• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

/skill sneak just ruined my runestone.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
So I had /skill sneak on, I have a runestone in hand and try to open my chest to place it back.
Instead of opening the chest it places my runestone on the ground next to the chest and it is gone.

This is just stupid.

video reconstruction:

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
If you didn't know , shift clicking makes the block you're looking at "normal" ( Instead of a "container" (chest) it'll be a block just like the others.)
PS: I'm sorry for you but that's it :/

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
If you didn't know , shift clicking makes the block you're looking at "normal" ( Instead of a "container" (chest) it'll be a block just like the others.)
PS: I'm sorry for you but that's it :/

I know, didnt know /skill sneak works the same way. I just dislike runestones dissapearing when placed down.

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
I know, didnt know /skill sneak works the same way. I just dislike runestones dissapearing when placed down.
Yeah , the server recognize you like you ARE sneaking , it's not like a visual effect or something like that .
PS : This is my first quote , so I don't kinda know how to use it .

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah , the server recognize you like you ARE sneaking , it's not like a visual effect or something like that .
PS : This is my first quote , so I don't kinda know how to use it .

press the reply button, still think runestones shouldnt be able to get ruined like this. If you have a ancient one and this happnes you lose 5-6k at once...

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
press the reply button, still think runestones shouldnt be able to get ruined like this. If you have a ancient one and this happnes you lose 5-6k at once...
Waaait , you've lost 5-6k just for this thingy ?! Well at least you know that now and this wouldn't happen again .
PS : Thanks for teaching me , master .

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Unfortunately this is the case. I'm sure there are plans to actually make runestones non-placeable, but until then, be more careful :p

I suggest never holding a Runestone in your hand unless you're actually about to use it, of course :p

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Unfortunately this is the case. I'm sure there are plans to actually make runestones non-placeable, but until then, be more careful :p

I suggest never holding a Runestone in your hand unless you're actually about to use it, of course :p

I was about to use it, had to drop 1 stack of dirt to get some redstone -_-.

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
That wouldn't be that great... Redstone blocks are a good item to use for Runestones - they could just try to make it so that if you place it, it doesn't reset.
I know a redstone block fits better , but it would be impossible to make it not reset :/

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You cannot just make runestones a non placeable block because in turn, redstone blocks, furnaces and the rest of ten would become unplaceable as well.

Runestones are just a regular block with a modified damage value, and from what I know (since its the same with chest shops), you cannot restrict one thing without restricting them all.

Do yes, it would have to be changed to a unobtainable item, and then that item become unplaceable.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
You cannot just make runestones a non placeable block because in turn, redstone blocks, furnaces and the rest of ten would become unplaceable as well.

Runestones are just a regular block with a modified damage value, and from what I know (since its the same with chest shops), you cannot restrict one thing without restricting them all.

Do yes, it would have to be changed to a unobtainable item, and then that item become unplaceable.

I'm assuming you were quoting me, as I got a notication about it.
What I meant was to change the runetone to an unplaceable item, like a nether star w/ modified damage value, etc.

BruZZlie

Coal
What about a restriction to that item ?
Like the way nobody can place chest minecarts or furnance minecarts .

Edit: What about a slik touch pick ? Will it save the damage value , or the actual block can't have it ?
- Posted by BrusLi44

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
What about a restriction to that item ?
Like the way nobody can place chest minecarts or furnance minecarts .

Edit: What about a slik touch pick ? Will it save the damage value , or the actual block can't have it ?
- Posted by BrusLi44
When a block is placed, it loses all it's damage values and returns to being an ordinary block, which is why this happend in the first place.

Also, when placing blocks like iron ore, I think it actually places the block on the ground before registering what is happening, so it just removes the iron ore from the ground, and gives you back an iron ore. I am uncertain if you would gain back your runestone, or you would just gain a redstone block from doing this...