• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Smith repairing

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I just recently changed to smith and start repairing, but i don;\'t really think the repairing is much useful.
First, i think, unless there are enchants on the thing u wanna repair, there is no need for any repairing, it costs way way much more then u just make a new one, i think that is not quite the style of a smith.
This is a suggestion thread, so i am here to suggest that, lower the cost of repairing by 3/4 or half
Or, consumes more mana, when the thing's durability is lesser.
Sorry for the grammar and spelling, not really in the mood of writting at all :(

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
How would we lower the cost of repairing? How could we lower the cost of repairing? How would we use half a diamond? Smith is one of the best professions in game.

it costs way way much more then u just make a new one, i think that is not quite the style of a smith.

Completely no it true. It costs 1 regent to repair a tool. (1 diamond to repair a diamond axe) That is worthwhile for every tool (except a shovel.) It always costs the same or less to repair your tool. If I choose to repair my diamond sword, axe, or pickaxe it will cost less than making it myself.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I personally dont find lowering the Repair cost necessary at all. I find Smith the most useful profession especially for a player who plays alone/doesnt get others to help, and as John said, with tools it isnt possible to reduce the reagents needed.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Well, I can't repair diamond yet, but for leather armor, I need like six to repair a chestplate. I don't really think, that is a fair thing tho.
How would we lower the cost of repairing? How could we lower the cost of repairing? How would we use half a diamond? Smith is one of the best professions in game.

Completely no it true. It costs 1 regent to repair a tool. (1 diamond to repair a diamond axe) That is worthwhile for every tool (except a shovel.) It always costs the same or less to repair your tool. If I choose to repair my diamond sword, axe, or pickaxe it will cost less than making it myself.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
And also, this is herocraft, I would prefer a pretty magical smith, which use mana as a reagent rather then those rare resources.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
eh, as a master smith since the early part of bastion, I can agree with lowering the materials needed for armor and such by 1 at the most, but everything still needs a reagent. we cant be repairing from nothing, else that'd ruin the economy more as discussed in another post by making it so people just make 1 pick, use it, get it repaired for no cost, then repeat. if it was that way, then there would be 1 pick per person and all the materials could just be hoarded away and nobody would sell or anything cus there would be no need.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Well, I can't repair diamond yet, but for leather armor, I need like six to repair a chestplate. I don't really think, that is a fair thing tho.

So you'd rather make a new chestplate with 8 pieces of leather, instead of repairing your chestplate for 6 leather? Yeah, I can see that... I don't want to spare 2 leather.
IMHO Repair is perfectly fine balanced. I can't remember the exaaact number, but it's between 18-21 per armor set. I suppose you COULD use 24 leather and get ANOTHER armor set, and then also have the durability on the armor you are already wearing. But on the other hand, you just shouldn't repair your armor before it's durability get's really low.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
If anything, smiths save you too much money. From the beginning, I have been playing HC with an active smith, and we have probably saved at least 10-20k in coin worth of reagents.

I do agree with Kainzo on the leather though. Leather is, in general, much more expensive than other armor types.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
If anything, smiths save you too much money. From the beginning, I have been playing HC with an active smith, and we have probably saved at least 10-20k in coin worth of reagents.

I do agree with Kainzo on the leather though. Leather is, in general, much more expensive than other armor types.
Actually, I am just talking about leather in general, but I have not tried repairing diamonds yet, so I just post this.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6

Regarding the cost of leather - is there anyway to change the durability rating of armor? I dont think leather needs to afford any more protection, but it would be a hell of alot more useful if its durability could be boosted to something similar to chain. Due to the cost, i personally dont see any value in wearing leather armor unless its specifically for pvp because it just breaks so fast.