• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

smith slight improvements

L0ading_

Legacy Supporter 1
I've been smith since the beggining of this map, and here's my current feedback:

-The new warmup for smiths is a success imo, it stops warrior smiths from combat repairing. Good job on that.

-I heard that chainmail crafting would become a smith work, i highly hope it does.

-Transmute Ore is fantastic, but it would be awsome to transmute more common stuff (redstone to glowstone dust, in a 64-1 ratio, obsidian to... coal(or coal to obsidian)? I will post a few ideas if this gets any attention from Kainzo)

-Fixing deconstruct...

-at level 55 (or at mastery if you add more levels) a smith should have only 10% disenchant rate.

-[Skill ideas]:

-Carefull repair: 5 sec warmup, 180 sec CD, repair with lowered disenchant rate
-Sharpen (obvious)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I went Smith mostly for Deconstruct and the ability to repair enchanted items (since you can just put them in the workbench and repair tools pretty easily, but they break enchantments). Since enchantments have a chance to break, and deconstruct doesn't work, I respec'd to alch, cuz it's way more useful and profitable.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I went Smith mostly for Deconstruct and the ability to repair enchanted items (since you can just put them in the workbench and repair tools pretty easily, but they break enchantments). Since enchantments have a chance to break, and deconstruct doesn't work, I respec'd to alch, cuz it's way more useful and profitable.

This, minus the respecing part. I will hold out!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It doesn't seem in the alchemist's nature to be able to make armor. It makes sense for a smith to be able to make chainmail.

Alchemists have potions and all other cauldron recipes, imo, that's enough. One thing I do suggest for alch is a motivation to level past 30, atm there is no motivation. Maybe spread out the different types of potions for different levels? ex: Weakness at 30, fire resist at 40, HP at 50.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
-Transmute Ore is fantastic, but it would be awsome to transmute more common stuff (redstone to glowstone dust, in a 64-1 ratio, obsidian to... coal? I will post a few ideas if this gets any attention from Kainzo)

Am I reading that correctly, you want to transmute Obsidian to coal? 0_o If you need coal I have 3 double chests full lol.

I would love to see a red stone transmute. I would most def respec for that!

Shadeking

Gold
I've been smith since the beggining of this map, and here's my
-I heard that chainmail crafting would become a smith work, i highly hope it does.
i think this would be a great idea.
chainmail isnt meant to be maked in a cauldron!
and im even not a smith so i dont just want it for myself

Shadeking

Gold
Am I reading that correctly, you want to transmute Obsidian to coal? 0_o If you need coal I have 3 double chests full lol.

I would love to see a red stone transmute. I would most def respec for that!
i did'nt get the whole obsidian to coal thing
seemed kinda odd.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I say smiths should get the ability to create an iron golem at level 55. Of course to keep it from being ridiculously op of a class, they should have a 1 or 2 golem limit and the golems should be weaker than vanilla.

agentjwall

Godly
I say smiths should get the ability to create an iron golem at level 55. Of course to keep it from being ridiculously op of a class, they should have a 1 or 2 golem limit and the golems should be weaker than vanilla.

Summoning an Iron golem seems more like an Engineer skill to me. Love the idea though! Maybe the coders could find a way to make it guard a regioned area and protect anyone who has permissions on that region...