• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Specific area lag?

Around 11:30am EST I was traveling to a location when I started getting very hardcore lag and wasn't able to talk in any channel. Realizing my laptop was running a McAfee virus scan I closed minecraft and let it finish.

Later when the scan was completed, I attempted to resume playing Herocraft only to find the lag continued with no signs of recovery. After restarting my laptop the lag continued. I have logged into other servers without any issues.

I do not use any texture packs and the only mod I use is Rei's mini-map. What could be the cause of this? If a mod or admin wants my location I can PM you the coordinates, and feel free to move this thread if it is in the wrong area.

Thanks,
Ulterior941

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Are we talking latency lag, or framerate lag?

If it was framerate lag, it's possible that somebody was harvesting a large wheat farm nearby, which often causes an immense amount of lag. If it was latency, HeroCraft has been having a few server lag problems recently, mostly in relation to block lag.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Could have been redstone too. People have set up MASSIVE repeaters in the past that don't like the server so that people lag to hell in the area.

Some towns have also made amazing redstone defenses as well before that sometimes cause lag, like The Wilderness's giant tower of death (so many arrows....oh god....).

PM the coordinates to someone and have them go there to see if they lag. Don't openly post em though or someone will camp there prolly to kill people >.<

I am near Overdeep, the lag is so bad I can barely move, maybe 2 blocks a minute, and it still continues this very minute.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Ulterior can you give me the coordinates? I got an admin to go look at it but the coords will help. PM them if you don't wanna post em in the open.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Are you logged in right now? I am an owner of Overdeep. An Admin, a Mod, and myself went in search of your lag area, all 3 of us hit the 1fps lag but none of us could find the source of the lag and then the lag suddenly disappeared. The lag was strongest on the east side of my town. I know of nothing within the town that could cause such lag since I've got no redstone circuits set up, but I do know to the east of OD is project kitten which has hit me with 1fps lag in the past. I think I've fixed project kitten but if your getting that king of lag it may not be as fixed as i thought :(

I logged in and got the same 1fps lag, but after a minute it improved and I managed to get out of the area. Thanks for your assistance. Now I know where to avoid XD

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Its a huge farm that kainzo buried under the ground near the start of the map because of how massive it was. There was an auto cactus farm in it and the cactus would accumulate at the pick up point. I would have to fight through the 1fps lag to reach it.... i would then pick up like a full inventory of cactus and go up to like 200 fps lol. Ive since replaced the pick up point block with a block of lava so all the drops flow into that instead of accumulating...

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Why don't you simply destroy the farm? If it is really that large, then just that much cactus growing will put a very large strain on the server that if removed would help it to be better......

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Ill go in and kill the cactus plants then, I've gotten enough cactus off the farm myself that ill never need to use it again hahah.