• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spying, Favoritsm and other Admin Abuse.

In order for the server to function in a fair, impartial environment things like this need to stop.

Neo_Exdeath
1: Neo_Exdeath has been camping our chat for some time now. I've asked him repeatedly not to camp our chat if he's going to actively be assisting our enemies in PvP against us. If he actually was talking to us or had some actual business there I wouldn't be bothered. It's impossible to use our chat for anything pvp related when he's in our chat and on teamspeak with them simultaneously - despite repeated requests not to be.

2: Recently several members of ORE violated the "no logging out to escape pvp rule". Greyp. bjweihe, Holyrane & Babble.
Upon reporting this to Neo immediately nothing was done and it was allowed to continually happen throughout the night.
However, when one of our members violated the same rule previously, he was executed on the spot.

I request that at the very minimum Neo be permanently removed from our chat unless on specific admin related business.
--

Harassment:
Blasphemy is constantly harassed openly and publically. We're called Nazi's, assholes, pieces of shit, motherfuckers, pieces of human trash, and so on and so forth and some of these by admin.

Now, we're trying to play as an evil organization so some trash talk I'm completely fine with and even expect.

What I'm not fine with is that when the tables are reversed and we make a comment about another city/player WE get yelled at or kicked/banned/warned for it.

A quick example.

We get called nazi's and I get called labeled as "Kaliven's Bitch" on the forums and it's all cool.

Then one of our members says another town acts like the KKK and he gets threatened with a ban.

Can't have it both ways. If it's ok them to say that shit to us, it's ok for us to say it to them.

I could go on and on and fill this thread with pages of shit and logs, screen shots but this should be enough to get my point across.

~
Spongiform

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
In the broadest terms, I agree with you. There needs to be some sort of point at which we say "enough is enough." Frankly, I think that line should be drawn WAY before Nazi and KKK allusions. Hopefully the meeting tonight addresses some of this.

However, I do not think this is the appropriate place to 'call out' an admin. In my opinion, the most appropriate avenue would be to talk to Kainzo or Apherdite privately about the case.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
You are more than welcome to join in ts3 and listen to what I say. Blasphemy is honestly the only town so paranoid of everyone on there chat. Also, I am a mod and will do the job of one which does include moderating chat.
also, I am not apart of any town and have no plans to join one atm. Ive honestly killed many of the people in Artemis more than those in Blasphemy.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
Spongiform said:
In order for the server to function in a fair, impartial environment things like this need to stop.

Neo_Exdeath
1: Neo_Exdeath has been camping our chat for some time now. I've asked him repeatedly not to camp our chat if he's going to actively be assisting our enemies in PvP against us. If he actually was talking to us or had some actual business there I wouldn't be bothered. It's impossible to use our chat for anything pvp related when he's in our chat and on teamspeak with them simultaneously - despite repeated requests not to be.

2: Recently several members of ORE violated the "no logging out to escape pvp rule". Greyp. bjweihe, Holyrane & Babble.
Upon reporting this to Neo immediately nothing was done and it was allowed to continually happen throughout the night.
However, when one of our members violated the same rule previously, he was executed on the spot.

I request that at the very minimum Neo be permanently removed from our chat unless on specific admin related business.
--

Harassment:
Blasphemy is constantly harassed openly and publically. We're called Nazi's, assholes, pieces of shit, motherfuckers, pieces of human trash, and so on and so forth and some of these by admin.

Now, we're trying to play as an evil organization so some trash talk I'm completely fine with and even expect.

What I'm not fine with is that when the tables are reversed and we make a comment about another city/player WE get yelled at or kicked/banned/warned for it.

A quick example.

We get called nazi's and I get called labeled as "Kaliven's Bitch" on the forums and it's all cool.

Then one of our members says another town acts like the KKK and he gets threatened with a ban.

Can't have it both ways. If it's ok them to say that shit to us, it's ok for us to say it to them.

I could go on and on and fill this thread with pages of shit and logs, screen shots but this should be enough to get my point across.

~
Spongiform

For your information, and for that matter anyone who has a custom chat channel.

Mods & Admins have the ability, and the right, to monitor the chats. I personally watch all chats. A private chat does not mean privacy from the staff.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Let's use some composure when posting things like this. If you're adopting the "evil" role - one can only assume if you roleplay so can they.

1) Avoiding PVE/PVP death by logging out or in - is bannable - do not do it.
2) Harassment of any kind - should not be happening - we LOG EVERYTHING - dont do it
3) Admins are unable to join any town and be active citizens, however they may have residents in all of them, Mods do not have this restriction, and are stewards for the admins/staff.

I'm all for villains existing but being called assholes, dickless morons, idiot campers, PK'ers, mindless driven slobs hell bent on evil doing! - is part of the game. In any game. If you strike yourselves as lawful evil - you're openly stating you would rather destroy/kill then bring to life/create.

Now anyways - enough of the philosophical preaching - if you feel you are harassed - you have the proper channels for staff to launch an investigation - I am more than willing to do so - but am very busy and dont read every topic posted here.

For your information, and for that matter anyone who has a custom chat channel.

Mods & Admins have the ability, and the right, to monitor the chats. I personally watch all chats. A private chat does not mean privacy from the staff.

I have a request then. If a moderator or admin chooses to engage in competitive game play then they not make sure of their monitoring of enemy chats during this period.

This creates an unfair advantage - forcing us to not use in game chat or give away our locations and intentions. Some players are unable to use voice chats or choose not to creating a situation where we cannot effectively work as an organized unit due to having an enemy combatant in our channel.

For those not very familiar with PvP on this system - Stealth & Surprise are the #1 weapons in this game. Getting the drop on someone means almost certain victory.

Novillus

Dirt
In my opinion, if you are so paranoid, as Neo pointed, and you feel threatened by someone spying, doesn't that mean you feel in your gut that what you're doing is counter-productive to more than one person's fun, not including your own?
Regardless, the spying is sometimes tasteless, but I say it can be very humorous at the same time. Maybe you're a bit too serious about this PVP thing? It's not world of warcraft here where you can get an epic mount for dominating pvp.

Novillus said:
In my opinion, if you are so paranoid, as Neo pointed, and you feel threatened by someone spying, doesn't that mean you feel in your gut that what you're doing is counter-productive to more than one person's fun, not including your own?
Regardless, the spying is sometimes tasteless, but I say it can be very humorous at the same time. Maybe you're a bit too serious about this PVP thing? It's not world of warcraft here where you can get an epic mount for dominating pvp.

Paranoia is a thought process thought to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state

It's not paranoia when anything you say in your own (supposedly) private chat gets immediately reported to your enemies. I've had several people from other the ORE faction tell me we have spies among us along with specific time sensitive information to prove it. ie: something I said in chat recently.

This coupled with odd happenings has begun to form a pattern. For example, one day I decided I'd go camp out a specific road on a specific spot. I sit there for awhile (20 mins or so) and see nobody. I casually mention in our private chat where I am and what I'm doing. Minutes later 3 or 4 armored people show up and know right where I am, despite being well hidden.

We've had to repeatedly (10+ times) kick/ban blatant spies out of our chat. I consider this and the possibility that they have paid spies to join us or give them info part of the game. It's our job to root them out and deal with it.

What I have zero control over though is a moderator doing it. I've asked neo nicely. "Please, if you're going to actively fight us please stay out of our chat"

Is it really too much to ask for a moderator not to... exploit their moderator powers? Is this sort of thing OK here? Am I just some sort of idiot for thinking it shouldn't be ok?

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
This is a counterproductive thread, and it was a loaded title to begin with.

The staff are not spying on you to PVP.

Closed.