
Anyway, I guess as long as pigriding is implemented in some way other than as a donor perk, it's good. I just don't want to see it being restricted too much really.

Algsa777

TNT
I can c why. But giving it to some specs will make them op for having more moblity while fighting.

Joka10

Soulsand
If I had to revise the above post to make it so only one class from each path got it, I would say Dragoon, Ranger, Mystic, and Beguiler. Each path should have at least one that gets it, I think.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I assume it's the fact that they travel around selling stuff.

Huh? With that logic farmers ride around breeding... Enchanters ride around enchanting... Miners ride around mining? I don't see any reason why a merchant deserves a buffed pig-riding skill over any other profession, unless they make a new Rodeo Clown profession.

Joka10

Soulsand
Huh? With that logic farmers ride around breeding... Enchanters ride around enchanting... Miners ride around mining? I don't see any reason why a merchant deserves a buffed pig-riding skill over any other profession, unless they make a new Rodeo Clown profession.
How do you not see that? Merchants sell things throughout the map. That's their primary job. Thus they move quickly.

Joka10

Soulsand
I question my caster/healer ideas sorta, because they don't really provide anything new for the pigs. They just let the user's skills affect the pigs. Rogue and Warrior get a little more in the way of buffs.

I love the idea.