• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

SO. Hackers. Are they a problem? (PC)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
SO. How full of hackers is this game on the PC? I hear that it's pretty bad and not really worth playing due to the amount of people that hack on the PC.Does anyone else here have it? How bad are the hackers? Is it worth it? Is the game in general worth $60?

I keep getting linked to videos on people doing crazy things and between the game play and graphics I don't see any reason not to buy this game unless its so full of hackers that I won't be able to enjoy a game.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
i dont own it, but one of my friends do, he says its almost as bad as mw3 (and mw3 is REALLY BAD, like at the min 1 hacker in every match)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Well too late. I was convinced by many people both on teamspeak and at school and it is installing as I type this. Can't wait to play, hope the hackers aren't too bad. My friends on the PC say that the hackers aren't too bad, less than 1 per match usually. When there are hackers it isn't too serious either, except for that whole "tricking the server into thinking legit players are hackers and banning them from BF3" thing.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Its not, and @jwplayer0 your friend is A: A whiner. B: Joining bad servers.
It honeslty aint even bad, just avoid the 64 player metro servers.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Old thread, but yes, it is not bad. I have seen only 1 hacker in hours and hours of playing, which was a guy with 90 some kills and zero deaths on a 64 player metro with no punkbuster anti hack, just admins which were currently afk.

Game is amazing, very glad I bought it on the PC.