• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion stamina

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Does anyone else agree that every classes stamina regen is way to low for having such big stamina costs on our skills. For dragoon for everything except lucky casters with mana. I don't mean to complain i just hate it.

mawaty

TNT
I disagree. The stamina regen is pretty fast, but slow enough that it puts a pause in between high damaging skills such as eviscerate, and utility skills such as cleave so that the battle is a battle and not a spam of binds.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I disagree. The stamina regen is pretty fast, but slow enough that it puts a pause in between high damaging skills such as eviscerate, and utility skills such as cleave so that the battle is a battle and not a spam of binds.
It's unfair for dragoons

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
The problem I have with stamina is that we cant sprint once our "stamina bar" has been depleted, while as wizards once they use all of their mana they can freely try and run away with sprint jumps.

A

Aburido_burrito

That's why eviscerate gets a longer cooldown.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Mawaty You don't even understand.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
If you don't want skills to be spamable, you put up the CD.

That is what cooldowns are FOR.

all big stamina costs does for many classes, is make them underpowered. When some classes, IE ninja, can do massive damage, without using skills, is it really fair for a class that needs skills to succeed IE Dragoon, are punished with high stamina costs?

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
If you don't want skills to be spamable, you put up the CD.

That is what cooldowns are FOR.

all big stamina costs does for many classes, is make them underpowered. When some classes, IE ninja, can do massive damage, without using skills, is it really fair for a class that needs skills to succeed IE Dragoon, are punished with high stamina costs?
This is what It old a ninja that was complaining about having "worse" stamina then a dragoon earlier. People don't understand that if a ninja runs out of stam he has obviously already done tons of damage, and all he has to do now is hit them with there sword that does over 100 damage. 120 i think? We run out of stam we have to kit which is hard when you have NO STAM!

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7

So a battle to you is not using skills but just whacking away with regular attacks? It's either a spam of skills or a spam of clicks and I would like skills to be apart of the equation.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
So a battle to you is not using skills but just whacking away with regular attacks? It's either a spam of skills or a spam of clicks and I would like skills to be apart of the equation.

This is exactly it. You need to find a happy medium. Skills should support your ability to auto attack. They should supplement your damage output.

F

Falker57

I was never a big fan of stamina when it was implemented. No health regen makes kiting for dragoons useless. No sprint when skills are used up and just the face that your run out so quickly. I hate stamina really. You are basically rooted if you run out of stam.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't really see the point in the stam system. It's basically mana except a little more lore friendly for melee classes and has more drawbacks than benefits.

Edit: I really wish some people would give there thoughts on something instead of just using the rating system too. lol

mawaty

TNT
Whoops wall of text incoming :p

Alright, I left cooldown out of the equation (Sorry, ranger's the only class I've really played in-depth on)
I take back what I said about spamming binds. It's about wailing away on an opponent while using skills when you have the stamina/mana, and when the cooldown is done. Now that I've switched to warrior, I understand the importance of stamina. Because of warrior's low damage and health, you have to choose between using skills to hopefully kill the person/mob or save your stamina to run.
I see your point. But that what makes dragoon balanced (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) Dragoons have high stam costs because (I think) it would be over powered If a dragoon could jump twice to catch up, then still have the stam cleave or impale.

@whitemagehealu No, I don't only use my weapon. I use whatever one skill I can bind to it when the cd is done and stam is regen'd. So, I do agree with @iHazBryn 's statement in conclusion.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Whoops wall of text incoming :p

Alright, I left cooldown out of the equation (Sorry, ranger's the only class I've really played in-depth on)
I take back what I said about spamming binds. It's about wailing away on an opponent while using skills when you have the stamina/mana, and when the cooldown is done. Now that I've switched to warrior, I understand the importance of stamina. Because of warrior's low damage and health, you have to choose between using skills to hopefully kill the person/mob or save your stamina to run.
I see your point. But that what makes dragoon balanced (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) Dragoons have high stam costs because (I think) it would be over powered If a dragoon could jump twice to catch up, then still have the stam cleave or impale.

@whitemagehealu No, I don't only use my weapon. I use whatever one skill I can bind to it when the cd is done and stam is regen'd. So, I do agree with @iHazBryn 's statement in conclusion.
jump has a 7 second cd. its not like you could spam it. And impale last for 3 seconds. Not long enough to even do half someones health.

M

Mr krall

And impale last for 3 seconds. Not long enough to even do half someones health.

Impale is not supposed to kill someone during its duration, or even do decent amounts of it. Impale is like a close ranged root (making it possible to catch up then do some damage). And any dragoon that is sad about stam just dont "jump" into every fight. Thats like a samurai using one into every fight (even though it costs less stam but its still a waste when you could use it later) just wait till they are about to run then chase them down with jump or run away with it.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Impale is not supposed to kill someone during its duration, or even do decent amounts of it. Impale is like a close ranged root (making it possible to catch up then do some damage). And any dragoon that is sad about stam just dont "jump" into every fight. Thats like a samurai using one into every fight (even though it costs less stam but its still a waste when you could use it later) just wait till they are about to run then chase them down with jump or run away with it.

Lol when did i ever say I jump into fights.

I was just replying to the "Impale + 2 jumps would be op"

its not.

I know my shit. Dragoon does have stamina issues, just like a lot of warrior classes. Dragoon just has to rely on our skills, plus it isn't split between mana and stam like DKs.

M

Mr krall

Lol when did i ever say I jump into fights.

I was just replying to the "Impale + 2 jumps would be op"

its not.

I know my shit. Dragoon does have stamina issues, just like a lot of warrior classes. Dragoon just has to rely on our skills, plus it isn't split between mana and stam like DKs.

I see what you mean. DK's have stam and mana, and samurai's just keep wacking with their sword if they run out of stam. But as for Dragoons they depend on stam so much they cant really do much when its gone.