• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Skill Binding

Glastonburypie

Glowing Redstone
Hey guys,

so i'm looking to bind all my samurai skills using improved chat. I was discussing with a few pvp veterans on the best layout of these. Is putting blade grasp on right mouse click a good idea? Rest would just be 1-5. Is right mouse key r.mouse? I'm also curious on other binding patterns that you all use.

Taunt {1}
Disarm {2}
Mark {can't bind}
Recall {can't bind}
Star {not in game}
Bleed {3}
Bladegrasp {r.mouse?}
Cleave {4}
Mortalwound {5}
One {not in game}

Cheers,

Glaston

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey guys,

so i'm looking to bind all my samurai skills using improved chat. I was discussing with a few pvp veterans on the best layout of these. Is putting blade grasp on right mouse click a good idea? Rest would just be 1-5. Is right mouse key r.mouse? I'm also curious on other binding patterns that you all use.

Taunt {1}
Disarm {2}
Mark {can't bind}
Recall {can't bind}
Star {not in game}
Bleed {3}
Bladegrasp {r.mouse?}
Cleave {4}
Mortalwound {5}
One {not in game}

Cheers,

Glaston

Hi, I'm a level 48 samurai, and i couldn't live without imp chat! :D my bindings work as follows:

• Bleed [f]
  • Disarm [g]
  • Recall [o]
  • Cleave [v]
  • Bladegrasp
    [*]As far as I know you can only bind to keyboard keys with imp chat, but you can try r.mouse, although that would be incredibly irritating, as it would activate every time you right clicked? :S
    [*]I haven't got skills that I dont use bound IE: Mark, taunt. And I have yet to acquire mortalwound, I will sort out where I place it when I get it :p

I have positioned all of my commands nearby my WASD keys, so that I can reach them quickly with my left hand. Personally I wouldn't recommend binding to number keys, as I often use the number keys to switch to items in my hotbar thingy.
I also use a few letters further away from WASD for switching to the chat channels I regularly use.
Hope this helps :)

Glastonburypie

Glowing Redstone
Sweet dude, only a couple more levels! I'm 4k left until 50 so I'm getting pumped to unlock all the moves.

I like the idea about avoiding the right mouse now that you mention it. I'll see what's comfortable and try and keep them around my movement keys.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This is how I do it;
I moved my inventory key from "e" to "q".
And I have my skill hotkeys on "e", "r" "f", also recall on "t"

malmenca

Diamond
Glaston, maybe do the /bind bladegrasp to you sword? So assuming you are fighting it will be easily accessible. The only downside would be if u dont have a sword in your inventory bar.

Glastonburypie

Glowing Redstone
I'll be doing some testing of both ways to see what's effective. Keep you posted on any results & thanks for the strong showing of replies.