• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Store] Donation Meter for Server-wide Boosts.

trapzor

Iron
The idea:
On the store, the cost of a server-wide boost is anywhere from $32 to $40. A built-in mechanism for crowd-sourcing this might result in more donations.

The details:
Since a server-wide boost benefits lots of players at once, it might be worthwhile to have a mechanism where each player can chip in a tiny amount (a dollar or two) toward increasing a meter. When the meter hits some fixed amount, say $40, then the boost gets applied. This has several advantages:
  • lowers the barrier of entry for boost-donation, and gets more players started on donating
  • increases the overall volume and frequency of donations
  • a visible meter on the main page (even a periodic in-game announcement that gives the current meter level) would raise the visibility of donating for boosts, while simultaneously providing an higher incentive (only $2 more needed! etc etc).
  • from the player's point of view: more frequent boosts.
An in-game message could announce the names of the accounts that contributed to the boost when it gets applied. It could be two separate options in the online store to either buy the boost outright at $40 or just chip in a smaller amount to raise the meter. It should be made clear that the boost is ONLY applied when the meter is maxed out, regardless of whether the contributors are online when that happens, giving small donors an incentive to get others to donate and max out the meter.

Alternatively, have a separate meter on a much larger dollar amount that applies a boost whenever a certain number of purchases/donations are made for any purpose. So even something like buying a crate key would move the meter, toward a larger goal of say $100 or $200, then when the goal is met, a server-wide boost gets applied.

Last edited:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I see nothing speaking against this.
Could be optimized to something good.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
This has been suggested many times before, but I think bis buycraft isn't able to do this.

trapzor

Iron
This has been suggested many times before, but I think bis buycraft isn't able to do this.

I assumed it would require some additional scripting outside of buycraft. If the server doesn't have the technical ability for this yet, I guess it's just something to keep in mind for a time when they do.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I assumed it would require some additional scripting outside of buycraft. If the server doesn't have the technical ability for this yet, I guess it's just something to keep in mind for a time when they do.
Yep - something i've been wanting for almost 1.5 years? We could probably script outside and track it ourselves.