• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Not a Bug Skeleton(s) unable to shoot out of sugar cane

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
As the title says, but I'm not sure if this is a bug.
I've never noticed this before. I've asked in help chat about the issue if it's vanilla AI. I know that the AI is vanilla, at least that's what Danda once told me. But I don't know if this behavior is part of that AI, so I thought just to post it here.

So here again:

I was travelling around in PvE during night time, saw some skeletons on my way, one saw me and attempted to attack. I was standing behind some sugar canes, the skeleton was unable to shoot through it, but of course knew where I was. So it came closer until it was standing right in front of me, doing nothing. I slowly stepped back and noticed that it was able to shoot me as soon as it left the sugar canes. Therefore I assume it to be either an AI bug, or AI intention, as in "Sugar Cane is like a block, you cant shoot through it" or "Sugar Cane is like a Tree, you cant shoot through it".

Sounds dumb that I've never experienced this before, but that's the way it is.

If it's not a bug, /close it, honestly wasn't sure, but didn't want to neglect posting it, in case it truly is a bug.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
As the title says, but I'm not sure if this is a bug.
I've never noticed this before. I've asked in help chat about the issue if it's vanilla AI. I know that the AI is vanilla, at least that's what Danda once told me. But I don't know if this behavior is part of that AI, so I thought just to post it here.

So here again:

I was travelling around in PvE during night time, saw some skeletons on my way, one saw me and attempted to attack. I was standing behind some sugar canes, the skeleton was unable to shoot through it, but of course knew where I was. So it came closer until it was standing right in front of me, doing nothing. I slowly stepped back and noticed that it was able to shoot me as soon as it left the sugar canes. Therefore I assume it to be either an AI bug, or AI intention, as in "Sugar Cane is like a block, you cant shoot through it" or "Sugar Cane is like a Tree, you cant shoot through it".

Sounds dumb that I've never experienced this before, but that's the way it is.

If it's not a bug, /close it, honestly wasn't sure, but didn't want to neglect posting it, in case it truly is a bug.
Vanilla Mechanic. Arrows can't shoot through any "solid" block. Also includes vines.

Last edited: