• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Sneak bug?

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Now, I'm not sure if this is just me but I this has happened to me on several occasions and I thought I'd might as well make a bug report on it. It's hard for me to explain, but here is what I can gather.

Now, when you try to open Furnaces/Crafting tables (haven't checked anything else yet) they all open fine. However, when you go into sneak mode and try to open them not only does it not work, but it makes you get a consistent rubber band. I'm not sure if this is some type of No-Cheat error or just a glitch with 1.5.1.

Here's a video to explain it better:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yeah, this happens to everyone. On your screen, you appear to be normal, but on everyone elses, you are in "block mode". You can fix this by right clicking with your sword.

It would be cool if this could be fixed on Herocraft's side, but I don't know what causes the bug. In the meantime, just be sure to spam right click with your sword whenever it happens.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, this happens to everyone. On your screen, you appear to be normal, but on everyone elses, you are in "block mode". You can fix this by right clicking with your sword.

It would be cool if this could be fixed on Herocraft's side, but I don't know what causes the bug. In the meantime, just be sure to spam right click with your sword whenever it happens.
What about the not being able to open them in sneak mode, is that intentional?

Drenlo

TNT
This error seems to happen when interacting with any object with right click. Chests, doors, furnaces, crafting table, etc...

When it happens when I open a door I am unable to go through any door because I keep warping back one square.

Thankfully right clicking with my sword fixes it so I can stop relogging. I relogged roughly 10-15 times because of it over a 3-4 hour period.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This error seems to happen when interacting with any object with right click. Chests, doors, furnaces, crafting table, etc...

When it happens when I open a door I am unable to go through any door because I keep warping back one square.

Thankfully right clicking with my sword fixes it so I can stop relogging. I relogged roughly 10-15 times because of it over a 3-4 hour period.
Yeah, it's rather annoying.

This bug is largely due to how Vanilla Minecraft now handles sneaking. I'm not sure if it can really be fixed on Herocraft, but it would be amazing if it could. Kainzo , thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, it's rather annoying.

This bug is largely due to how Vanilla Minecraft now handles sneaking. I'm not sure if it can really be fixed on Herocraft, but it would be amazing if it could. Kainzo , thoughts?
gabizou - you think we can fire a sword-rightclick whenever someone enters sneak? or hmm not sure how we could address this...

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
gabizou - you think we can fire a sword-rightclick whenever someone enters sneak? or hmm not sure how we could address this...

That wouldn't fix it.

Basically, the only way to fix it, is to get minecraft to think that the player is not sneaking (for their client) when interacting with objects, and I don't know if we can even do that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
That wouldn't fix it.

Basically, the only way to fix it, is to get minecraft to think that the player is not sneaking (for their client) when interacting with objects, and I don't know if we can even do that.
Not really no... and I think its nocheat causing it, right?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Not really no... and I think its nocheat causing it, right?
I think that might be what's causing you to get "stuck" into a blocking stance, but it's not what's causing you to not be able to interact with blocks in the first place.

In vanilla Minecraft, if you try to interact with any blocks while sneaking, it will attempt to "place" whatever is in your hand. Unfortunately, even if the block in your hand isn't placeable (such as a pickaxe or sword) it still won't interact with the object in the first place. In order to open doors or open chests while sneaking, your hand must be empty.

When using /skill sneak on Herocraft, the exact same behavior is witnessed. However, unlike vanilla Minecraft, you get "stuck" in this state, and it forces you glitch out, as shown in Scycor's video.

I also think that this only occurs if you right click a door / chest with your sword equipped. It should be acting normally if you have any other tool in your hand when right clicking objects.