• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Soul Leach

macura

Diamond
DK's soul leach scales fucking awfully with intellect (14 +.0375 per intellect ever 2 seconds for 20 seconds). And with their main purpose being a leach tank, so DK's soul leach should most definitely scale better off of intellect. I think that it should be like, .25 per intellect(maybe a little bit more, i'd start off here because i don't know how much this change would effect the class). (keep in mind that you only get 80% of the health for the damage u deal with a 15 second cd).

No one seems to play DK and i think that this would really help out the class's probability because its dueling potential without harm touch is quit shitty. DK has always been the anti-warrior warrior, being able to pretty much shit on all the other warrior except maybe some of the better paladins. Now even dragoons can win against DKs because of piercing strike. Dk had a niche and got kicked out of it this map.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
if that scaling is true, I can see a change being made, but you also gotta look at full damage output. right now its 140+(.375 per int) of the entire duration. so no matter what, a warrior is doing 140 spell damage. .25 would be a bit much in my opinion, as that would be 140+2.5 per int, so with 30 int, it'll do 215 damage over the 20 second period.
I say we could go with @malikdanab 's idea and change the intitial damage to be lower, and buff up the scaling. the only problem that I see with this, is that if you want a tankier build, you sacrifice your damage heavily because of it, as is the problem with hybrid classes.
OR
we could keep it the same.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Another note, soul leech lasts 20 seconds, but the CD is 15 seconds. So in a 1v1 you will be wasting 25% of the skills power. How I would change soul leech:

• Base: 14->25
  • Scaling: 0.0375->0.25
  • Tick rate: every 2 seconds
  • Duration: 20->10 seconds
With 25 INT (A reasonable amount of INT on a DK) the DPS change would be:
  • Old: 149.375
  • New: 156.25
While the damage change won't be huge, it will scale better compared to before. The change in the duration also makes the skill more reliable since it works quicker.

Last edited: