• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Steal from Items frames - make it legal?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Allowing stealing from item frames on regions could be a good way to allow some raiding results in a world of dirt blocked chests.

Players might be a bit more careful about the things that they place in item frames, but most towns have reasonable security to still allow for decoration uses.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Yeah I took all my item frames down from my shops after discovering the items inside of them weren't protected by the region. Whether it's considered legal or not, why take the risk. It's like leaving a pile of money on your table and your front door open, while you live in a town full of compulsive thieves.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
... full of compulsive thieves.
I.E. the entirety of the server.

It just makes the item frames useless. There is no reason to use them if they can be stolen from without repercussion. Period.
Might as well just remove the recipe so people don't get duped into thinking they can use them safely.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
last I checked you couldn't break an item frame in w region you don't have perms with even with skills

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
last I checked you couldn't break an item frame in w region you don't have perms with even with skills
No, you can't break the frames themselves. But you can take any of the items that are IN the frames, even in a build restricted region. This is because putting items in and taking items out of frames isn't governed by the BUILD flag, it's governed by the USE flag, like chests, furnaces, and crafting tables. Or something of that nature.

Moralsk

Gold
This kind of bums me out because that basically means you can't safely put your badges in item frames then.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
This kind of bums me out because that basically means you can't safely put your badges in item frames then.
Nope. Well... not unless you encase the item frame inside glass blocks or something so nobody could touch it. But that would be pretty lame.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
The only way I can see to fix this (without having to re-code how the frames work) is to set the USE flag on regions to off, but this would also make it so any chests, furnaces, crafting tables, doors, switches, etc. would not be usable by other players. Unfortunately that would make raiding completely impossible so it’s not likely to happen just so that we could use item frames safely.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Allowing stealing from item frames on regions could be a good way to allow some raiding results in a world of dirt blocked chests.

Players might be a bit more careful about the things that they place in item frames, but most towns have reasonable security to still allow for decoration uses.
This would just result in no one using item frames.
I belive that @Danda Said that this was allowed in o chat the other day due to it being very hard to track.
I did say that the other day but we've recently fixed the logging issue and that stance has now changed. I'll be making a mass alert later today on the forums.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

Well it is trackable now, so you can put them into frames

@Danda - Issue was brought up about skills breaking the items out. Is there a way to stop that?

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8

Here's a hint for those who want to store/show off things but are bothered for whatever reason by item frames:

A much safer way to store items you want to show off, while at the same time letting people easily read the item tooltips, is the Donation Lwc. In your donation Lwc, anyone can add items or look at your items, but only you can take anything. You can create one using the command /cdonation, similar to /cprivate.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Here's a hint for those who want to store/show off things but are bothered for whatever reason by item frames:

A much safer way to store items you want to show off, while at the same time letting people easily read the item tooltips, is the Donation Lwc. In your donation Lwc, anyone can add items or look at your items, but only you can take anything. You can create one using the command /cdonation, similar to /cprivate.
Item frames are a decorative item and should not be there to thieve from. By allowing it you basically remove all use for having them in the first place meaning no one can use them for decoration as people will be dicks and remove anything inside them regardless of whether they want them or not.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
No, you can't break the frames themselves. But you can take any of the items that are IN the frames, even in a build restricted region. This is because putting items in and taking items out of frames isn't governed by the BUILD flag, it's governed by the USE flag, like chests, furnaces, and crafting tables. Or something of that nature.
Skills CAN break the frames themselves tho in regions you have perms to

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Item frames are a decorative item and should not be there to thieve from. By allowing it you basically remove all use for having them in the first place meaning no one can use them for decoration as people will be dicks and remove anything inside them regardless of whether they want them or not.
The post was in response to someone wanting to display badges, was not on topic for thread, sorry. Badges and item tooltips can't be read without taking them from the item frame.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The post was in response to someone wanting to display badges, was not on topic for thread, sorry. Badges and item tooltips can't be read without taking them from the item frame.
Item name still displays when you look at it though :p