• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Skill] Thief

II_Zee_II

Coal
Lately more skills have had there skills changed to were the effectiveness of the skills would increase with the increase in level. I believe this would work beautifully on two of thief's skills, blackjack and backstab.

Blackjack: this skill as of now has a 10% chance of freezing an enemy for 1.2 seconds. With the increase in effect with leveling I feel that it should raise from 10% to 30% chance of freezing, this would be approximately .57% increase per level from 20 to 55. Also the effectiveness would increase from 1.2 seconds to 2.2 seconds this would be about .028 seconds per level from 20 to 55.

Backstab: This type of oncrease could also be added to backstab. For sneaking I would suggest a increase for the sneaking and none sneaking effects. Backstab while sneaking has a 80% chance of 50% more damage. With the increase of effect with level at max he rate would go from 80% to 100% chance, about 1.3% per level from 40 to 55. The damage increase for sneaking would go from 50% to 75% about 1.6% per level from 40 to 55.the increase rates would also apply to the none sneaking effects, increasing the chance from 10% to 30% and the damage from 25% to 50% from level 40 to 55.

Please give me your opinions on the suggested changes.

10% chance is already high enough. Blackjack doesnt need a buff, its already a great skill which, when i was a ninja on the zeal map itwas a life saver (it was, i believe, a 5% chance of stun) if it got increased to 30% chance, it would just be OP.

However, for backstab. I think having the percentage increase per level would be a nice addition, but not increased damage per level.

HollowSith

Diamond
I disagree. I played Thief/Ninja last map so I know the class well. Blackjack will stun your opponent based on the number of spammed clicks. What I mean is that it doesn't depend on your opponent actually taking damage for them to be stunned but you do have to be within weapon range. They can be stunned 10 times while up close to you but you only actually hit them 5 times. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but we've tested it to be sure numerous times. If you can spam your mouse fast during combat, you will stun them much more then you would expect. Blackjack is a great skill, maybe bump it up to 15% but nothing more. Though the stun should be 2.5 seconds.

II_Zee_II

Coal
I agree with you that last map it was really effective. But this map things have changed I hardly notice the skill at all. 10% just simply does not make the skill feel like its there. But with this increase it will also give mastering the class another benefit.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I disagree. I played Thief/Ninja last map so I know the class well. Blackjack will stun your opponent based on the number of spammed clicks. What I mean is that it doesn't depend on your opponent actually taking damage for them to be stunned but you do have to be within weapon range. They can be stunned 10 times while up close to you but you only actually hit them 5 times. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but we've tested it to be sure numerous times. If you can spam your mouse fast during combat, you will stun them much more then you would expect. Blackjack is a great skill, maybe bump it up to 15% but nothing more. Though the stun should be 2.5 seconds.
Blackjack spamming should be resolved btw. The 'bonus' damage via backstab while sneaking may be increased :)

Jay15

Dirt
i think thiefs should be able to have percent chance to pick lock into lwcs
The point of lwcs is you pay a large amount of money to make sure at least some of your shit does NOT, in any way, get stolen. Any skill/class/way of bypassing this I think is stupid and should not be implemented.

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
The point of lwcs is you pay a large amount of money to make sure at least some of your shit does NOT, in any way, get stolen. Any skill/class/way of bypassing this I think is stupid and should not be implemented.
Nope my idea is great

Jay15

Dirt
I do not believe you are right about this white. Your idea, to me, is not so great. In fact, it a horrid, and revolts to a point in which I can no longer stand to look above at this retched idea of yours.

II_Zee_II

Coal
The spamming is resolved and I feel that 10 percent chance for a 1.2 second stun is not enough for it to be a advantage. When in combat with these classes that have full chain mail and diamond pieces a thief would need that little boost to hope for winning, but as of now the skill is almost none existent in a fight. Backstab is the same, only a 10% chance when not sneak (combat takes you out of sneak) and now its only 25% more damage. Along with this you have to be behind the person. The odds are just too small for it to be effective in a fight.

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
I do not believe you are right about this white. Your idea, to me, is not so great. In fact, it a horrid, and revolts to a point in which I can no longer stand to look above at this retched idea of yours.
No you think my idea is perfect and btw your horrid at smart talking

No you think my idea is perfect and btw your horrid at smart talking
White for one thing, you're persuasive writing is terrible as well. Stop trolling for another thing.

The idea of LWCs is to pay a fee to lock away you're valuables from raiders so you aren't completely wiped out if you get attacked at the location of you're items. So having a class that could bypass this feature would render the use of LWCs invalid and a waste of money, and you're items would never be safe. Even in a regioned area (unless you are the only one with permissions) someone could take your items from a covered chest if the have build rights, so the use of LWCs would also give safety against dishonest town citizens or friends. Also the LWC door would be easily bypassed, so you might as well just cover your door with dirt, and not a "magical spell" if you could get around the LWC as a thief. This is a hardcore server, there are aspects of SAFETY in this type of server, LWCs are one of them. This isn't a fear for your life 24/7 no where is safe kind of server.

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
White for one thing, you're persuasive writing is terrible as well. Stop trolling for another thing.

The idea of LWCs is to pay a fee to lock away you're valuables from raiders so you aren't completely wiped out if you get attacked at the location of you're items. So having a class that could bypass this feature would render the use of LWCs invalid and a waste of money, and you're items would never be safe. Even in a regioned area (unless you are the only one with permissions) someone could take your items from a covered chest if the have build rights, so the use of LWCs would also give safety against dishonest town citizens or friends. Also the LWC door would be easily bypassed, so you might as well just cover your door with dirt, and not a "magical spell" if you could get around the LWC as a thief. This is a hardcore server, there are aspects of SAFETY in this type of server, LWCs are one of them. This isn't a fear for your life 24/7 no where is safe kind of server.
Nope my idea is amazing. Don't bother writing a paragraph.