• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Something wrong with Fire?

Zyvo1

Coal
I just upgraded my L20 Crafter to Alchemist, so I got on the wiki and checked my skills, got up to Level 2 to be able to use Cauldron, and... Fire Doesn't work.

I want to know if this is an error server wide, or just with me. and if it's an error on my part, how do I fix this?

Player Levels:
L14 Dragoon
L4 Alchemist

Also, what is the skill "ArtisanCrafter" for? It doesn't seem to ever do anything.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I just upgraded my L20 Crafter to Alchemist, so I got on the wiki and checked my skills, got up to Level 2 to be able to use Cauldron, and... Fire Doesn't work.

I want to know if this is an error server wide, or just with me. and if it's an error on my part, how do I fix this?

Player Levels:
L14 Dragoon
L4 Alchemist

Also, what is the skill "ArtisanCrafter" for? It doesn't seem to ever do anything.
It is most likely that your town has fire turned off so you will need the mayor to enable fire to be turned on to be able to get your cauldron working!

Source: I had this issue myself until I turned fire on in my town.

Thankyou for contacting Herocraft Support Service

Served by: BeasttRecon

Have a good day!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Well I just learned something, lol - thanks @BeasttRecon

If you're still having problems with ignition, @Zyvo1, put in a petition to get your block lit.

Btw with fires under cauldrons it used to be that only oak blocks would make the cauldron work - is this still the case, I wonder?

Zyvo1

Coal
Btw with fires under cauldrons it used to be that only oak blocks would make the cauldron work - is this still the case, I wonder?

IDK about that, it still says only Oak works on the Wiki.

Another Question, IK fire dosn't spread, but does it destroy blocks? because over 90% of our structures in town are made of wood.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Your concern is understandable! I'm thinking firespread is turned off at server level, or we would have heard people mentioning it by now.

The wiki does indeed say oak only, but mechanisms that only worked with the earlier blocks are gradually being updated. Oak would be your best bet, at least.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
IDK about that, it still says only Oak works on the Wiki.

Another Question, IK fire dosn't spread, but does it destroy blocks? because over 90% of our structures in town are made of wood.
Hello fellow Herocraftian!

I used whatever log it said on the wiki for my cauldron (dark_oak i think) and not sure about fire destroying blocks so possibly put the cauldron underground if this is a true security risk.

Thankyou for contacting Herocraft Support Service!

Served by: BeasttRecon

Have a great day!

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4

I hope you get your fire situation handled :confused:

Artisan Crafter should allow players to use Lava Buckets, Lighters, and shears- not sure if they removed it and switched it over to an all player perk or not.