• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Split PvP Between Lost Souls and Spec'ed Classes

Do you like this suggestion

• Total voters

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What I'm suggesting is that limit pvp for lost souls within LS.

It's nice that you don't have to worry about being killed until you are lvl 10, but once you do, you are free game to all the mastered players. What my suggestion means is that once a LS passes lvl 10, he/she can PvP with other Lost Souls, but spec'ed classes can't harm him (And vise versa).

This would definitely help the new player experience. I see players get frustrated and leave, because they get tired of people camping them (Who they could never beat at their current lvl). While I don't believe it will fix all problems, it will alleviate it and make it more fair for the players.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Optimistic.
It'll just lead to a world where LS' are employed or people stay/go to LS just to troll spec'd people who can't do a thing to them.
They could loot battlegrounds, throw down lava, or otherwise just be a jerk and no one could stop them.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Optimistic.
It'll just lead to a world where LS' are employed or people stay/go to LS just to troll spec'd people who can't do a thing to them.
They could loot battlegrounds, throw down lava, or otherwise just be a jerk and no one could stop them.
To be fair, you can still do that with players lower than 10. I believe that the good out weights the bad with my suggestion.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
To be fair, you can still do that with players lower than 10. I believe that the good out weights the bad with my suggestion.
Less than 10. It's a lot harder to stay below lvl 10 than to just not change out of a class.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Less than 10. It's a lot harder to stay below lvl 10 than to just not change out of a class.
Hell...if someone is willing to stay LS so they can pull off some Silly PVP tricks, why not let them :p It's better than getting constantly camped by masters at lvl 10...

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Hell...if someone is willing to stay LS so they can pull off some Silly PVP tricks, why not let them :p It's better than getting constantly camped by masters at lvl 10...
You're lostsoul, no one but lostsouls can hit you...
Shame there's tryhards staying master LS or switching to it just to kill you.
Shame when you spec and hit lvl 10 master specs will be on your face.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
No point to this as delf said with shrine coming out. Raging also has a point with how bad it could be exploited. In my opinion I feel like people would /hero choose lostsoul to not get killed by specs and it would be dumb.

I SAY LET IT BE i am tired of these stupid class players going " OH LOOK A BEGINNER LOST SOUL LETS KILL THEM AND TAKE THERE STUFF CAUSE I AM A NOOB CLASS " so any 1 who dissagrees that means YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

Super593

Glowstone
Shrine is Ok.I mean its built for if you want to avoid PVP.

Gear is really easy to get back considering how quickly you can get stuff in a world where you can work together with everybody.

Tho this idea sounds great in paper.It can be exploited.Only by those who wish to however.I mean it's not like every player will do this just to avoid pvp in a PVP world.

It could be implemented.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
We were all a Lost Soul at one time or another on this server. (Some of us more than once, as happens when we accidentally reset our character ;) ). Your plea does not fall un unsympathetic ears. Hopefully the implementation of new PVP objectives, arenas, and other form of non-LS focused aspects will lessen the impact that the PVP-starved HC players currently have. I agree that triggering LS PVP-ON at L10 is pretty harsh...but so is getting camped by a sub-L10 and getting ones stuff stolen by someone who is inpervious to attack. Raising the LS PVP-ON cap will only encourage more low level thieves who would exploit.

Kainzo has graciously opened up the possibility of Personal Regions to all individuals who are whitelisted. It is not that costly to purchase a humble abode to get established in, protect your goods, and have a place to recall to. Furthermore, any person can purchase a LWC locked chest to further protect ones valuables. You can check the wiki for information on those protections.

However, as much as I am opposed to high level specialized class PVPers who pick on low level Lost Souls (which I won't go into here), there are better means to prevent that. One example I have already gone into detail here:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pvp-safe-chests-region-vs-lwc.47610/#post-378946

focuses on level disparity.

As an aside: please remember that Herocraft is a "Hardcore PVP server." Having a steep learning curve is only meant to help you in the long run. If you get frustrated and rage quite the server by Lost Soul L20, it's probably for the best. Charles Darwin would be satisfied that his theory worked yet again.

Because it is most likely that the Lost Souls who are agreeing with this idea will be already specialized classes before any change would occur, may I offer up some suggestions to you in the interim:

Buy a Personal Region and/or join a town for added protection.
Buy a LWC locked chest.
Use efficiency4/unbreaking3 tools and fortune picks when mining.
Use enhanced magical weapons (bows, swords), and always wear armor.
Don't let Constitution be simply a dump stat...be able to survive a creeper explosion or two.
When killing mobs or mining, return home often. Set an arbitrary (set at your discretion) amount of XP, ore, and/or souls and every time you hit that mark, recall home. Even if it is every 15 minutes.
Go to the Nether to level, it is much quieter there. In a week Shrine will be here and you can get mob XP there and convert your souls to money (which will transfer). Balance the value of the trash loot you will get from these mobs versus the benefit of non-PVP safety. I'm sure you'll find it much more beneficial to have PVP off.
Level in groups.
Make some high-level friends that are part of one of the powerful towns.
Convert souls into currency frequently. No one can take your money from you once converted.

You might say: "Yeah, but I'm broke." Once again, we were all broke at one time as well...but no one needs to be with a little bit of focus & effort. There are many ways to make money in this game, and plenty of shops to sell your stuff to now. Take the time to use your /warp skill to sell that which you find is lucrative for you. Mining can make you a ton of money. Just remember to recall often to a safe location frequently, as stated above.

Best of luck to all Lost Souls in your endeavors. If you stick with HC long enough, the hazing you experienced as a LS will all simply be thought of as a now-passed headache.

Oh, and by the way. Once you are a specialized class, set an example by NOT doing on to Lost Souls that which you had done on to you. Break the cycle, and advocate for your townsfolks and/or friends to "leave the poor Lost Soul be...we'll get 'em when he's specialized."

-yav

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah I was raiding and a lvl 9 lost soul get to a chest b4 me...... then showed me some diamonds and diamond tools......... also If this Happened you would have a goon with 5 lost souls spamming bandage on him and he would always win

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah I was raiding and a lvl 9 lost soul get to a chest b4 me...... then showed me some diamonds and diamond tools......... also If this Happened you would have a goon with 5 lost souls spamming bandage on him and he would always win
Bandage doesn't work on targets that are in combat...

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The PvP level for Haven/Ruins is now lvl 1, and players who wish to level in peace can do so in Shrine.
This matter is now irrelevant.