• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

So GW2 went F2P and...

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Now that it's free I can finally get into it.
Didn't have the money to buy it when it came out.

Pixxy

Legacy Supporter 2
Is it really free to play now? I thought it was buy the one time, and no longer subscription based.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I'll post my game-id whenever I get home from work. I've been thoroughly enjoying myself since I started playing it again. I tried it years ago when initially released and got bored/lonely playing solo. I've got my wife and a few friends playing now, so the more the merrier.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Jupiter bought it for me a while ago, but never played it haha. They all quit by the time I got it

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I traded my original account for a Neverwinter beta key (a mistake I know, but I'm a massive r.a. salvatore fan). Still gotta replace my headset - one side died, mic works doh :( 5 more hours and I'm off for the next three days, so I'll see you all soon! I've been using the curse app, but I'll be lurking on HC, IRC, and TS as well.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I traded my original account for a Neverwinter beta key (a mistake I know, but I'm a massive r.a. salvatore fan). Still gotta replace my headset - one side died, mic works doh :( 5 more hours and I'm off for the next three days, so I'll see you all soon! I've been using the curse app, but I'll be lurking on HC, IRC, and TS as well.
i just broke my headset :( rip, looks like i'll be needing to get a new one too. Any recommendations for a fairly cheap one that's still nice?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I used these forever (20 bucks, free shipping, decent sound & mic), until I upgraded to a larger/comfier/more expensive pair

Now I have no idea what to get XD

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
My GW2 ID is Envader.5239 and my Curse Voice ID is Barbas0l, for anyone interested in joining me :D

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I've been having a blast. Anyone else still play?

Add me - Dielan.8120

To those who think it's free there are some caveats. Basically there are three ways you can play this game:

Core - which is the game I preordered a few years back that has all the things you would expect

Expansion - which includes new areas, new classes, and it is all in all amazing

Free - which is all of the content of the core game, but with HEAVY restrictions. You can't enter some towns until a certain level, you start with three character slots, you cant send or receive items or gold via the mail system, you can't use the trading post, and many other inconveniences.

Here's the catch - You don't need to buy both the expansion and the core game. Buying the expansion lifts all the account restrictions put on free users. So all of the core game is accessible without buying it. Some people feel cheated because they bought the core game close to when the expansion dropped, but what really happened is the core game you can still purchase isn't the game anymore its lifting restrictions on a now free game. People who have the core game but don't have the expansion still have immense advantages over the free users.

If you're new and you tried it out as a free user, go buy the expansion.

_phant0m_

TNT
I have 2 80s but I never really got into the expansion and kinda stopped playing. Perhaps I'll start it up again.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I'll add you when I get off work in a few hours @Dielan9999

I tried SAB out, but I'm pretty focused on the pvp season atm. I may play it enough/do dailies to get a sweet weapon doh.

I've been on a pretty mean win streak in ranked pvp the past 2 weeks. 28-6 atm, and all with the sub-par warrior class XD

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll add you when I get off work in a few hours @Dielan9999

I tried SAB out, but I'm pretty focused on the pvp season atm. I may play it enough/do dailies to get a sweet weapon doh.

I've been on a pretty mean win streak in ranked pvp the past 2 weeks. 28-6 atm, and all with the sub-par warrior class XD

I actually haven't been on this weekend due to coursework for university. Now I'll never catch up to Symbolite. Add me anyway and I'll see it eventually (probably like thursday)