• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

State of PVP

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
The economy in maps like Bastion were great and it was mostly derived by the needs of the few rich and powerful kingdoms because the coin and material cost was really steep. I don't even know how we did it back then I just kinda told people to do stuff and it happened like magic.

The costs for towns today are basically one time fees of materials only reproducible by trade or war with towns in other regions and then it's just a coin cost. As time moved on people lost interest in big regions and would rather have a small, cheap, and secure home. In bastion small did not mean secure and one breach could ruin you. They were great times
On DG and Bastion we had awesome full sized trade districts with players like Jonsoon and AlexHoff whose sole focus was the market. We don't see many people of that caliber anymore.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
And the ecoenomy was based on gold, SmeltGold RIP my friend.
Yep. Basing the economy around gold again would be a very smart idea.

I know this may not be what Kain wants to hear but we need to try and model the new map off of Bastion. It really was the prime in my opinion and I've been here a while. It's rough because of all the hard work that has gone into making HC what it is now.

A similar overall infrastructure to Bastion just updated. Graveyards, large player trading shops, herotowns, duels.

It's also time for some new skills. If we could truly revamp HC, and make a baller video showcasing it, could be huge.

Or maybe it couldn't as minecraft is dying. All the OG players like myself have grown up.

All we can do is try.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Yep. Basing the economy around gold again would be a very smart idea.

I know this may not be what Kain wants to hear but we need to try and model the new map off of Bastion. It really was the prime in my opinion and I've been here a while. It's rough because of all the hard work that has gone into making HC what it is now.

A similar overall infrastructure to Bastion just updated. Graveyards, large player trading shops, herotowns, duels.

It's also time for some new skills. If we could truly revamp HC, and make a baller video showcasing it, could be huge.

Or maybe it couldn't as minecraft is dying. All the OG players like myself have grown up.

All we can do is try.
I mean I know of a certain someone who has like 120 skills we can use, he just has to say we can lol

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
On DG and Bastion we had awesome full sized trade districts with players like Jonsoon and AlexHoff whose sole focus was the market. We don't see many people of that caliber anymore.
yeah as maps went on staff did shit like give out free dia blocks and free shit which inflated economy but not also that gold economy was so much better

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
With the new armor or something Kain mentioned if there are upgrades there should be special items/shards that should be bought in an admin shop ONLY as a money sink for the economy. And the shards/ items shouldn't be rare drops.

Need more moeny sinks and incentives to buy things.

@Kainzo some suggestions in this thread you should have a look at