• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spam Disconnect

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Just making a post for this so that we can get this out of @Mumfrey 's thread seeing how it's not a macro issue. @Kainzo Was wondering if there is any "fix" possible for the macro disconnect issue. In PvP and PvE mashing a key in order to get a better chance of actually targeting something will promptly kick and kill you making both, but mainly PvP, difficult..

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just making a post for this so that we can get this out of @Mumfrey 's thread seeing how it's not a macro issue. @Kainzo Was wondering if there is any "fix" possible for the macro disconnect issue. In PvP and PvE mashing a key in order to get a better chance of actually targeting something will promptly kick and kill you making both, but mainly PvP, difficult.
Don't spam macros. This is your ultimate fix. The issue is you (everyone) with macros do HAMMER the server. That will cause lag. Now, we actually did get with Spigot and have the /skill - command re-integrated as "not spam" so we can re-enable that at some point when we feel Macros is out of beta/full release. However, that wont be until we're ready for it.

However, we're working with macromod to integrate with Heromod - @unknownloner does want to pass the command directly through to heroes without having it hit the command listener. If we can do this without changing Heroes or requiring everyone to use it - im all for it. :)

dood i went from num 7 pvp top to num 30 from spam kick xD
Please undrstand what this team is about - I constantly see you posting moronic things - speak properly or you wont be assigned to the balance team much longer.

Last edited:

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Don't spam macros. This is your fix. The issue is you (everyone) with macros do HAMMER the server. That will cause lag.

However, we're working with macromod to integrate with Heromod - @unknownloner does want to pass the command directly through to heroes without having it hit the command listener. If we can do this without changing Heroes or requiring everyone to use it - im all for it. :)
Alright just wanted some idea.

I seem to have found a way around the kicking issue. Rather than spamming a key on one target you put the skill on a key state macro with a delay. (Anything under 1000 ms will kick you from what I've seen). Not sure if this is better in terms of server performance but it at least resolving the issue for now.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
As far as the spamming issue is concerned, I don't believe that kicking players is a proper way to address the issue.

It's no secret that Minecraft is prone to both regular lag issues, as well as constant desync issues. These things lead to the client and server being very different from each other when it comes to player positions and player actions. Due to this, it is actually very difficult to target players with any and all targeted skills while they are moving around. The common way of dealing with this is to mash the living crap out of your hotkey until the server decides that you have actually targeted the player you are aiming at. It's unfortunate, but that's the reality.

Due to this, any player that is fighting in PvP combat with a class that has even one targeted skill, he is likely to be kicked 100% of the time just by trying to get that single skill to go off properly. As many of you know, being kicked in the middle of combat results in a PvP death, as it is considered combat logging. He can of course, not spam as much and avoid being kicked, but in the amount of time that he spent "doing nothing" so as to not be kicked, his opponent is likely to get the upper hand, costing him the fight. This is especially true if the opponent does not need to rely on targeted skills as much. (Runeblades and Pyromancer's for instance)

I understand that PvP has never been your focus point for Herocraft Kainzo, but as far as Heroes is concerned, it's really all the players have right now. Having the server handicap and even punish the players for trying to compete at any sort of level, is very frustrating and demotivating..

-----
If you are hoping to reduce the server stress, I would personally suggest taking another route to solve the issue, rather than punishing the players outright. I know that MacroMod has an inherit function that discards keypresses when the player is spamming hotkeys excessively. Perhaps forcing that option on Herocraft would be a better solution? @Mumfrey , @gabizou

Last edited:

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
As far as the spamming issue is concerned, I don't believe that kicking players is a proper way to address the issue.

It's no secret that Minecraft is prone to both regular lag issues, as well as constant desync issues. These things lead to the client and server being very different from each other when it comes to player positions and player actions. Due to this, it is actually very difficult to target players with any and all targeted skills while they are moving around. The common way of dealing with this is to mash the living crap out of your hotkey until the server decides that you have actually targeted the player you are aiming at. It's unfortunate, but that's the reality.

Due to this, any player that is fighting in PvP combat with a class that has even one targeted skill, he is likely to be kicked 100% of the time just by trying to get that single skill to go off properly. As many of you know, being kicked in the middle of combat results in a PvP death, as it is considered combat logging. He can of course, not spam as much and avoid being kicked, but in the amount of time that he spent "doing nothing" so as to not be kicked, his opponent is likely to get the upper hand, costing him the fight. This is especially true if the opponent does not need to rely on targeted skills as much. (Runeblades and Pyromancer's for instance)

I understand that PvP has never been your focus point for Herocraft Kainzo, but as far as Heroes is concerned, it's really all the players have right now. Having the server handicap and even punish the players for trying to compete at any sort of level, is very frustrating and demotivating..

-----
If you are hoping to reduce the server stress, I would personally suggest taking another route to solve the issue, rather than punishing the players outright. I know that MacroMod has an inherit function that discards keypresses when the player is spamming hotkeys excessively. Perhaps forcing that option on Herocraft would be a better solution? @Mumfrey , @gabizou
unknownloner and I already figured out a solution for this. @Mumfrey already added an interface with Macro Mod that will allow HeroMod to selectively send the command packets depending on repetition. Essentially, if a skill is on active cool down, HeroMod will prevent sending the macro'ed skill command to the server until about 1 second before the cool down is up (since cool downs work with real time and player latency can be up to 1 second. This will also intentionally prevent skills being cased less than 0.05 seconds between each other (potentially).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

-----
Macromod isnt even in open beta and this is a private/closed testing. This is the stage where we need to plan and fix issues such as commands lagging the server or causing extra weight. Spigot/Bukkit was the one who implemented this anti-spam measure for unknowing server admins getting more lag.

As gabizou stated, we have a possible fix and for those who are using heromod (which everyone should be) it will be a great thing.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
unknownloner and I already figured out a solution for this. @Mumfrey already added an interface with Macro Mod that will allow HeroMod to selectively send the command packets depending on repetition. Essentially, if a skill is on active cool down, HeroMod will prevent sending the macro'ed skill command to the server until about 1 second before the cool down is up (since cool downs work with real time and player latency can be up to 1 second. This will also intentionally prevent skills being cased less than 0.05 seconds between each other (potentially).
Macromod isnt even in open beta and this is a private/closed testing. This is the stage where we need to plan and fix issues such as commands lagging the server or causing extra weight. Spigot/Bukkit was the one who implemented this anti-spam measure for unknowing server admins getting more lag.

As gabizou stated, we have a possible fix and for those who are using heromod (which everyone should be) it will be a great thing.
Sounds good. :)