• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Smith + enchanters 1.4 (MC)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok, with the new item "Anvil" that is being added come Halloween. Are we intending on replacing smiths skills with the anvil?? Personally i think this would be the best idea.
I think smith should be restricted to only repair items and not to merge enchants.

Enchanter should gain the ability to merge the enchantments this seems like a good addition to enchanter as at the moment many would think that it's UP.

(Link to anvil http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Anvil )

Algsa777

TNT
I think both enchanters and smiths should be able to use an anvil. And give smiths the ability to repair anvils while enchanters get a weaker long cd version of it. So smiths can easily use anvils with the cost of iron and enchanter all thier mana and long cd.
On a unrelated sidenote: echanters shouldnt lose thier levels when they enchant but cost mana/regeants/have cd.

KiwiGuy

TNT
Since we are going off on an tangent, I would also like to see Enchanters use Reagents to enchant and then said reagents could be localized to particular areas / worlds.

I think both enchanters and smiths should be able to use an anvil. And give smiths the ability to repair anvils while enchanters get a weaker long cd version of it. So smiths can easily use anvils with the cost of iron and enchanter all thier mana and long cd.
On a unrelated sidenote: echanters shouldnt lose thier levels when they enchant but cost mana/regeants/have cd.
what would it do if enchanters only lost mana for enchanting ._. waiting 2 minutes for another enchant without any cost other than that? thats stupid. Besides what regent would work?

KiwiGuy

TNT
Multiple reagents for the different enchants.
Looting enchant = ender pearls
Fire protection = blaze powder
<insert enchantment> = Fermented Spider Eye

The possibilites are endless, however the coding rework for this would be very intensive and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Even as a Smith, I like the idea of restricting anvils to both enchanters and smiths. Factoring in reagents like Iron instead of exp may be a pain to code.

On a unrelated sidenote: enchanters shouldnt lose thier levels when they enchant but cost mana/regeants/have cd.

Multiple reagents for the different enchants.
Looting enchant = ender pearls
Fire protection = blaze powder
<insert enchantment> = Fermented Spider Eye

The possibilites are endless, however the coding rework for this would be very intensive and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Funny ya'll mention this, as I've been working on something like this, but not specifically for Herocraft. It can be intensive, and I cannot see the staff coding from scratch something of that magnitude with all the other projects going on. Also another advantage of a system like the one I'm working on is that you can give hoes, axes, and shovels the enchantments that are only available for swords in vanilla. So if a caster wants a knockback, flame-aspect hoe, an enchanter could make one.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
there is a plugin that allows enchants to be placed via signs, i would like to see low lvl enchants done at no exp costs to the enchanter via signs, such as a low lvl unbreakable or looting. Allow different enchants per few lvls. I dont expect the best enchants being applicable in this manner, but i dont see an issue with the low lvl ones. Even add a coin price to place the signs.