• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Smith Armor/Weapon Forging

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
As of now, smiths can only 'forge' a few items: the chain armor. When the chain armor is forged, underneath it, it says 'forged by <name of forger>'. I really enjoy this feature, it helps to get your name out there as a smith.

What I suggest is to make forge skills for all the sets of armor, excluding leather, and possibly for iron/diamond grade tools and weapons as well. After all, smiths historically forged more than just chain mail.

These skills wouldn't change the material cost of the creation of the items, it wouldn't make the items 'better', it would just simply make the forged items state 'forged by <so and so>'.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As of now, smiths can only 'forge' a few items: the chain armor. When the chain armor is forged, underneath it, it says 'forged by <name of forger>'. I really enjoy this feature, it helps to get your name out there as a smith.

What I suggest is to make forge skills for all the sets of armor, excluding leather, and possibly for iron/diamond grade tools and weapons as well. After all, smiths historically forged more than just chain mail.

These skills wouldn't change the material cost of the creation of the items, it wouldn't make the items 'better', it would just simply make the forged items state 'forged by <so and so>'.
We're working on something like this, at the very least, we want to include more lore items. I thought it was a neat feature for "Forge" skills and a good snippet of future things to come.

Glad you enjoy it!

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Holy crap. Infusing items would be so cool too. Faunherer you just gave me an idea holy crap.
Infusing your weapons with materials would change a bit with it. Example;
Diamond Axe => Infused with Soulsand => Diamond Axe of Wickedness (Requires negative karma to use)

Though I do like this suggestion! It'd be nice advertisement for smiths around the world. With naming items as well, there's good "unique weapon" idea to be made.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Sounds tricky to pull off, but that would be really cool Jasquan
Would it be like an enchantment on the weapon?

Yeah, either that, or it would just have a nice look. You'd feel way cooler wielding the "Sword of Zo" (imbued with portal), than wielding a regular sword.
Perhaps the suffix and prefix would depend on the item, so if it was portal it was something with "zo", while soulsand would be something with "wicked" or "evil", while glowstone would be "pure" or "whole" or something.
It could of course be a combination of both, with "pure" weapons having "Smite I" or another enchantment that dealt more damage under special circumstances.
Perhaps a fishing rod that gave Farmers a bigger chance to get those special items when he fishes.
(Anything imbued with Rotten Flesh would be something with "Abomination" and deal way less damage or something :p)

EDIT: Perhaps imbuing would only be possible as a enchanter; thus giving enchanters more skills?

Acepox

Gold
You know what? A Karma sword would be freakin' awesome. The more Evil you are, the more powerful you are against the Good and vice-versa.
Having the same system for Smith's chain mail for all or some other professions would be awesome too...examples!
This book was written by *scribe*, this potion was brewed by "alchemist", this axe was enchanted by "enchanter", this soup/carrot/cake/steak was concocted/cultivated/baked/cooked by "farmer", and the list goes on...

PS; Yes I have a bias for food :3

PSS: No I'm not fat... thanks to genetics :D

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
It could cost less to make. It would be cheaper for the smith to make. For example Forge Gold chestplate would require 5 gold ingots instead of someone using 8 gold ingots. This would allow smiths to sell cheaper armor. Or 5 leather instead of 8 leather. Anyone can make armor so why would I buy armor from a smith when I can store a few stacks of mats which would take up less chest space.

It also would be cool to have crafting of iron and diamond armor limited to smiths. This would increase player trade.

Acepox

Gold
Or, the difference could be in HOW it is applied. Smiths would have to find items in the wild, from mobs, dead players, in the nether or the possibly upcoming combat zones; Whereas enchanters simply use magic...