• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Stuff i'd like to see in the upcoming patch.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
So here's just a list of things i'd like to see in the upcoming patch:

• "Kainzo: Town 3.0 stays" Ok in this case can we improve some things, such as enderpearl use on inside regions, with it off it kinda defeats the purpose of enderpearls all together doesn't it? @Kainzo

• A better clan system, OR scrap kdr for elo. Why? elo you could have 1k deaths and still be pvp top, elo promoted pvp so people would go ham to get a kill, even if it meant dying multiple times, however with kdr you can only be top by having super low/no deaths so it promotes people to not die at all costs, lowering pvp.

• With set armors coming back i'd like to see the old armors like in dg, for instance pally atm can only get 75 weight on an average build, back then it had 85. Or like dk would be with 75 weight back then however it only averages at 70 now. I'd just like to see all the old set armors back, not new ones.

That's it for now, ill keep adding to the rainbow :)

@Irishman81 @whiteninja1970 @MrFly007

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Town 3.0 stays
Clans stays
Weight armor is already being removed in favor of the armor class system.
The point of clans is just to have a sense of "teamwork" and a better way of stat tracking right? The only real difference between Elo and clans is that killing rivals counts for 2 kills. There was still a sense of teamwork with elo though, you only really join a clan with town members which is pretty much like elo.

I would like to see somethinng like this in regards to PVP stat tracking:
Integrate elo with clans, have clans ranked on average elo, and the players ranked on elo as well.

The problem with clans is that kdr, as cool beans said, just relies on people running from PVP and trying not to die. Elo gave people a reason to fight, and overall made PVP a better environment.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
The point of clans is just to have a sense of "teamwork" and a better way of stat tracking right? The only real difference between Elo and clans is that killing rivals counts for 2 kills. There was still a sense of teamwork with elo though, you only really join a clan with town members which is pretty much like elo.

I would like to see somethinng like this in regards to PVP stat tracking.

Integrate elo with clans, have clans ranked on average elo, and the players ranked on elo as well.

The problem with clans is that "kdr", as cool beans said, just relies on people running from PVP and trying not to die. Elo gave people a reason to fight, and overall made PVP a better environment.
@Kainzo Please.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Town 3.0 stays
Clans stays
Weight armor is already being removed in favor of the armor class system.
Since it is a "Back to the Basics patch," I assume you want to try to appeal to the older players who liked Herocraft when it was more simple. If the current townships 3.0 stays, most older players will definitely get turned off away from it. In my opinion, Townships 3.0 were/was designed by people who wanted to take away the fun of raiding, that is - actually fighting people in group fights and not being restricted to things like no-pvp zones and turrets. Just the fact that there were more people back then when it was at Townships 2.0 and had no attributes, and much simpler than the amount of people now when it has attributes/Townships 3.0 proves that.

Now, I do not completely dislike the Townships 3.0. I like the overall idea of it, but features such as no-pvp zones and turrets just makes me prefer Townships 2.0. Yes, I can see how Townships 3.0 can make raiding more "fun," and more challenging than just the old "whoever has the most people/better team comp/overall better skilled players wins." However, the current setup of Townships 3.0 isn't making raiding any fun or challenging, it is just making it annoying.

Just the fact that your town being able to successfully defend itself, its members, or its chests should be be the work of the players' strategic planning of how they would build their town and its defense. Not from the plugin's no-pvp zones or region protection for some buildings that disables raiders from opening chests. And that is definitely the satisfying and challenging part for defending your town, being able to somewhat defend it.

Another satisfying and challenging part of being on the offensive/raiding side is attempting to get inside the town and being able to kill the players inside, or even looting unprotected chests. If a town left its doors and chests unlocked/unprotected, then it is their fault. Townships 3.0 plugin should not be able to protect players and their chests completely, that's why a developed town uses planning and there are also LWCs. Also I assume no one really cares about draining power/destroying a town so it could be looted. Yes, people like loot, but in the long term, people of a town who got its power drained so their chests are open for looting would most likely quit. Less people = less pvp.

I don't mind Townships 3.0 staying, but there needs to be things that should be changed, and here is what I suggest:

-Rework it so we are not restricted to blocks that we are required to use to make a building. The restriction of having to follow the blocks required takes away the fun of building and most likely there will be no awesome looking towns such as Drakenvale in the past.
-Remove turrets or nerf them so that a town's defense does not have to rely on them. There are things that can be made by players and Engineers called player traps.
-Remove no-pvp zones and chest region protection. There are things called LWCs.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Since it is a "Back to the Basics patch," I assume you want to try to appeal to the older players who liked Herocraft when it was more simple. If the current townships 3.0 stays, most older players will definitely get turned off away from it. In my opinion, Townships 3.0 were/was designed by people who wanted to take away the fun of raiding, that is - actually fighting people in group fights and not being restricted to things like no-pvp zones and turrets. Just the fact that there were more people back then when it was at Townships 2.0 and had no attributes, and much simpler than the amount of people now when it has attributes/Townships 3.0 proves that.

Now, I do not completely dislike the Townships 3.0. I like the overall idea of it, but features such as no-pvp zones and turrets just makes me prefer Townships 2.0. Yes, I can see how Townships 3.0 can make raiding more "fun," and more challenging than just the old "whoever has the most people/better team comp/overall better skilled players wins." However, the current setup of Townships 3.0 isn't making raiding any fun or challenging, it is just making it annoying.

Just the fact that your town being able to successfully defend itself, its members, or its chests should be be the work of the players' strategic planning of how they would build their town and its defense. Not from the plugin's no-pvp zones or region protection for some buildings that disables raiders from opening chests. And that is definitely the satisfying and challenging part for defending your town, being able to somewhat defend it.

Another satisfying and challenging part of being on the offensive/raiding side is attempting to get inside the town and being able to kill the players inside, or even looting unprotected chests. If a town left its doors and chests unlocked/unprotected, then it is their fault. Townships 3.0 plugin should not be able to protect players and their chests completely, that's why a developed town uses planning and there are also LWCs. Also I assume no one really cares about draining power/destroying a town so it could be looted. Yes, people like loot, but in the long term, people of a town who got its power drained so their chests are open for looting would most likely quit. Less people = less pvp.

I don't mind Townships 3.0 staying, but there needs to be things that should be changed, and here is what I suggest:

-Rework it so we are not restricted to blocks that we are required to use to make a building. The restriction of having to follow the blocks required takes away the fun of building and most likely there will be no awesome looking towns such as Drakenvale in the past.
-Remove turrets or nerf them so that a town's defense does not have to rely on them. There are things that can be made by players and Engineers called player traps.
-Remove no-pvp zones and chest region protection. There are things called LWCs.
Yeah townships 2.0 was nicer because it wasn't complete-idiot-safe to the point where you can leave your towns open and leave your chest able to be opened, YET YOU'RE 100% SAFE.

pvp off zones make this worse, sneaky classes are useless because even if you disabled the turret and somehow got in (cant use enderpearls gg) they already saw you and ran to pvp off zone.

plus all township 3.0 towns are so damn ugly it makes you want to throw up, at least township 2.0 gave players the option to make beautiful towns like drakenvale in haven, or tons of the beautiful and unique towns in dragonguarde.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I know one reason why Kainzo is not going back to townships 2.0 is because the code why ugly, broken and had way to many bugs. No one wanted to touch the code because it was very messy. All we need to do is tweak 3.0 to satisfy everyone.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I know one reason why Kainzo is not going back to townships 2.0 is because the code why ugly, broken and had way to many bugs. No one wanted to touch the code because it was very messy. All we need to do is tweak 3.0 to satisfy everyone.
This

Haven't been on in some time but it seems to me that some people want the "feel" of townships 2.0 without actually having to go back to it. If we were to switch to townships 2.0 tomorrow people would slowly be reminded of why we were initially happy for 3.0; townships 2.0 just promoted people making giant, unraidable boxes that had terrible player interaction. Not to mention it required a hell of a lot more people than townships 3.0 does.

I do think that safezones need to be removed (not tweaked). The only safezones should be holes in the ground that are out of range of AoE. @Kainzo

Ruger392

Obsidian
This

Haven't been on in some time but it seems to me that some people want the "feel" of townships 2.0 without actually having to go back to it. If we were to switch to townships 2.0 tomorrow people would slowly be reminded of why we were initially happy for 3.0; townships 2.0 just promoted people making giant, unraidable boxes that had terrible player interaction. Not to mention it required a hell of a lot more people than townships 3.0 does.

I do think that safezones need to be removed (not tweaked). The only safezones should be holes in the ground that are out of range of AoE. @Kainzo
Cool Tree

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Can we just see residences not be so much more worth it than anything?

Seriously you can protect more chests via a cheap residence than trying to purchase LWC's

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The only reason I like safe zones is that AOE-spamming buildings is annoying, but that's just a problem with Heroes...

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I thought we had a place called PvE for people who don't want to PvP and lose their stuff.....
But you see pve people also somehow enjoy PvP but only when they have the advantage so that's why townships 3.0 exists and turrets exist. True pvpers fight no matter what even if they do lose. Also safe ones to protect from aoes is stupid, if your in a house and getting aoed to death mine down, its not that hard, "the only safezones should be holes in the ground that are out of range of AoE" words from a legend #lightningCaped

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
But you see pve people also somehow enjoy PvP but only when they have the advantage so that's why townships 3.0 exists and turrets exist. True pvpers fight no matter what even if they do lose. Also safe ones to protect from aoes is stupid, if your in a house and getting aoed to death mine down, its not that hard, "the only safezones should be holes in the ground that are out of range of AoE" words from a legend #lightningCaped
Yeah, imagine if one of those guys that complain is in his town, a ninja comes out of no-where, he dies and lose a stack of redstone, 5 gunpower and 30 melon slices, the poor guy will be forced to quit HC...

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Can we please get plaguebomb back with back to basics? It was a core beguiler skill that made the class a lot of fun to play, just by throwing sheep in the air. I also think that it would be cool the bring back new forms of old classes that were removed, like what is happening to Sammy.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Can we please get plaguebomb back with back to basics? It was a core beguiler skill that made the class a lot of fun to play, just by throwing sheep in the air. I also think that it would be cool the bring back new forms of old classes that were removed, like what is happening to Sammy.
Brought this up with Kain, needs to be tested more. Still causes the server to crash. They just need to re code it.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Brought this up with Kain, needs to be tested more. Still causes the server to crash. They just need to re code it.
I'm not saying its easy, but c'mon it can't be that hard. I think the issue is we don't have any dedicated coders for that kinda stuff.

Only person i can think of is @mung3r but idk if he does that kinda stuff.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not saying its easy, but c'mon it can't be that hard. I think the issue is we don't have any dedicated coders for that kinda stuff.

Only person i can think of is @mung3r but idk if he does that kinda stuff.
No. You don't understand the concepts of entities and how they can be easily manipulated with that skill to crash servers. Either accept the answer that was given or be quiet.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay so township 3.0

1. I fought hard against the "required block materials" for town structures - but it was pushed in / kept --- we could probably make this better or remove it altogether, im not sure the code in this.
  2. Turret damage: was being tweaked - its something we can easily adjust - automatic defenses should never thwart raiders - players should be the ones thwarting with the aid of automatic defenses (to give them the upper hand)
  3. Kind of agree on chest protection