• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Stuff i'd like to see in the upcoming patch.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Okay so township 3.0

1. I fought hard against the "required block materials" for town structures - but it was pushed in / kept --- we could probably make this better or remove it altogether, im not sure the code in this.
  2. Turret damage: was being tweaked - its something we can easily adjust - automatic defenses should never thwart raiders - players should be the ones thwarting with the aid of automatic defenses (to give them the upper hand)
  3. Kind of agree on chest protection
For the block requirement, IDK if it's possible to remove it, but it would/should be easy to just make them really easy to meet.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Okay so township 3.0

1. I fought hard against the "required block materials" for town structures - but it was pushed in / kept --- we could probably make this better or remove it altogether, im not sure the code in this.
  2. Turret damage: was being tweaked - its something we can easily adjust - automatic defenses should never thwart raiders - players should be the ones thwarting with the aid of automatic defenses (to give them the upper hand)
no.1 Is a big yes, it needs to be removed.
no.2 Make it 10% of your health per hit.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo
So we're looking at:
  • Drastically change the required materials for town/remove them - Agreed.

• Turret damage is too high, what exactly do you think it should be? atm its like 35% of your hp, jrr suggestion 10% and i think thats good maybe 15% and not peirce armor, and up the time between shots? - watcha think?
  • Need to remove chest protections, doors are fine this is a reason to bring a class with telekinesis. - Agreed?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like you're being aggressive with me for no reason, are you disagreeing that a good coder couldn't find a way arou

So we're looking at:
  • Drastically change the required materials for town/remove them - Agreed.

• Turret damage is too high, what exactly do you think it should be? atm its like 35% of your hp, jrr suggestion 10% and i think thats good maybe 15% and not peirce armor, and up the time between shots? - watcha think kainzo?
  • Need to remove chest protections, doors are fine this is a reason to bring a class with telekinesis. - Agreed?
He shows slight increase anger towards you because you give him little to no respect what so ever. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Okay so township 3.0

I totally agree with you on the turrets how it should be the players with the aid of turrets instead of players sitting inside while the turrets do all the work. Another way to make this stop is to increase the buffs of players, increase attributes, as a pvper I say its not fun to disable turrets and that's it. Player vs player is what I play for so whether they get a boost in stats or not I had my fun.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Town 3.0 stays
Clans stays
Weight armor is already being removed in favor of the armor class system.
Will this be like bastion how you have a set armor eg wizard all leather, or will we be able to customize for instance instead of full leather can we wear some iron or chain that still adds up to the same damage reduction. This will also help with /hat since you can customize your suit so you don't need a helmet.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Will this be like bastion how you have a set armor eg wizard all leather
D:
[QUOTE="will we be able to customize for instance instead of full leather can we wear some iron or chain that still adds up to the same damage reduction[/QUOTE]
:D
[QUOTE="This will also help with /hat since you can customize your suit so you don't need a helmet.[/QUOTE]
Hopeful :)

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Will this be like bastion how you have a set armor eg wizard all leather, or will we be able to customize for instance instead of full leather can we wear some iron or chain that still adds up to the same damage reduction. This will also help with /hat since you can customize your suit so you don't need a helmet.
would make leather useless still, I think it should stay as full leather example so leather is worth something.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
would make leather useless still, I think it should stay as full leather example so leather is worth something.
I see where u r going but it makes /hat useless as well, we need a compromise maybe each class that uses low armor has to have at least two leather equipment or have leather more useful for towns or something.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
First of all, we should make a new skill for a prof. (maybe farmer) to make leather obtaining easier - like a 1 in 8 conversion rate of rotten flesh to leather or something.
I don't know about this one, may make leather obtaining too easy if we tweak the conversion rates or we factor in the amount of rotten flesh people can get.

Second, /hat should allow us to wear armor and blocks/heads/etc. at the same time, so that /hat gives us more of a fashion statement than an armor piece (though we could give /hat pieces armor ratings and protection values).

Finally, leather armor frankly, leather armor is just way too expensive for the amount of protection that it gives! Instead of being craftable, a skill should be made so that leather armor can be made like chain armor, with a lessened cost of leather. I am a smith and I HATE it when its easier to craft and repair diamond or gold armor than leather because I have such a lack of the stuff (I've already had to deny fixing some pieces of my friends just so that I can get some books for one of my friends' enchanting rooms- he is an enchanter).

Please no hate on this comment; I know some of these points may not be the greatest for the server, but I am just putting out my opinions from a players' standpoint.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
First of all, we should make a new skill for a prof. (maybe farmer) to make leather obtaining easier - like a 1 in 8 conversion rate of rotten flesh to leather or something.
I don't know about this one, may make leather obtaining too easy if we tweak the conversion rates or we factor in the amount of rotten flesh people can get.

Second, /hat should allow us to wear armor and blocks/heads/etc. at the same time, so that /hat gives us more of a fashion statement than an armor piece (though we could give /hat pieces armor ratings and protection values).

Finally, leather armor frankly, leather armor is just way too expensive for the amount of protection that it gives! Instead of being craftable, a skill should be made so that leather armor can be made like chain armor, with a lessened cost of leather. I am a smith and I HATE it when its easier to craft and repair diamond or gold armor than leather because I have such a lack of the stuff (I've already had to deny fixing some pieces of my friends just so that I can get some books for one of my friends' enchanting rooms- he is an enchanter).

Please no hate on this comment; I know some of these points may not be the greatest for the server, but I am just putting out my opinions from a players' standpoint.
All of our opinions are from a players standpoint. Leather has no value at the moment so why keep it that way? Putting set armour back brings back a purpose for leather thankfully.

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
So here's just a list of things i'd like to see in the upcoming patch:

• "Kainzo: Town 3.0 stays" Ok in this case can we improve some things, such as enderpearl use on inside regions, with it off it kinda defeats the purpose of enderpearls all together doesn't it? @Kainzo

• A better clan system, OR scrap kdr for elo. Why? elo you could have 1k deaths and still be pvp top, elo promoted pvp so people would go ham to get a kill, even if it meant dying multiple times, however with kdr you can only be top by having super low/no deaths so it promotes people to not die at all costs, lowering pvp.

• With set armors coming back i'd like to see the old armors like in dg, for instance pally atm can only get 75 weight on an average build, back then it had 85. Or like dk would be with 75 weight back then however it only averages at 70 now. I'd just like to see all the old set armors back, not new ones.

That's it for now, ill keep adding to the rainbow :)

@Irishman81 @whiteninja1970 @MrFly007
hey babe

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

no. leather is already so easy to get, back in Bastion (which was the last time that stuff was worth something) i sat in my little 50s a week shop summoning cows and killing them with a looting sword as a runeblade. 1-3 normal cows and 1-3 mooshrooms every 5 mins with looting III and you get alot of leather. i went farmer on Haven just because it's easy to max very quick, but this map it was totally pointless and i havent maxed a single prof because i hate mining.