• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Some 4.0 Suggestions

Joka10

Soulsand
So, 4.0 is coming out, and there are a few suggestions I've seen/made/just thought up that I'd like to bring up, just for thought.

-Finite Economy-

Right now, (well, pre-DDoS) DHX has unlimited resources (99.9% sure this is true, but if I'm wrong, ignore this). No matter how many times you buy a diamond from them at the mob arena, they'll still have more. So, if you were absolutely strapped for diamonds and wanted gear, you could just go to the MA and buy all the diamonds you needed for fairly cheap. The same goes for redstone (although it's so common that no problem could ever really develop from it anyway) and other things DHX sells.

Since HC has a border, and Warshard doesn't regenerate THAT often (maybe this will change in 4.0), technically there is only so much diamond to be found in the ground. It's unlikely that a lack of diamonds would ever stem a major conflict, because one probably wouldn't come around for a long time, but, without DHX's infinite supply, theoretically it could eventually happen. Maybe this would be more trouble to code than it's worth, but allowing DHX to run dry could create interesting stirs in the economy.

-A Way to Conquer-
So, people have been bringing up the topic of conquest for a long time, and basically every suggestion I've seen involves getting into the enemy's base and capturing some landmark. A thing like that is so easily abused that I don't think it's even worth trying. But I do think it would be possible to implement conquest in another way.

So, in my idea, a town that wants to conquer another town can declare war on them via a command. They would have to put a certain amount of money into stasis (like the lottery pot). This amount would be bigger if they were attacking a smaller town, and smaller if they were attacking a bigger town. The members of the town being attacked would be notified, and a series of parameters would be brought into play.

First, there would be a certain amount of kills required for the attacker to conquer their target. If the attacking town was more populous than the defending town, the amount of kills required would be higher. If the opposite was true, it would be lower (but never less than the total population of the defending town). If the attackers fulfilled the kill requirement, they would get back the money they put into stasis and also gain control of the defending town. (And a quick clarification: This was probably obvious, but the 'kills' I mentioned are measuring when an attacker kills a defender)

Then, there would be a time limit. If the attacking town was more populous than the defending town, the time limit would be shorter. If the opposite was true, it would be longer. This time limit would be several hours, even days long. That doesn't seem like a long enough range because sieges and things like that can last a very long time, but there would be several factors that would stop the time from counting. The time would only go down when members of both towns were online. At least one member of the defending town would also have to be outside his/her town by a distance of at least 50 blocks for the timer to count (this would prevent people from camping inside or just outside their town to avoid getting killed, while still running down the clock). If the timer were to run all the way down, the money that was put in stasis would be given to the defending town, and the attacking town would be unable to declare war for a certain period of time.

There would also be an amount of kills required for the defending town to nullify the war. This number would be higher if the defending town was larger than the attacking town, but smaller if the opposite was true (though never smaller than the size of the attacking town). If the defenders were to kill an amount of attackers equal to the kill requirement, they would receive the money put into stasis at the beginning and would receive control of the attacker's town.

There would also be ways to include more parties on each side. If an attacker wanted to attack more than one town (or a defender or attacker wanted allies), they could add them to the war and the parameters would be changed accordingly.

Still, there would be a few kinks in the system, but it would work pretty well for the most part, I think.
^This one is kinda long, so I've put it in a spoiler.

-Different Road Protections-

I think Kainzo even said he would do this at one point (meaning for Dragongarde), but just bringing it up again anyway. It would be nice if only the road itself was protected, so that people could do barricades, make little side-roads leading off, and stuff like that. However, if this is done, it should be legal for people to break stuff that others build directly on top of the roads, so that impenetrable (at least by legal means) barriers can't be put down.

I think I had more in mind when I started writing this, but I either forgot them or decided they weren't worth putting down.[DOUBLEPOST=1345766260,1345319231][/DOUBLEPOST]I downloaded today's snapshot, and installed a mod so I could spawn the Wither. If you don't know, it's a boss mob that will be in 1.4 which hovers just above the ground and shoots projectiles out of its three heads. These projectiles resemble the mob's heads, and explode similarly to a ghast's fireball on impact. However, living things hit by these projectiles attain an effect called "Wither". It is almost identical to the "Poison" effect, except it makes the life bar appear black and it will damage the player to death, rather than half a heart. Anyway, I think that in 1.4 (4.0 would be out way before then, but it doesn't seem worth it to me to make a whole new thread just for this suggestion), these "Wither Skulls" would make a good ranged skill for Necromancers. Their effects would have to be modified a bit, but they seem almost made for the class to me.

Joka10

Soulsand
Edit: and it merged the Wither post (probably will this one too) into my OP ._.