• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion smith repair signs

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
so my idea is this:
merchants have sell signs, why not give smiths the ability to make repair signs? they put a chest nearby (like chestshop, 1 block) that have the supplies needed to repair, and on the sign, they have the following format, or something similiar.
[name]​
[type of repair, ie diamond, iron]​
[price per material used, ie chestplates take 5 materials, so 5x the price.]​
[smith's level, disenchant chance]​
also, if possible, could enchanter have something similiar? like, they put EXP in a chest next to a sign, and on the sign it has a chestshop sign? like the following format:​
[name]​
[enchant/enchant level]​
[price]​
[amount of available exp in chest (for the enchanters quicklook reference)]​

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
sounds like a cool idea and would make it nice for towns when people arent on. But it could also be hard to code and perfect

Northac

Obsidian
not sure its doable, to repair something they use an ability while holding the item (i believe) and it uses a reagent. While the store thing just gives you the amount of the item from the chest when you pay for it.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
the coding is doable, its as simple as taking the set items from the chest, taking away the item held when clicking the sign, and giving it back as a new item. then the money transfer with iconomy or heroconomy whatever is used, also simple. if i knew how to code, i would do it.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
the coding is doable, its as simple as taking the set items from the chest, taking away the item held when clicking the sign, and giving it back as a new item. then the money transfer with iconomy or heroconomy whatever is used, also simple. if i knew how to code, i would do it.

I agree this would be really cool if it was doable, but remember that smiths actually have a cd on repair, someone could just setup a 'shop' (though for the cost of 50c) and then they could just repair everything in 5 seconds which would normally take 50.

E

eagles90809

I like the smith Idea a lot more than the enchanter one.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The Merchant skill of Chestshop is based on the Chestshop plugin, there is no HerocraftSmithSignShop plugin. A plugin like this would have to be made pretty much from the ground.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not sure what I think of this idea...
I know it would be a lot easier to do this, but this also means it would be more boring to be an enchanter/smith.
It would also make repairments/enchantments very much cheaper.
If someone could just make a chest that could repair or enchant an item, herocraft would need a lot less enchanter and smiths.
So then again, it could end up being harder to earn money from profession work.
(just a worst case scenario).