• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ----> Something New! Something Fresh! <----

Would You Like To See This On HeroCraft?

• Yes

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Hate PVP!

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This is an objective based game that can be implemented on Herocraft. The object of the game is to get inside of the outpost by standing on the red wool for 15 seconds. Once the door is open, you have 5 seconds to get inside of the building.

Once inside, you have to stay on the red wool for 15 seconds in order for loot to drop from the ceiling. The red wool is very close to the front of the door, meaning that enemies will be able to easily AOE anyone who attempts to get the loot. If a player is knocked off the red wool, the timer resets.

A LiftUp Sign is located inside of the building, incase other team members wish to defend the outpost.

An On/Off switch has been designed as well. This will prevent people from doing this all day long to receive loot on all hours of the day.

This is an objective based game that can be implemented on Herocraft. The object of the game is to have 4 teammates standing each of the corners of the platform for 20 seconds straight in order to receive their reward. The first part of the video displays how it works. The second part of the video shows that simply by creating an Off switch the contraption will fail to work. This will prevent people from doing this all day long to receive loot on all hours of the day.

*For purposes of making this video, I tweaked it so I didn't need to have 3 people with me to stand in their corners. If/When this contraption goes live, it will not work until all 4 corners have someone standing on the red wool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My idea is to have these scattered around the map, around 300 blocks away from every Graveyard. The On/Off switch can be controlled via CommandBlocks. Much like the lottery is automated through CommandBlocks, so too can these contraptions. A little something along the lines of

CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 10 minutes!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 5 minutes!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 1 minute!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 is ready for conquering!

After this, a CommandBlock will switch On the contraption, ready for conquering.
After around an hour, the CommandBlock will turn it off. It is a completely automated event...
Aside from refilling the dispensers with loot. I'm not certain if this can be done via-CommandBlock, but if not, it is something that can be done every so often, especially if the dispensers have a double-chest and a Hopper attached to it.

It goes without saying that these will be regioned by Kainzo much like spawn and graveyards currently are. The dispensers would be LWC'd by him as well.

Ideas for loot are endless, and the 15-20 second timers that the preview has shown can be completely configured. There can be higher risk outposts that take longer to conquer, giving better loot. The difference between dropping a Gold Ingot compared to a Gold Block, perhaps. The reason why I think these should be situated close to graveyards is because death is imminent, and it should be encouraged to get right back to the fight instead of having to pull strings with a Wizard. Chest shops should get a boost as well if they're near graveyards, since reagents/gear/armor are going to be needed following a death.

*Side note : You don't like cobble? Eat me. I make working devices, not pretty ones.
----------------------------------------------

I farted around with how the loot is dropped. The changes are found here...

This is an objective based game that can be implemented on Herocraft. The object of the game is to get inside of the outpost by standing on the red wool for 15 seconds. Once the door is open, you have 5 seconds to get inside of the building.

Once inside, you have to stay on the red wool for 15 seconds in order for loot to drop from the ceiling. The red wool is very close to the front of the door, meaning that enemies will be able to easily AOE anyone who attempts to get the loot. If a player is knocked off the red wool, the timer resets.

A LiftUp Sign is located inside of the building, incase other team members wish to defend the outpost.

An On/Off switch has been designed as well. This will prevent people from doing this all day long to receive loot on all hours of the day.

This is an objective based game that can be implemented on Herocraft. The object of the game is to have 4 teammates standing each of the corners of the platform for 20 seconds straight in order to receive their reward. The first part of the video displays how it works. The second part of the video shows that simply by creating an Off switch the contraption will fail to work. This will prevent people from doing this all day long to receive loot on all hours of the day.

*For purposes of making this video, I tweaked it so I didn't need to have 3 people with me to stand in their corners. If/When this contraption goes live, it will not work until all 4 corners have someone standing on the red wool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My idea is to have these scattered around the map, around 300 blocks away from every Graveyard. The On/Off switch can be controlled via CommandBlocks. Much like the lottery is automated through CommandBlocks, so too can these contraptions. A little something along the lines of

CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 10 minutes!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 5 minutes!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 will be ready for conquering in 1 minute!
CONSOLE : The outpost on -1000, -1000 is ready for conquering!

After this, a CommandBlock will switch On the contraption, ready for conquering.
After around an hour, the CommandBlock will turn it off. It is a completely automated event...
Aside from refilling the dispensers with loot. I'm not certain if this can be done via-CommandBlock, but if not, it is something that can be done every so often, especially if the dispensers have a double-chest and a Hopper attached to it.

It goes without saying that these will be regioned by Kainzo much like spawn and graveyards currently are. The dispensers would be LWC'd by him as well.

Ideas for loot are endless, and the 15-20 second timers that the preview has shown can be completely configured. There can be higher risk outposts that take longer to conquer, giving better loot. The difference between dropping a Gold Ingot compared to a Gold Block, perhaps. The reason why I think these should be situated close to graveyards is because death is imminent, and it should be encouraged to get right back to the fight instead of having to pull strings with a Wizard. Chest shops should get a boost as well if they're near graveyards, since reagents/gear/armor are going to be needed following a death.

*Side note : You don't like cobble? Eat me. I make working devices, not pretty ones.
Please

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1st problem is that the machine needs to be restocked constantly due to using droppers.
2nd your droppers are visible and can just be looted.
EDIT: Just realised the 2nd was a stupid thing to say
3rd Lottery does not run of command blocks

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
1st problem is that the machine needs to be restocked constantly due to using droppers.
2nd your droppers are visible and can just be looted.

1 - Reloading them wouldn't be terrible would it? Also - can't command blocks take care of restocking these?
2 - LWC them?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Double Chest holds 54 slots
Hopper holds 5 slots
Dispenser holds 9 slots
----------------------------
68 total slots

You could, of course, run a chain of Hoppers as well, to increase the total number of slots. All in all, 68 total slots minimum would mean that these things wouldn't need to be refilled for months, especially if the items you place in there are stackable.

Acepox

Gold
bah, a simple a fly-around by an admin for, say 4 outposts a day would take no less than 10 minutes.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Alternatively, you could replace the Dispensers with a CommandBlock. The CommandBlock will activate when you are successful in staying your ground for 15 seconds. At which point you walk toward the CommandBlock which won't be visible, of course, but you'd walk to a designated area, and you'd be given loot through the /give @p (item number) command. This will give the nearest player the item. No reloading of dispensers necessary.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm..instead of hoppers, couldn't you do a /money give @p amount, but also provide a radius for the @p?

I'd prefer if players received gold instead of coins. If they later die during the battle, there won't be any worthwhile loot to clean up. If, on the other hand, he ends up raining gold ingots... that would be great! /give @p 266 !!!

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
Im not to sure how its done, but I have seen command blocks spawn items on the ground before, so its possible

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Im not to sure how its done, but I have seen command blocks spawn items on the ground before, so its possible

every adventure map I know uses extremely well hidden dispensers to throw out the items

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually using some of Sethbling's filters you can make spawners that spawn items at a limiting range, so until a spot in the floor is lowered it wont spawn items. You set it up so it has a very high spawn rate, so for the single server tick the block is down it spawns an item then the piston moves the block back up raising the loot that spawned.