• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Skiing

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
After an interesting conversation about skiing with Etkenn and Graink in Offtopic chat, I decided that there should be a place on the forums for skiing to be discussed. Where is your favorite place to ski? Are you a skier or boarder? etc

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Skiier. I go all around Vermont usually, Killington, Stratton, etc. I've been up north in Canada to Tremblant and one other mountain. Been to Jackson Hole in Wyoming and Beaver Creek in Colorado once each.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
hemsedal1.jpg
This is were I usually go for downhill skiing. It's Hemsedal, a small town located in my district here in Norway. I love skiing from the very tops, as I can ski all the way down to the bottom (Takes maybe 10 min because of all the traffic and courses)​
452307280_86813c306f_z.jpg
This is one of the central points of the place where I do normal skiing. It's around 1200 Metres above the Ocean level, with a lot of mountains and long courses. (A normal trip would be around 14 kilometres, when I go a long trip it ranges around 20+ kilometres)​

Also WoleverEntun, you need to tag me for stuff like this​

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
photo-ski-hill-gondola.jpg
Revelstoke BC, my favourite place to downhill ski. They have 170o vertical metres of skiing. The top is at 2400 metres above sea level. Other hills that I visit are Kimberley, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Kicking horse, Nakiska, Silverstar, Sun Peaks, Panorama, and a few that I don't remember.

Where I like to crosscountry ski is basically anywhere in Banff, Jasper, or Kootenay national parks area. My best trip was skiing into Skoki lodge, not very far, but a great trip, and a great lodge. Here's an old picture:
Skoki1.ashx