• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Sneak: The age old bug

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
So If I can recall, this has been around in various strains as it were from Zeal to now.

If you do not know what I'm talking about it is the rubber banding/rollback bug on sneak.

Essentially, whenever you're in sneak you have a roughly 40% chance of being rubberbanded back to where you jumped from whilst in sneak. This heavily ruins the practicality of 'Sneak' as it's whole purpose being to sneak up on people, however if you can't even get to them, what's the point.

This bug has sent me to my death multiple times. An example being when jumping across a ravine whilst in sneak, you may have thought you'd perfectly timed the jump and reached the other side, only to get rolled back into the ravine gap and ultimately dying of fall damage. This is also makes chasing and running away beyond impossible. 2 steps forward, 1 step back as it were.

I doubt this was intential but I could be wrong.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
So If I can recall, this has been around in various strains as it were from Zeal to now.

If you do not know what I'm talking about it is the rubber banding/rollback bug on sneak.

Essentially, whenever you're in sneak you have a roughly 40% chance of being rubberbanded back to where you jumped from whilst in sneak. This heavily ruins the practicality of 'Sneak' as it's whole purpose being to sneak up on people, however if you can't even get to them, what's the point.

This bug has sent me to my death multiple times. An example being when jumping across a ravine whilst in sneak, you may have thought you'd perfectly timed the jump and reached the other side, only to get rolled back into the ravine gap and ultimately dying of fall damage. This is also makes chasing and running away beyond impossible. 2 steps forward, 1 step back as it were.

I doubt this was intential but I could be wrong.
Bug with No cheat (I think) but honestly never has happened to me, or has only done it when I was really laggy.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I have a similar issue with the jump skill with Dragoon. I'll jump then rubber band back to where I had jumped from. I was told it is no cheat. It doesn't recognize the unnatural movement.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I might be way wrong here, but I had a recollection it was eased off a little at one stage. As if there was a setting that could be adjusted.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't actually think any admins have or will ever read this, yet it's been a bug since Zeal.
Its an issue with nocheat and the extreme detection for hacks. It isn't easily resolvable.

Your lag / server lag will make this more/less apparent.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Its an issue with nocheat and the extreme detection for hacks. It isn't easily resolvable.

Your lag / server lag will make this more/less apparent.

Is simply turning off this part of the NoCheat not possible, I'm sure you'd rather playability over the chance someone is hacking, and in most cases (I'm assuming this part of the NoCheat plugins stops fly hackers) I'm sure we'd visibly be able to see whether or not someone is flying hacking or not.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Is simply turning off this part of the NoCheat not possible, I'm sure you'd rather playability over the chance someone is hacking, and in most cases (I'm assuming this part of the NoCheat plugins stops fly hackers) I'm sure we'd visibly be able to see whether or not someone is flying hacking or not.
It isn't without mass allowing hacks of that kind.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
It isn't without mass allowing hacks of that kind.

So is there no real solution to sneak? If so, would it be more challenging to instead remove the nameplate from the person in 'Sneak' as opposed to making them literally sneak, therefore hopefully removing the roll back that happens every third step.