• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

State of the server?

brancher

Obsidian
Was thinking about bringing the crew back, but can't really make up my mind.

Is the PvP on the server as bland as it used to be? (I.E. people sitting in there stone box's all day and never coming out)

Large playerbase? Good economy?

That's pretty much the big three for us, am really curious as to the state of the 3 things above.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Attributes have added a whole new layer of complexity and the opportunity to personally tweak how you play your combat classes.

brancher

Obsidian
Just watch the player tracker or the server status... hitting 250 on peak
Have no idea where the player tracker is, have just been logging on for the past couple of days to see and it fluctuates wildly enough to where I can't get a good enough read.

Attributes have added a whole new layer of complexity and the opportunity to personally tweak how you play your combat classes.

Yeah, that's definitely whats most appealing. Would like to get some community feedback nonetheless, though.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8

Is the PvP on the server as bland as it used to be? (I.E. people sitting in there stone box's all day and never coming out)

That's pretty much the big three for us, am really curious as to the state of the 3 things above.
You're a bit late. PVP was happening alot in the weeks following the reset - now it's still good since towns aren't all up yet, but there has been a small decline, though it is hardly noticable.

During the week, the lowest the server gets to (My primetime to play x.x) is around 50 players while in the American Prime Time it gets to 250ish.

Economy is just getting going, but the new currency doesn't run off gold - runs off souls. It's an interesting change I think for the better. Shops are just starting up so we'll see how they go.

Attributes have changed a lot of things - so definitely come and play a bit - the more the merrier.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
eh, I guess I'll elaborate on what kain said. PVP is easy to find and basically everywhere, this is because the map is currently really small (2kr). As for stone boxes... towns with roofs are illegal same goes for stupidly large walls. Meaning that basically unless the town is completely underground you can get inside. Especially with EP + mobility skills. Playerbase is large enough if not to big, 250 players kinda makes the server cripple and nearly die. Economy is a lot harder than in past maps, I doubt we'll be seeing players with 30k-50k this map, at the moment 1k + is considered rich.

Hope you come back, I'll be looking forward to 1v1ing you. I'm no longer the noob that sits inside the stone box of canterlot.

brancher

Obsidian
You're a bit late. PVP was happening alot in the weeks following the reset - now it's still good since towns aren't all up yet, but there has been a small decline, though it is hardly noticable.

During the week, the lowest the server gets to (My primetime to play x.x) is around 50 players while in the American Prime Time it gets to 250ish.

Economy is just getting going, but the new currency doesn't run off gold - runs off souls. It's an interesting change I think for the better. Shops are just starting up so we'll see how they go.

Attributes have changed a lot of things - so definitely come and play a bit - the more the merrier.
Awesome reply!

More on the current state of PvP: Are there any sizeable groups that play? I don't want to bring 20+ people in only to not be able to find a fight against somewhat similar numbers.

eh, I guess I'll elaborate on what kain said. PVP is easy to find and basically everywhere, this is because the map is currently really small (2kr). As for stone boxes... towns with roofs are illegal same goes for stupidly large walls. Meaning that basically unless the town is completely underground you can get inside. Especially with EP + mobility skills. Playerbase is large enough if not to big, 250 players kinda makes the server cripple and nearly die. Economy is a lot harder than in past maps, I doubt we'll be seeing players with 30k-50k this map, at the moment 1k + is considered rich.

Hope you come back, I'll be looking forward to 1v1ing you. I'm no longer the noob that sits inside the stone box of canterlot.

Haha, sounds great! I really appreciate you notifying me of towns not being able to be roofed anymore, that's definitely new and incredibly awesome.

You say that 250 players cripple the server, are you implying that it causes lag? or?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Have no idea where the player tracker is, have just been logging on for the past couple of days to see and it fluctuates wildly enough to where I can't get a good enough read.

Yeah, that's definitely whats most appealing. Would like to get some community feedback nonetheless, though.
I'm not seeing a flux ... we're hitting 50-75 during euro/aussie prime time and 250 on US prime time - you can see a tracker on any of our voting websites or here, http://hc.to/store

== we are not a PVP server, we are an RPG server ==
World PVP happens, we're not going to encourage camping of newbies etc, and organized events for pvp - etc are coming back with @Xanipher as the lead event admin.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
@brancher
There are a few groups - Umbra, Papadopatropolis, Freepers and even Port Royal.
These groups tend to pvp together and it's quite fun.

250 players does stress the server personally for me (I notice a bit more lag) but generally it's pretty stable for pvp/pve ect.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@brancher

250 players does stress the server personally for me (I notice a bit more lag) but generally it's pretty stable for pvp/pve ect.
We're working to split up the "250" so that the chaos world, nether and so forth have their own dedicated cpu - it will make things much better.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey brancher!

1. In some situations it kinda still is. However there if the right people are on its not hard to find a good 7v7ish or even a 10v10... It all depends on the amount of plays you have raiding at time... Most towns are builder towns and are pretty bland to raid just because they either sit in their boxes or you run in and kill a few and then they still sit in boxes. The few towns that do PvP: Umbra, Freepers, Pap, and other few fight about once ever one too two days. If you have only a group of 2-4 its not hard to find a fight.

2. Player base is good right now as the server gets to 250 each day. The Economy is way better than it used to be because it can be controlled more.

3. Money is harder to get so rather than seeing someone with 10k and thinking meh... like last map, This map 1k is considered a lot of money. It only few weeks in so that might change.

That is my 2 cents on the server so far.

brancher

Obsidian
I'm not seeing a flux ... we're hitting 50-75 during euro/aussie prime time and 250 on US prime time - you can see a tracker on any of our voting websites or here, http://hc.to/store

== we are not a PVP server, we are an RPG server ==
World PVP happens, we're not going to encourage camping of newbies etc, and organized events for pvp - etc are coming back with @Xanipher as the lead event admin.
I actually stressed in an earlier post about how I wanted even numbers if we were to come back, so not entirely sure why you're insinuating i'm looking to come back to camp newbies.

Also, I'm entirely aware of the server being primarily an RPG server. I made this post to gauge if there is an engaging PvP community, considering that is the goal for us on any game; player interaction in the form of combat.

brancher

Obsidian
@brancher

Sounds great, I know the majority of those names from olden times, and they always put up a great fight.

Hey brancher!

1. In some situations it kinda still is. However there if the right people are on its not hard to find a good 7v7ish or even a 10v10... It all depends on the amount of plays you have raiding at time... Most towns are builder towns and are pretty bland to raid just because they either sit in their boxes or you run in and kill a few and then they still sit in boxes. The few towns that do PvP: Umbra, Freepers, Pap, and other few fight about once ever one too two days. If you have only a group of 2-4 its not hard to find a fight.

2. Player base is good right now as the server gets to 250 each day. The Economy is way better than it used to be because it can be controlled more.

3. Money is harder to get so rather than seeing someone with 10k and thinking meh... like last map, This map 1k is considered a lot of money. It only few weeks in so that might change.

That is my 2 cents on the server so far.

Hey, lookout! Good to have some veteran feedback!

I sort of expected for there to be builder towns, that was a given. We're looking to fight actual specc'd classes, so those really don't concern us.

What does concern us, though, are the 7v7's and the 10v10's you speak of. Would you say its easy to find these fights, or do they happen once in a blue moon? In the past it was always tough to find towns that actually have those kinds of numbers at any given time.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds great, I know the majority of those names from olden times, and they always put up a great fight.

I sort of expected for there to be builder towns, that was a given. We're looking to fight actual specc'd classes, so those really don't concern us.

What does concern us, though, are the 7v7's and the 10v10's you speak of. Would you say its easy to find these fights, or do they happen once in a blue moon? In the past it was always tough to find towns that actually have those kinds of numbers at any given time.
All that needs to be said is the following; The map is 1 week old. Deaths are occurring left, right, and center. There are only a handful of players who have mastered their classes at 65, but the ones who have are almost certainly running around the world looking for blood. Give this server another week or two and the PVP will probably increase even more than it currently has if I'm honest. The town plugin just got put in 2 days ago, and there's already a lot of PVP involved so players halt the progression of a town being built. Fun times.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Coal Harbor 3.0?

Loc killed me so many times at NCH on Dragon, good times though. :D

And yeah, PvP is pretty beast at the minute.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Not sure why you're going on the defensive, I give blanket statements ;) if your idea of pvp = noob camping, you may not agree with the changes coming in :)

Either way, come back or don't - have a good one!

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3

I would say they happen almost everyday.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

PvP is hot right now. People are out and about doing things all the time. I find that it's fairly easy to run into someone, often that you don't know, in the wild. This yields some opportunities, especially for the stealthy among us. There are little organized structures currently so most everything is wide open.

Playerbase is large and varied.

Economy is fair. I am a fan of the gold standard, but with the direction the soul standard is going it will probably turn out to be better.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
pvp was what i did throughout the last map, and will continue to be. never heard of you brancher, so i'm just gonna assume youre a noob. We look forward to fighting your group of likely hackers.