• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Stop SOPA!

Do you support SOPA?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 87.8%
  • I need more information to decide.

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Luke Strife

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything with a .com address would be affected if it gets passed, which is a lot of commonly used websites.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
the only people who gain from this are the record and film industries. This hurts everyone else with a web based business. If you support this because "money makes the world goes around" its pretty clear your are not grasping what is going on here.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I wasn't really to informed on SOPA until this was posted. But yeah I also watched a few videos today and I though CaptainSparklez's video was very helpful for me to understand what SOPA and PIPA were all about:

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I just had a long, fruitful conversation with my Senator, Lisa Murkowski (I live in Alaska, my Senator has time to do this shit), I also contacted Senator Mark Begich and Representative Donald Young and told them how many of their constituents felt about SOPA.

Nice work man, people like you (and obviously many others) who make this world turn.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
the only people who gain from this are the record and film industries. This hurts everyone else with a web based business. If you support this because "money makes the world goes around" its pretty clear your are not grasping what is going on here.
GoDaddy.com (the largest website domain host in the world) supports SOPA, and the funny thing is they will probably be the biggest criminals in the US if the law is passed.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm glad I didn't buy a domain + DNS hosting (and whatnot) from that site the other day. It was thanks to @smash26t stating not to on the Anti-SOPA thread.

Luke Strife

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, they'll try to narrow down the wording a bit, but it'd be foolish to think that the battle is won, or the new incarnation will be any less dangerous. Gotta keep fighting. Sadly there isn't a lot I can do, being English, but I am still pretty vocal about it and spread it around my Facebook, what more can I do?

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, they'll try to narrow down the wording a bit, but it'd be foolish to think that the battle is won, or the new incarnation will be any less dangerous. Gotta keep fighting. Sadly there isn't a lot I can do, being English, but I am still pretty vocal about it and spread it around my Facebook, what more can I do?
I know what you mean man. I have sent my congressmen and reps of my state multiple letters asking them to stand against it.

Luke Strife

Legacy Supporter 3
I know what you mean man. I have sent my congressmen and reps of my state multiple letters asking them to stand against it.
It just sucks that being a non-American, I can't do anything proper like contact a representative, despite the fact that this legislation will affect the world over.

connormcwood

Legacy Supporter 2
tumblr_lwhlj5EuZL1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6

Ghost: Secretly a pretty cool guy. Ragey and given to rants, but he's hardcore!

SOPA is not a conservative movement, but ok, lol.
Anyway here is a video that help explain this a little better. It doesn't cover everything the bill entails but it's still pretty informative. I suggest you all watch.