• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion for Future Events.

killjoyking7

ICE ICE ICE!
To start out this will take a lot of coding to make this possible but I came up with the idea of instead of hosting each and every event at the same places why not host them at cities or capitals. At first this seems ridiculous but as I said before this wouldn't just happen in a month or two this will take a lot of testing. Each town event, if the town is willing to host the event the admins will notify the owner of the town and lock everything up that he doesn't want people to touch. example: areas he does not wish for people to see and dirt over chests. To make it simpler but will probably be not possible to code with out screwing up other coding and LWCs is to have chest and dispenser in the town locked till ten minutes before and after the event. There is still many things that can go wrong like people logging out inside the town, but if it is made where when someone that is not a member or guest of the town logs out inside the town the next time they log on they are at the nearest graveyard or spire, or it can be made bannable if something is stolen or someone gets killed from someone logging out during the event. Recalling can be another possible issue but if it is made illegal and anyone who is seen in the chat box setting a recall point gets petitioned or /skill mark is disabled in the town regions during the event that would solve that issue.

you may ask what would we gain from this? I often wonder what is inside towns at some points and it will give towns the ability to show people the inside of their town without people having to join it. I personally think this would make events better. Instead of having the same places for every event there could be a variety and overall make the events that are occasionally hosted a lot more fun and give people a reason to go to the event.

How it will work.
Town owner is notified and has to agree to event.
Town has two weeks to shut off anything and if needed put in lifts specifically for the event.
10-20 minutes before the event admins turn off pvp in town regions and get set up.
Admins have town members test everything and make sure it works properly.
Event is started.
Event ends.
Everyone that doesn't have perms to the town is ported to spawn and given 10 redstone.
Admins return everything to the way it was and turn on pvp last.

Requirements
Must be City or Capital.
Must have space for event.
Must be arranged by the mayor and admins.

Too long will post a continuation.

killjoyking7

ICE ICE ICE!
Sorry my computer is being slow and I can't post pictures to make examples so I'll see if a can add on more tomorrow.

I would post more but I am too lazy.

There is many more things I can add to this but this is it for now. Please add your opinions on this subject. If you find any problems excluding what I have already said please feel free to say and I might edit into my original post.

Thanks for reading this ridiculously long post.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Too many exploits would come from this, and honestly, I don't see the extra fun or merit in doing this. Also, event planning sucks. I would much rather an Admin decide to do a DoD, set up the arena and be ready to go in 15 minutes and tear it down right after.

Kainzo did an event in the ocean between Paragon and Braavos once. It lagged both cities very hard, and half of Paragon was destroyed by TNT. Granted TNT damage values were on at that point.