• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SK Atrophy

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Right now, a lot of classes are getting mobility skills. ShadowKnight has lost some of its CC. ShadowKnight needs one more slow to help close the gap between players.
@radicater11 "I can add a "rupture" type effect to atrophy, where if the player moves, they are slowed. While keeping the tick damage."

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Right now, a lot of classes are getting mobility skills. ShadowKnight has lost some of its CC. ShadowKnight needs one more slow to help close the gap between players.
This is too true, right now any class can just turn and run from ShadowKnight, and they will get away. The class needs something to help with this glaring problem.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
It has wraithform which helps it a little bit, but I don't see an issue with give it a bit more because other classes go so much. Maybe adding speed when going into wraithform, but keeping the fact that you cant hit? @Balance Team @Irishman81 @Dewyn Thoughts?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Shadow knight is not getting any form of speed or mobility, but more cc is definitely needed because it lost terror, (which was getting replaced by a similar skill but idk where dewyn is on getting it in)

@radicater11 why don't you add a simple slow to atrophy and see where that takes us for now

c12095

Holy Shit!
I agree with @Irishman81 with his views of a mobility addition, it's unnecessary. The removal of terror crippled the usefulness of ShadowKnight. Im curious, how devastating I'd the lowest rank of slow? Because it very well may too strong for 14 seconds, I'm just not familiar with how slow it actually is.

The slow based on movement is a very interesting idea but it goes back to the same possible problem, is even the lowest slow for 14 seconds too strong?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Slowness 1 doesn't do a lot I believe, but 14 seconds is pretty long.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Lol, thought we made atrophy tick faster and last less a while back. I'll just go ahead and re-add terror for now because that fit the class very well and we'll work from there.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
@Balance Team As I was discussing with @radicater11. Thinking of it in terms of muscle degeneration, how about a slow II or III for last 5 seconds of skill. Damage ticks like normal, but as the skill progresses, the slow is then applied at the end.

Edit: ran tests - jump running with slow I provided almost no difference while not slowed. ~1-3 blocks over a period of 14 secs. To go 50 blocks running(no jump) with no slow took avg of 8.8 seconds while slow I took 10.5. (vanilla)

Last edited:

Dewyn

Retired Staff
WraithForm actually adds speed already, but removes sprint. Or it should.

I agree with w0nd3rb0y, DK is a warrior and should be standing its ground instead of chasing.