• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Skill One only lasts 15 seconds

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
The skill One only effectively/apparently lasts 15 seconds, not 20 seconds.

This is evident both by observing run speed, and also by the buffs listed when you open your inventory. When the timer (starting from 20 seconds) counts down to 5 seconds, it disappears, and the perspective/zoom goes back to normal as does actual run speed.

5 seconds later, you see the alert in chat that run speed has returned to normal, but there is no active boost for those last 5 seconds. This makes the skill actually 25% shorter than expected.

Based only on my own observations. Samurai/20, running minecraft 1.4.2 with the "herocraft jar" mods installed.

I've been told this is intentional, however it is advertised as a full 20 seconds (not 15) on the wiki, in /skill one help, and /skills samurai 2. So everything has led me to believe it should work for an effective 20 seconds.

If it is in fact supposed to be 15 seconds, perhaps we should change the text in those 3 places to say 15 instead of 20, and ideally change the "returned to normal speed" message to happen in sync with the buff wearing off, rather than 5 seconds afterwards. These things are all very misleading.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Correct, there is an issue with potion timers, so what it says was increased to fix the issue with it ending early. It's strange.