• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Some samurai suggestions

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of making a suggestion that would help new players, I decided to migrate for now to making a class suggestion post

ATM I think classes are pretty balanced (Aside from legends but lets be honest that's just not gonna happen). So making a class suggestion pertaining to a classes skills may be a bit wary. But I do think of all classes, samurai needs some incentive aside from speed and damage (We have ninja for that!)

I'm just gonna throw every suggestion I have for samurai so it's not gonna be too organized.

- Murasames heal is disabled, but that might be on purpose. Instead of turning the skill into a mega bash, maybe we could give it something other than a heal. Like maybe a pull or a dash(leaning more toward pull)

- Kotesu could be aoe, considering kotesu is samurais only cc ability, I think it's fair for it to be aoe. You could add some cool zig-zag effects to really emphasize the whole samurai theme.

- Parrymagic should work. And after that's done, maybe make it so that you have to block with the sword for it to go off?

- Honor is a bit weird imo. Samurai has all these pure offense abilities and then outta nowhere, a party buff and self debuff? I think Honor should increase self and party str and constitution, but still apply the slow

- Sword durability damage is currently disabled, but I think it would be nice to have it taking away %of current durability instead of max.

- Ashura should knock up instead of away,(Why would you want to gain distance as a fighter) Aside from disengaging, but idk.

- Atm, strike is samurais most damage dealing ability. It is also samurais level one ability. I think some damage from strike should be taken and given to some of samurais higher level abilities.

- As a samurai you would expect to have a parry ability. Samurais fight from the enemy, they turn enemies attacks them. Adding a parry would be a really nice addition. It should be active for only 1-2 seconds, requiring skillful timing to pull off.

- Kuribu
- After charging for 2 seconds, unleash a very wide arc swing, dealing heavy damage and knocking back enemies. (A worthy disengage ability)

I'll be honest, adding ALL of these suggestions would create a beast and op samurai. But I do think some suggestions should be taken to account. Samurais in a nice spot right now i'll admit, but these few suggestions could clean up the lingering dust still left on samurai

_Trains_

Obsidian
What if samurai had a side-step attack instead of Murasame? There is a special move called a Yokomenuchi used in the old samurai martial art known as Aikijutsu. Usually, Yokomenuchi is used as a side-step to slash attack, and that might be helpful for projectiles.

We all can agree a warrior is no match for a ranger, and usually falls to any long-range attacker. This attack will benefit the samurai as it gives a chance to side-step any projectile. We don't even have to incorporate the slash if the move gets OP.

@J2BH

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
What if samurai had a side-step attack instead of Murasame? There is a special move called a Yokomenuchi used in the old samurai martial art known as Aikijutsu. Usually, Yokomenuchi is used as a side-step to slash attack, and that might be helpful for projectiles.

We all can agree a warrior is no match for a ranger, and usually falls to any long-range attacker. This attack will benefit the samurai as it gives a chance to side-step any projectile. We don't even have to incorporate the slash if the move gets OP.

@J2BH
I don't agree at all. Warrior should beat ranger almost every time, unless they're at the top of a hill or something like that. Warriors are generally tanks and some have disarm which cripples them.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7

@J2BH
Gonna have to agree with irish in that warrior should be able to hold off a ranger. But nevertheless, a sidestep slash would be a pretty cool ability