• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

SOPA

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The worst part is that SOPA doesn't actually stop piracy, which is its purpose. It only blocks DNS, so if they blocked pirate bay, you couldn't use the URL, instead you'd need the ip and it would work just fine.

With that in mind, this bill comes with many, many bad things that don't have much to do with it's purpose, which is to stop piracy(a purpose I support).

I'm glad congress didn't vote on this yesterday, and will instead revise it further. Let's hope the next version will actually do something about piracy, and not inhibit freedom.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I hate how we try to make ourselves seem like the haven for the free when we are slowly taking rights away.

So I leave you, SOPA, with this simple message:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I heard mention of the possibility of a separate internet (thereby making "internets" grammatically correct) if SOPA goes through, built on a system other than DNS. There was also speculation that such a thing could prove to facilitate a lot of Unsavory Activity, including black market activity.

On the one hand, I'd hate to ruin our perfectly good internet as it is, but the notion of an underground network just has some appeal to it. I don't know if there's a lot of veracity to all this wild mass guessing but it sounds possible at a first glance.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I heard mention of the possibility of a separate internet (thereby making "internets" grammatically correct) if SOPA goes through, built on a system other than DNS. There was also speculation that such a thing could prove to facilitate a lot of Unsavory Activity, including black market activity.

On the one hand, I'd hate to ruin our perfectly good internet as it is, but the notion of an underground network just has some appeal to it. I don't know if there's a lot of veracity to all this wild mass guessing but it sounds possible at a first glance.
Oh, I can see it now;

Person 1: *Casts glances back and forth* "Got the link written down?"

Person 2: *Checks behind himself* "Yeah, got it right here."

Person 1: *Reaches for scrap of paper*

Person 2: *Keeps paper from Person 1* "Uhp uhp uhp - Money first."

Person 1: *Sighs, reaching on pocket for $2* "Here, you happy?"

Persons 1 and 2: *Exchange money and piece of paper*