• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

So addicting... but so annoying...?

ehovda321

Stone
Umm... after mining for about an hour, gathering 5 stacks of Iron Ore, and 28 gold ignots (around 250c)... some random ranger can come and kill you? I hit him about 20 times with my Iron Sword. he had less armor than me, and he killed me with a bow that shot at 5 poison arrows per second... WTF Herocraft... Ok, sure I am raging... but why are specs so overpowered?! Really unrealistic HC, that's just awful >_>

I quit. :)

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Unrealistic? A ranger, which is higher level and stronger than you, killed you. How is that unrealistic? You were outmatched fair and square.

ehovda321

Stone
Unrealistic? A ranger, which is higher level and stronger than you, killed you. How is that unrealistic? You were outmatched fair and square.
the part that was Unrealistic was that I can hit somebody 20 times with an Iron Sword, and it doesn't do ANY damage... the HP is unrealistic. Do you like it when you lose 2 hours of work?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Go out and chop some wood. It lends a little perspective to your Herocraft experience. ;)

And how do you know that it didn't do any damage? Or that you landed 20 hits for that matter?

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
the part that was Unrealistic was that I can hit somebody 20 times with an Iron Sword, and it doesn't do ANY damage... the HP is unrealistic. Do you like it when you lose 2 hours of work?
go play on a creative server if you hate it so much
this is minecraft not real life

we come here to escape from real life e.o

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Umm... after mining for about an hour, gathering 5 stacks of Iron Ore, and 28 gold ignots (around 250c)... some random ranger can come and kill you? I hit him about 20 times with my Iron Sword. he had less armor than me, and he killed me with a bow that shot at 5 poison arrows per second... WTF Herocraft... Ok, sure I am raging... but why are specs so overpowered?! Really unrealistic HC, that's just awful >_>

What's even more annoying is when people post in the wrong section when there's a clear section for this. BYE.

ehovda321

Stone
What's even more annoying is when people post in the wrong section when there's a clear section for this. BYE.
People who have been on this server for a long time have a HUGE advantage, thats the problem. It's hard to start as a newbie, because this server has been out for about a year... People are already really high ranks... They can kill you easily, and it seems that half of the people on Herocraft just take advantage of the newbies, (who aren't specs yet). That is the problem with Herocraft. Here's an idea for Herocraft, if you guys want to keep the overpowered skills - make a world for people who aren't specs yet. (People who are level 30 and under) so that people can actually play Herocraft without losing all of their progress from overpowered specs.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
On a side note legendary will be Oped against specs and non specs or what's the point having them.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
The reason was because you are a lower level, so the iron sword doesn't do as much damage. A ranger's bow is very powerful. And when you say you didn't do any damage, you actually probably did hurt him, but not enough to kill him. Just because it is an iron sword, it doesn't mean that it can kill someone it 5 hits; it all has to do with your class and level. I know it sucks losing 2 hours of work, but this is a hardcore server and people come flocking to us because our configs with Heroes is the best. Sorry.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
People who have been on this server for a long time have a HUGE advantage, thats the problem. It's hard to start as a newbie, because this server has been out for about a year... People are already really high ranks... They can kill you easily, and it seems that half of the people on Herocraft just take advantage of the newbies, (who aren't specs yet). That is the problem with Herocraft. Here's an idea for Herocraft, if you guys want to keep the overpowered skills - make a world for people who aren't specs yet. (People who are level 30 and under) so that people can actually play Herocraft without losing all of their progress from overpowered specs.
There's a big ladder to climb and we have our share of cutthroats. What can I say? The heart of the matter here seems to be that you're annoyed at losing a load of stuff from mining. And I get that, it's frustrating. But Herocraft is supposed to be on the risky side (particularly if you're a new guy) and it's part of the experience. If you keep that perspective I mentioned with the wood chopping even encounters like that can become exciting rather than infuriating.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Everyone was a new guy once. I got killed by Organicmom on Zeal when I was a level ~23 Rogue that was bringing 10 days worth of mining (Over 5 stacks of gold) from my house on the edge of the map to spawn. I was making special efforts to keep the road in sight, but stay as far off it as possible. He fireballed me in 2 hits and I died.

I tried again in 2 days, more mined gold, less of it this time. Same thing happened with the same person.

I got pissed, and I got down to leveling as hard as possible so it wouldn't happen again. Here I am today.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
It only takes about a week or two to specialize and master, stop complaining, I've gotten killed mining with a couple stacks of gold while I was mastered, it happens to everyone.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

#hardcore

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Did they not mention anywhere on this server that it is Hardcore?

Ehovda. What do you expect? People who dedicated a lot of their time and effort playing on this server only to be defeated by a new player who just joined the other day? What do you think? People who spent more time and played longer should be given an advantage over the newbies. Just like what Aeto said, everyone started as a new player and only the dedicated and persistent survives. Plus, it is hardcore after all.

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7

I saw you on after you made this post. so much for quitting

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Deal with it.. I know I have, and in total I have probably lost more than 5 stacks with gold while mining.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Join a town, use the protection the town can offer.
don't talk loud in chat.
don't make people know you are on the server before you can defend yourself.
be polite
That is the best things you can do as a newbie.

I remember when I was a Newbie, I was fucking scared of going outside my town (with was alone in a corner of the map) even when it was like 10 people online...

You can't pvp as a newbie because it is other people who got tons of experience whit the system and already is master [insertspechere].

One thing you should remember are,
You aren't the new guy forever you'l climb the system in some time.
I climbed the system when the council in my town went inactive and I became sic.

Be active and Never ever say to anyone else than the people you trust 1000000% that you are mining.
If you get attacked is it smarter to run that fight when you are a low level...